Is it just me or... does the Note 4 lag?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Try this.
-turn off (uninstall if possible) all of the 'bloatware' apps (including Google&Samsung apps)
-make nova launcher your default launcher
-download the app greenify, enable automation (keeps apps running in the background off)
-Uninstaller any un-necessary apps that you don't use

The problem is you shouldn't have to do all of this.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I have to make a decision on what device to keep the iPhone 6 Plus on my Note 4. I thought that the Note 4 was going to be my device for the next year. That was until my iPhone showed up finally in the mail two days ago. Now I really don't know. I have been using my iPhone since Thursday after about six days with the Note 4. The experiences are very different.

I'm in the same boat. I love the Note 4 slightly more though. Keep both 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The problem is you shouldn't have to do all of this.

I agree. The only thing that I have found that makes my phone "slower" or "stutter" is dropbox. If I uninstall DB, it's as smooth as butter but if I reinstall it, the slowness, lag, and stutters begin. I've got into the habit of turning everything off till I need them and manually refresh apps as needed.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The only thing that I have found that makes my phone "slower" or "stutter" is dropbox. If I uninstall DB, it's as smooth as butter but if I reinstall it, the slowness, lag, and stutters begin. I've got into the habit of turning everything off till I need them and manually refresh apps as needed.

I do think that the lag that people are experiencing isn't that great though. Yes it is noticeable especially when comparing it to the iPhone. But we are talking about just a split second difference in opening apps and a visual stutter when navigating the operating system. And this doesn't happen in all areas I have found. It's there. But it shouldn't be a problem. I saw it and it didn't bother me at all really. The trade off is that you have a supremely powerful device that can do a lot of cool things at once.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, i just had a coffe with my friend and i had the seen the new IPhone 6, i don't know why when i saw it at first i thought is super snappy. I have compared the two devices now and i can say they are almost identical in terms of fluidity and responsiveness. I was thinking the IP 6 was very fast but that wasn't the case. The animations are as slow as on the note 4. I have even disapled the motion on the iphone 6 and still not as fast as i thought.

So that did help to make a dicision.

I am keeping my Note 4, the difference in speed and responsiveness is not noticeble enough to exchange the features of the note 4 for the iphone 6 plus.

That's simply my opinion.

You cannot disable animations on a stock iPhone 6. So I doubt what you are saying is accurate. Please explain how you did it?

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It does have a bit of lag, which to me is just another indictment of TouchWiz. My Note 4 would be FANTASTIC as a GPE...

Posted via the Android Central App

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Life guys are saying their Note 4 lags, too. Kind of funny considering the hardware that's inside...

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The Droid Life guys are saying their Note 4 lags, too. Kind of funny considering the hardware that's inside...

The problem isn't Android. The problem is Samsung's skin over it. It just isn't smooth. I haven't seen a laggy Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive owned Samsung devices for years. Out of all of them this is the fastest ive had. I havent experienced lag except in the recents app. And that "micro stutter" is so minimal that its not even worth thinking about. MY experience is that if youre really that ocd about get another device because its a little rediculous.

Oh the screen scroll lag isnt noticeable vs my note 3.... looks the same when text "drags". Of course its just my experience. But what do i know ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
your in the minority then.
No I just don't let half a second extra when apps open control my life. It's not that serious to me. I'd rather be able to do all the things the Note 4 can than to have that half a second. I've owned products across the Android board but Samsung works best for me.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S3, Note 2 and tried Note 4 in stores, and TouchWiz will always lag. Putting a AOSP rom makes things a LOT better, but of course that's no solution since they are never 100% stable even if you root/unlock bootloader etc.

Allt he other things like using Nova, reducing animations etc is just like applying band-aid to a major wound, you will stop the bleeding maybe but that's about it. You can't really fix the inherent slowness and inefficiencies in TouchWiz.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Try this.
-turn off (uninstall if possible) all of the 'bloatware' apps (including Google&Samsung apps)
-make nova launcher your default launcher
-download the app greenify, enable automation (keeps apps running in the background off)
-Uninstaller any un-necessary apps that you don't use
Couldn't have said it better myself

I did #1 and 2 above, and noticed a markedly increased speed and actually found my battery is lasting longer!

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz