11-09-2015 12:33 AM
236 12345 ...
tools
    the screen lags when i scroll downwards. doesn't matter what apps i use.. it laggs. hope there will be an update fix in the future.
    Joemgreen92 and Mark Hense like this.
    10-25-2014 01:27 PM
    I haven't experienced ANY lag. I also have not seen the infamous "gap" that loads of people are hyping. My Note 4 is amazing, beautiful, intuitive and the best phone I have owned so far, going WAY back to flip phones and walkie-talkie type cells. This phone is beautifully constructed and works fast and flawless for me.
    10-25-2014 01:52 PM
    I haven't experienced ANY lag.
    You have, and don't even realize it. You must be unfamiliar with microstutter. Lollipop & ART will fix lots.
    10-25-2014 02:57 PM
    I completely agree on the Note 4's lag. People do NOT understand the definition of lag, apparently. Lag ranges from so many things (scroll lag, animation lag, runtime lag, etc.) I have had to do so much to this Note 4 that I haven't had to do on my previous Note 3, or 2. Scroll lag right now, is unavoidable. Completely. It is horrendous. I don't care what anyone says, get your face up to the screen and scroll down some damn text, you can see each letter drag, causing motion blur on text! Ughhh. I've switched runtimes to ART, improving animation and app lag drastically, but if you don't restart your phone at least once a day, it slowly goes back. Disgusted that this is a continuation. I clearly remember this with the Note 3 but having no options to fix it (before KK was avail.) I saw the GS5 5.0 vid, and I can only hope Lollipop fixes all of this. I LOVEDD my Note 3 ONCE KK arrived so no, before you say it, I don't live an angry life under a rock, I'm a consumer.
    The scroll "lag" you speak of is also present on the iPhone. When you scroll, the text becomes blurry. That's not really lag though. It has everything to do with the refresh rate of Amoled and LCD panels. As the pixel count rises, the higher the refresh rate. They have just recently got the 2560x1440 to a refresh rate of 1ms. That's fast. But that's on 24" or higher displays.
    mike7328 likes this.
    10-25-2014 03:13 PM
    Annnnddd, my Note 3 did not have any scroll lag whatsoever. Please try again and tell me why the refresh rate of this AMOLED display causes blurry texts.....*****.
    10-25-2014 06:49 PM
    The scroll "lag" you speak of is also present on the iPhone. When you scroll, the text becomes blurry. That's not really lag though. It has everything to do with the refresh rate of Amoled and LCD panels. As the pixel count rises, the higher the refresh rate. They have just recently got the 2560x1440 to a refresh rate of 1ms. That's fast. But that's on 24" or higher displays.
    I'll stick to my experience, and what I know, you do the same.
    10-25-2014 07:02 PM
    look buddy, instead of trying to be funny, you better answer my question if you can and want to do that. there is no point making that thread any longer. Yes, I did make a mistake, it happens.
    I have the s5 and it does lag on occasion and most Samsung phones will not be as fluid and fast as vanilla android. The best things I can recommend is turn the animations off and use a different launcher (i use nova launcher prime).
    I have been using my s5 since April 15th and after a few tweaks it's been a great phone..

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5
    10-25-2014 08:42 PM
    what is the trick to get developer options again to show up
    10-25-2014 09:24 PM
    Go to about device in settings and tap about 5 times on Build Number. Developer Options will the be visible about 4 lines above About Device.
    Good Luck!
    10-25-2014 09:30 PM
    Try this.
    -turn off (uninstall if possible) all of the 'bloatware' apps (including Google&Samsung apps)
    -make nova launcher your default launcher
    -download the app greenify, enable automation (keeps apps running in the background off)
    -Uninstaller any un-necessary apps that you don't use
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-26-2014 03:55 AM
    Yes touchwizz makes any device lag unfortunately. Some people tend to notice it more than others.
    10-26-2014 04:37 AM
    Try this.
    -turn off (uninstall if possible) all of the 'bloatware' apps (including Google&Samsung apps)
    -make nova launcher your default launcher
    -download the app greenify, enable automation (keeps apps running in the background off)
    -Uninstaller any un-necessary apps that you don't use
    The problem is you shouldn't have to do all of this.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 06:49 AM
    I'll stick to my experience, and what I know, you do the same.
    If you don't want insight, facts, and/or a reply to your posts...Don't post. Got it?
    skippyg likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:06 AM
    Annnnddd, my Note 3 did not have any scroll lag whatsoever. Please try again and tell me why the refresh rate of this AMOLED display causes blurry texts.....*****.
    Go read up on it yourself. Not that hard....*****
    10-26-2014 07:08 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have to make a decision on what device to keep the iPhone 6 Plus on my Note 4. I thought that the Note 4 was going to be my device for the next year. That was until my iPhone showed up finally in the mail two days ago. Now I really don't know. I have been using my iPhone since Thursday after about six days with the Note 4. The experiences are very different.

I'm in the same boat. I love the Note 4 slightly more though. Keep both 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 07:17 AM
    The problem is you shouldn't have to do all of this.

I agree. The only thing that I have found that makes my phone "slower" or "stutter" is dropbox. If I uninstall DB, it's as smooth as butter but if I reinstall it, the slowness, lag, and stutters begin. I've got into the habit of turning everything off till I need them and manually refresh apps as needed.
    10-26-2014 07:17 AM
    I agree. The only thing that I have found that makes my phone "slower" or "stutter" is dropbox. If I uninstall DB, it's as smooth as butter but if I reinstall it, the slowness, lag, and stutters begin. I've got into the habit of turning everything off till I need them and manually refresh apps as needed.
    I do think that the lag that people are experiencing isn't that great though. Yes it is noticeable especially when comparing it to the iPhone. But we are talking about just a split second difference in opening apps and a visual stutter when navigating the operating system. And this doesn't happen in all areas I have found. It's there. But it shouldn't be a problem. I saw it and it didn't bother me at all really. The trade off is that you have a supremely powerful device that can do a lot of cool things at once.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 07:53 AM
    Well, i just had a coffe with my friend and i had the seen the new IPhone 6, i don't know why when i saw it at first i thought is super snappy. I have compared the two devices now and i can say they are almost identical in terms of fluidity and responsiveness. I was thinking the IP 6 was very fast but that wasn't the case. The animations are as slow as on the note 4. I have even disapled the motion on the iphone 6 and still not as fast as i thought.

So that did help to make a dicision.

I am keeping my Note 4, the difference in speed and responsiveness is not noticeble enough to exchange the features of the note 4 for the iphone 6 plus.

That's simply my opinion.
    You cannot disable animations on a stock iPhone 6. So I doubt what you are saying is accurate. Please explain how you did it?
    jdhooghe likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:39 AM
    It does have a bit of lag, which to me is just another indictment of TouchWiz. My Note 4 would be FANTASTIC as a GPE...

Posted via the Android Central App
    nj1266 likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:48 AM
    The Droid Life guys are saying their Note 4 lags, too. Kind of funny considering the hardware that's inside...
    smooth3006 likes this.
    10-26-2014 09:39 AM
    The Droid Life guys are saying their Note 4 lags, too. Kind of funny considering the hardware that's inside...
    The problem isn't Android. The problem is Samsung's skin over it. It just isn't smooth. I haven't seen a laggy Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus.

10-26-2014 09:41 AM
    The problem isn't Android. The problem is Samsung's skin over it. It just isn't smooth. I haven't seen a laggy Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus.
    Yes I know...never said it was Android.

10-26-2014 09:42 AM
    all samsungs lag. you guys should be used to this.
    10-26-2014 10:52 AM
    Hmmm...lag vs being able to do what I want on a phone...I'll take lag for 500 Alex...

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-26-2014 11:05 AM
    Ive owned Samsung devices for years. Out of all of them this is the fastest ive had. I havent experienced lag except in the recents app. And that "micro stutter" is so minimal that its not even worth thinking about. MY experience is that if youre really that ocd about get another device because its a little rediculous.

Oh the screen scroll lag isnt noticeable vs my note 3.... looks the same when text "drags". Of course its just my experience. But what do i know

Posted via the Android Central App
    reesh11 and Tabbiel1989 like this.
    10-26-2014 11:34 AM
236 12345 ...