Playing music via bluetooth with my new At&t Samsung Galaxy note 4- BMW 528xi

Jeremy David

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey All!

I've been going crazy trying to figure out a way to play music via bluetooth in my 2010 528Xi BMW. Everything else works for the bluetooth, just not the music. I can play music using the headphone jack, but there's a static noise which drives me nuts. I had the same issue with my Galaxy S4. Anyone able to crack the code or find a way to play bluetooth for this phone model in a bmw iDrive system for 2010??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the 2010 5 series has Bluetooth streaming audio capability? A review of the 2011 528i mentioned that it doesn't, so I would assume the 2010 doesn't either. Go to Settings>Bluetooth, and tap on BMW. Do you see "Media Audio" with a checkbox, or do you only see "Phone Audio"? If the latter, then the car doesn't have streaming audio.

George Gabriel1

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive will stream music via Bluetooth with my iPhone 4s, not with my Galaxy s5.
There has to be a way to connect the android devices to BMW.
I do not have iDrive.
Any Thoughts?

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey All!

I've been going crazy trying to figure out a way to play music via bluetooth in my 2010 528Xi BMW. Everything else works for the bluetooth, just not the music. I can play music using the headphone jack, but there's a static noise which drives me nuts. I had the same issue with my Galaxy S4. Anyone able to crack the code or find a way to play bluetooth for this phone model in a bmw iDrive system for 2010??

Are you sure that your BMW supports A2DP? This is necessary in order to play media using Bluetooth. I found a few links indicating these older BMWs did not support A2DP. More importantly, other than the Android, have you ever gotten a device to play media via Bluetooth?