Is it just me or... does the Note 4 lag?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a bit of lag on mine too and it isn't too bad. I know the update if released will take care of it. I get hiccups with the laptop and my tablets too. Not uncommon......

Posted via the Android Central App

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Its just you......................LAG FREE FROM DAY 1!! Love this BEAST
People who say that their Note 4 doesn't lag either doesn't own a Note 4, have been using TouchWiz for so long it's normal to them, or they've been knighted to fight for the Chaebol's cause. I experienced lag out the box. Still is a great device though.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
People who say that their Note 4 doesn't lag either doesn't own a Note 4, have been using TouchWiz for so long it's normal to them, or they've been knighted to fight for the Chaebol's cause. I experienced lag out the box. Still is a great device though.
I have had 3 nexus devices prior to owning the note 4 so trust me when a tell you, I know what NO Lag look and feels like and the note doesn't or at least my note does not lag. The only thing I've seen is a slight and I mean millisecond delay when swiping over to left from the home screen to bring up Samsung magazine. My recent apps button is now fluid since the tmobile update. No lag scrolling between screens or anywhere else. So yeah, I stand by words that my note 4 is a lag free BEAST!!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Or, they don't experience any lag on their device and the people that do just refuse to believe them.

raybies

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It's not just you... this is my 7th Samsung Android device, and I also have a S5 G906S, which has the same specs... none of them have ever lagged, whereas the Note 4 just stutters constantly.
Made a post about it over on xda "snapdragon-severe-hiccups-stutters"
I've made it better, but it's still not perfect.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I do not like touch wiz and hvnt owned a Samsung device in a few years and that's coming from a guy who owns around 10-15 phones a year.

I seriously don't experience lag on my note 4! I did put my animation to 0.5 almost directly.

I do however find the battery pretty lame! Can get around 5-6h SOT when I'm on wifi. That's kinda low compared to my 10h SOT on the iPhone 6 that I owned.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I do not like touch wiz and hvnt owned a Samsung device in a few years and that's coming from a guy who owns around 10-15 phones a year.

I seriously don't experience lag on my note 4! I did put my animation to 0.5 almost directly.

I do however find the battery pretty lame! Can get around 5-6h SOT when I'm on wifi. That's kinda low compared to my 10h SOT on the iPhone 6 that I owned.

Wow. I get 5-6 SOT on my Note 4 and I think it's awesome. Not as good as my OnePlus One but it's very good for a QHD screen.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
No idea why this thread is so long. TouchWiz has lag, Note 4 has lag, its an accepted fact. Few people posting 'my Note 4 has no lag' doesn't mean anything, there is years of documented history of TW lag, hundreds of youtube videos etc etc.

That being said, my Note 4 has plenty of other pros, this is just something we have to live with. esp those of us with no root.

Markisss88

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No idea why this thread is so long. TouchWiz has lag, Note 4 has lag, its an accepted fact. Few people posting 'my Note 4 has no lag' doesn't mean anything, there is years of documented history of TW lag, hundreds of youtube videos etc etc.

That being said, my Note 4 has plenty of other pros, this is just something we have to live with. esp those of us with no root.

Great way to put it! Although the update helped for me on Verizon - it was pretty bad before the update.

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. i see that most of the people have lag in note 4. i was thinking that the problem could be snapdragon vs exynos. maybe exynos is smoother. or maybe i am totally wrong, just one thing that i was thinking.
i'm interested in buying note 4 because all the features, screen and camera but i'm pretty worried about this lag and stutters. i have a htc m8 and the phone shows no hesitation to open or switch apps. i also like to use stock apps in a phone, launcher, enable all bells and whistles etc to use as manufacturer intended.
Some people say that it has lag, and some don't, and i don't know if the people that says that has no lag are biased just because is theirs device.

how do you measure screen on time in iphone 6? i think you are saying usage time. that is totally different from screen on time.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

It's all perception my friend. TW lag true. But to someone that have not used the note 4 if you talk about lag the only thing that comes to his/her mind will be the galaxy S3 or S4 kind of lag.. But that's not the case here is it. Credit must be given to Samsung for what they've done with TW here. Can it getter better? Damn yeah. Should it get better? Absolutely.
But even the nexus 6 lags here and there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's all perception my friend. TW lag true. But to someone that have not used the note 4 if you talk about lag the only thing that comes to his/her mind will be the galaxy S3 or S4 kind of lag.. But that's not the case here is it. Credit must be given to Samsung for what they've done with TW here. Can it getter better? Damn yeah. Should it get better? Absolutely.
But even the nexus 6 lags here and there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Nexus 6 is even slower at launching apps and rebooting, due to its major encryption slowdowns, and it still has lag as many reviews have said. The TW hatred on Internet has become a 'cool' thing to do and people repeat it without any personal experience or evidence.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6 is even slower at launching apps and rebooting, due to its major encryption slowdowns, and it still has lag as many reviews have said. The TW hatred on Internet has become a 'cool' thing to do and people repeat it without any personal experience or evidence.
Own both phones and the Nexus 6 is still way smoother than the Note 4. Smoother scrolling, faster app switching, able to hold more apps in the RAM, the performance on my Note 4 has gotten better after a hard reset but it's still not in the same level as my Nexus 6.

DBATL

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Note 4 and I upgrade for my Note 3. I do feel that the Note 4 is significantly slower and has a much slower response time than my Note 3. That is the first thing I noticed. Maybe it is the new upgrade of Kit Kat 4.4.4 that I had to do when I first launched the phone.

What is it doing.

I go to my text and it take a quite some time to move around. if I open a text and hit the back button it doesn't respond right away it sits there, so I hit it a few times then all of sudden it does all of the 2 - 3 actions at once. It just doesn't move at "fluidly" that I expected with a much faster processor. At least I would expected it to move as fast as my Note 3.

I am still trying to tweak everything but I didn't have to do as much on my Note 3. For right now I am a little disappointed with the performance but love the features. But I will go through the phone apply different tweaks.

dtny1hk2

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
We shouldn't need to tweak anything. Samsung should have tested it and made sure it works at least as well as the previous two models (Note 3 and S5) out-of-the-box. It is a failure in my opinion. If I could get the Black Friday pricing of the S5 within the first 14 days, I would have switched to S5. Now I am stuck with it for two years.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag ....yet...I was going to install Nova, turn off animations etc etc but I'm waiting until I see a moment of lag, some hiccup or something....if and when I do then I'll make some modifications here and there.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a couple of times when it's frozen up opening up the camera and earlier I went to unlock my phone and text someone but it flashed and then went black and then opened after 10-15 seconds. I've had to restart a couple of times....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89