Is it just me or... does the Note 4 lag?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 for two years and dont see any of the lag as you say every phone even apple will have a little here an there but you must understand that the note 4 is more then just apps like the iPhone it's trying to replace your need for a computer so it's doing a whole lot more then your typical smartphone

Posted via Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Note 4 from day one and Im coming from the Nexus 5. Long story short I dont know if its 'lag' or just the way touchwhiz is coded but it seems like it takes a half second longer to do things on the Note 4 than on the Nexus 5 which is almost a year old. I love the Note 4 for all of its features but touchwhiz is giving me growing pains. At first I thought it was just me but my wife had a moto x, and then I got her the S5 the same day I got note and she has been having same complaints. Issues so far are
- sporadic apps closing (especially hangouts, but random apps as well)
- sometimes the screen hangs for a half a second before doing what you tell it to do
-Taking pictures and then immediately going to view them causes the app to hang for a full second if not longer before opening the picture to view.
- S voice simply doesnt work. Well it wont talk back to me and I cant understand why. I started a thread on it but nothing has solved my problem.

For everything the Note does great it cant seem to do everyday tasks right. I have noticed that if I celar out the recent apps it is much faster but I dont seem to understand why it idles at using over 2gbs of RAM when everything is closed? Its because of these little things that I am reconsidering taking the Note 4 back and getting the Nexus 6. Ik I will lose out on features but the features mean nothing if I have to struggle between switching apps. Anyone else notice these things? And is anyone else considering switching back to stock android?

So tried of you guys talking about the lag of the note 4 I have the n3 and almost never do I noticed it you guys are just looking for things to complain about so you can get on the net a bad mouth samsung go back to your dumb iphone and and sale your note 4 to someone's e who's been waiting in line for one please

Last edited by a moderator:

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So tried of you guys talking about the lag of the note 4 I have the n3 and almost never do I noticed it you guys are just looking for things to complain about so you can get on the net a bad mouth samsung go back to your dumb iphone and and sale your note 4 to someone's e who's been waiting in line for one please

So you didn't experience lag and that means it isn't possible others have? If someone experiences lag they are just trying to put down Samsung? Using an iPhone is a bad thing? You don't even have the Note 4 and you're refuting the claims of people that do because the phone you do have doesn't lag?

Fanboyism works in multiple directions buddy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a reminder for some people in this thread to remain civil.If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Now that's an unbiased response. At least in this forum, people will admit to the existence of some of Touchwiz's shortcomings. Elsewhere, people will tell you that the "perceived"lag is a figment of your imagination.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Why so much animosity? Isn't the point of an ANDROID forum is talk about everything Android, good or bad? Like someone mentioned just because you haven't experienced any lag on the the note 3 doesn't mean others haven't either.

And I have had both note 3 and 4 and they both had some lag.

And just because we're talking about issues with the note and Samsung does not mean were apple lovers. There are OTHER Android manufactures besides Samsung...

Oh and yes I will sell my Note 4 to you, since I'm pre-ordering the Nexus 6. I'll sell it to you at what I paid for the Note 4, $825 plus tax, and I'll throw in the Touchwiz and lag, all for free!

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't root it yet since I'm on AT&T 👎👎

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Ahh. Sucks man. The benchmarks on this rom are unbelievable. People are getting 48,000 and 49,000 on antutu. Quite impressive. Right now im at 43000. But the rom needs to settle first. After the first few days this baby is supposed to really fly.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ahh. Sucks man. The benchmarks on this rom are unbelievable. People are getting 48,000 and 49,000 on antutu. Quite impressive. Right now im at 43000. But the rom needs to settle first. After the first few days this baby is supposed to really fly.

Which ROM? you neglected to mention, just 'an enhanced stock rom'.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Although I don't have the Note4, I'm looking to get the Note 4. I've seen videos where the phone does have some lag and hiccups. Rooting the phone can eliminate that problem. But for the average "joe" who does not know how to root. I can see it becoming a problem.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Switching to AOSP ROM, even if folks found way around Verizon's lockdown, looses a lot of the Samsung extras that are good (one-handed mode, stylus, better camera, multi-window, etc). Plus the inherent stability and security risks of custom ROMs.

Samsung should not be putting people in this bind.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised if custom TouchWiz ROMs can help lag in Recents. Seems unlikely those ROMers will rewrote that whole code. But may be there's a cache they csn increase? If so, Samsung should be patching that. Will they be...

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's a simple update and we will get a release shortly? For me the biggest problem is not opening the recent apps launcher but actually clicking a recent app in the launcher.