Is it just me or... does the Note 4 lag?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Where does one find "developer options?"

Speaking of lag, did the shutter on the camera on the Note 3 lag? Mine is very slow to capture a shot.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrsmiles

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I feel like my shutter lags but I think that's a whole different issue. I can't capture a lot of shots and end up missing good moments. IPhone 5s was fine. Never had a samsung before the note 4.

DStrng

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here, no lag. I think I just expect the recent apps to be as fluid as every thing else.
I am loving this phone!

I agree %100. This phone is so fluid! I just came off of the S5 and, omg, that phone drove me nuts with all the hiccups it had! The note 4 is so drastically different that i often find myself smiling while using it☺(I've had it since the 17th). What i think however is that, due to the high volume of devices that Samsung is cranking out, there are batches with issues. Really, i hear radically different user experiences when it comes to the note 4 and it's issues. When i had the S5, i took it back 3x with issues! Each time i swapped it, i experienced a different issue. And that was from 1 store. So I'm assuming that that store's S5 had the same lot number *shrug*. In any event i find the note 4, hands down, to be the absolute best device I've EVER had &/or touched. Hopefully, when android 5.0 Lollipop drops, it'll work out the kinks in the android code period. And maybe Samsung will lighten up TouchWiz a bit. In fact i hear they're scrapping it for a new UI, although that could be them plotting a Tizen coup..😕

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed some lag. I didn't notice when I first got it. But when I compared it to my iPhone 6 Plus, it was a noticeable difference in smoothness and speed.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
No lag here. But then a half a second wouldn't throw my whole schedule into mass hysteria either. I think ppl don't notice things sometimes until someone else says something. If you look for problems, you will find them with any device.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed some lag. I didn't notice when I first got it. But when I compared it to my iPhone 6 Plus, it was a noticeable difference in smoothness and speed.

I have the iPhone 6 and the note 4.....

The iPhone is smooth and fluid because it does basically nothing except run apps. What it does do, it does well but doing 1 thing at a time isn't hard on the hardware.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone is smooth and fluid because it does basically nothing except run apps. What is does, it does well but doing 1 thing at a time isn't hard on the hardware.

I will agree with that. The Note 4 truly multitasks like no other smartphone I have ever used. But it has lag in comparison.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I will agree with that. The Note 4 truly multitasks like no other smartphone I have ever used. But it has lag in comparison.

I have a stutter here and there. But to be fair, the iPhone stutters here and there also...just not as much.

But i would like to see a die hard apple fan try to use an s pen in an app while talking on the phone. ...ain't happening

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a stutter here and there. But to be fair, the iPhone stutters here and there also...just not so much.

That hasn't been my experience with my iPhone 6 plus. But I have only had it for a day. We will see. I'm giving myself the weekend to make a choice as to what device I'm going to keep.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That hasn't been my experience with my iPhone 6 plus. But I have only had it for a day. We will see. I'm giving myself the weekend to make a choice as to what device I'm going to keep.

It stutters here and there scrolling between home screens. Usually after using a few apps in a row. I've had siri take 5 seconds to open then crash. Using safari stutters just like chrome does, but that's because it's loading pic's and stuff.

I'm just saying the iPhone isn't perfect. No phone is. Besides, a little stutter doesn't bother me especially for what this thing can do.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It stutters here and there scrolling between home screens. Usually after using a few apps in a row. I've had siri take 5 seconds to open then crash. Using safari stutters just like chrome does, but that's because it's loading pic's and stuff.

I'm just saying the iPhone isn't perfect. No phone is. Besides, a little stutter doesn't bother me especially fire what this thing can do.

Yeah. I don't think that the iPhone is perfect. But I like it a lot. I think that it is super fast and gorgeous at that. I really like the Note 4. It is a powerhouse of a smartphone. I love all of the features of it. I have really gotten accustomed to the s-pen. And the weird thing is, I really like Touch Wiz. I have never had an issue with it. Nor do I think that it is ugly. I think it looks better than stock Android.

Grayf0x

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I actually owned the iPhone 6 for a month before the note 4. Although it bugs me 75% of the ram can be used up while using a single app, I can attest I've had less hick ups on the note than the iPhone. Maybe I tried multitasking more on the 6 than most of it's user base, but it crashed on me numerous times, particularly while using certain Google apps (wonder if foul play involved xD).

The iPhone was fine for basic/single tasks and I can recommend it to many users, but I personally got bored. Learning about all the functionality on the note is fun in itself, but I'd like to see more streamlining and less bloatware from Samsung if they're to keep me for the long haul. All that aside, it's a fantastic device!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually owned the iPhone 6 for a month before the note 4. Although it bugs me 75% of the ram can be used up while using a single app, I can attest I've had less hick ups on the note than the iPhone. Maybe I tried multitasking more on the 6 than most of it's user base, but it crashed on me numerous times, particularly while using certain Google apps (wonder if foul play involved xD).

The iPhone was fine for basic/single tasks and I can recommend it to many users, but I personally got bored. Learning about all the functionality on the note is fun in itself, but I'd like to see more streamlining and less bloatware from Samsung if they're to keep me for the long haul. All that aside, it's a fantastic device!

I am still amazed by all of the features on the Note 4.

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Definitely lags when viewing a picture after taking it. Lags at random times when doing screen selections...it is what it is tho...not worried about it

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Think of it this way...if you are on the phone, typing an email, and getting directions from your boss at the same time, you are going to move more slowly. However if you're just typing an email it'll be really quick right? That's what I think when ppl say there is "lag". Of course it's a little slower. It's backing up your photos, managing your memory and retrieving emails all while looking darn sexy. I have an iPad mini and lately the keyboard has been taking several seconds to type. Literally. Now THAT my friends, is lag.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that immediately. My Note 3 seemed snappier than the Note 4. I haven't shut down many of the apps that run in the background, but I'm hoping it'll improve over time. Then again, the phone has to deal with a higher resolution than the Note 3 and other previous devices.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Of course it lags. It's a Samsung phone. I'm surprised that Samsung hasn't called it a "feature".

They can throw as much RAM as they want into their phones; they're still going to be laggy and slow.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone is smooth and fluid because it does basically nothing except run apps. What it does do, it does well but doing 1 thing at a time isn't hard on the hardware.

Not exactly. iOS is an OS, just like anything else, and yes it runs applications, just like Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, etc. Multitasking is similar on both iOS and Android as well, in the sense that it's "multitasking". That being said, I can run background tasks on both platforms and they behave the same. And this isn't the place to give a lesson on multitasking on each platform so I'll skip it.

The iPhone, while running on 1GB RAM is just more efficient. The apps are well behaved, and this is intentional as Apple restricts certain things from developers, which isn't always a bad thing. Android is fluid and smooth as well, on a non-skinned device like a Nexus. It's things like TouchWiz, or LG's skin that causes the stutter and lag.

My S5 lags and stutters, but my M8 is smooth/fast. The Note 4 just stutters; it's just the way it is. If you've never used an iPhone or Nexus (or even the Moto X) you won't notice it because you're used to it.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
The lag and stutter on the Note 4 for me is similar to most of the other flagships out at the moment (apart from the M8 which is totally smooth). It's way smoother than the G3 but on par with the Z2. It's got a fairly standard performance which I've come to expect from top end KitKat devices I also find it much the same as my Nexus 5 performance wise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke