10-07-2015 02:25 PM
70 123
tools
    Did you put the note 4 in sports mode?

Really what is probably happening here is that the note isn't setting the ISO high for a shutter speed to stop motion, if you put it in sports mode it is telling the phone that you want as high of a shutter speed as possible.

Other option is to use a different camera app that let's you take control of shutter, f-stop and ISO so you can control the outcome youself
    I've tried the Sports mode and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. I LOVE my Note 4 camera but i've yet to get an action shot that was without blur.
    10-27-2014 09:32 AM
    I've tried the Sports mode and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. I LOVE my Note 4 camera but i've yet to get an action shot that was without blur.
    Have you tried burst mode?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-27-2014 09:38 AM
    Have you tried burst mode?

I haven't yet. I've been hesitant to do that because I assume it takes shots in rapid succession? I have a pet peeve with deleting duplicates of things from my phone, and I was afraid i'd end up with crap loads of similar shots. However, if it means getting a crisp shot with no blur, i'll be all over that.
    10-27-2014 09:41 AM
    Sports mode seemed to work just fine for me. This was zoomed in all the way. Unfortunately I was in the upper deck.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-20141025_191832.jpg  
    jerseygirl likes this.
    10-27-2014 02:20 PM
    I haven't yet. I've been hesitant to do that because I assume it takes shots in rapid succession? I have a pet peeve with deleting duplicates of things from my phone, and I was afraid i'd end up with crap loads of similar shots. However, if it means getting a crisp shot with no blur, i'll be all over that.
    Yes it takes lots of images in succession

10-27-2014 02:41 PM
    The iPhone's camera has always been light years better than any camera Samsung has had on their phones so iI never expected that to change. Overall, I still wouldn't trade anything to go back to the boredom of an iPhone.

I totally disagree with this statement. This simply isn't true. I sold phones and have had my hands on every single Iphone except the 6 and I have never been impressed with the cameras. I always thought they were over-hyped and were just good like any top shelf phone camera should be. I had many instances of my Samsung phones taking better pics than Iphones in certain situations, much better detail. The one good camera I thought was actually underated on the iphone was the 1 megapixel front camera, which seem to take extraordinarily clear selfies for such a low resolution. I noticed this particularly on the Iphone 5 when it first came out. The OP's tests and results aren't scientific by any stretch so take them with a grain of salt...
    10-27-2014 02:47 PM
    Sports mode seemed to work just fine for me. This was zoomed in all the way. Unfortunately I was in the upper deck.

That's awesome! I'll have to keep playing around with it. My little girl never sits still so her hand or feet are ALWAYS blurry even on sports shot. But hey, the phone is brand new and the camera always takes a little practice to get used to.
    10-27-2014 03:00 PM
    guys there is nothing wrong with the note 4 camera app! Its just Samsung uses a strange processing algorithm for low light shots. I have taken a few shots last night from my window and took shots early this morning outside; I use the google camera app for android its 100x better in low light than the stock camera app and way better than iphone! I had a iphone 5 before.... The grainy ones are stock Samsung app for note 4, the clear images is from the google camera app and the single dark image is from my iphone 5. THIS BEAST HAS A INSANE CAMERA ITS JUST SAMSUNGS PROCESSING NEEDS AN UPDATE! JUST USE THE GOOGLE CAMERA APP!!!! ITS WAY MORE SIMPLE TO USE AND BEST OF ALL ITS FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-iphone-5-stock-camera-app.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-google-camera-app-2-.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-google-camera-app-3-.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-google-camera-app.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-stock-camera-app-2-.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-stock-camera-app.jpgNote 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-note-4-stock-samsung-app.jpg
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-27-2014 07:40 PM
    This shouldn't be much of a surprise...Samsung smartphone cameras were never good with low light
    10-27-2014 07:51 PM
    This shouldn't be much of a surprise...Samsung smartphone cameras were never good with low light
    yes they do its just samsungs software processing needs work.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-27-2014 08:08 PM
    yes they do its just samsungs software processing needs work.
    This wasn't really about low light and that's it.. It was about low light + movement. Or well I should say.. It under performs in movement. It's okay in still low light if you hold it steady.
    10-27-2014 08:28 PM
    This wasn't really about low light and that's it.. It was about low light + movement. Or well I should say.. It under performs in movement. It's okay in still low light if you hold it steady.
    But what smartphone camera out there does movement in lowlight well? You would a mirrorless or dslr for that.
    10-27-2014 08:40 PM
    But what smartphone camera out there does movement in lowlight well? You would a mirrorless or dslr for that.
    No one is saying one does it best or anything.. He was simply saying the iPhone handled it better in his tests.. He didn't say it did it very well or anything .
    10-27-2014 09:14 PM
    I took some shots of the Note 4 and 6 Plus, in low light and motion. Top are 6 Plus, bottom are Note 4.
    Some people are saying to try the Google camera instead of the stock Samsung because the google camera is closest to an IPhone camera. The people that are also recommending the Google camera are saying that under low light conditions, the camera actually excels the IPhone 6
    dpham00 likes this.
    10-27-2014 10:06 PM
    remember, its not a samasung cam.. its a sony.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:28 PM
    Some people are saying to try the Google camera instead of the stock Samsung because the google camera is closest to an IPhone camera. The people that are also recommending the Google camera are saying that under low light conditions, the camera actually excels the IPhone 6
    Lies I took some low light pics in the club with Google they look washed out compared to regular camera 🎥

10-28-2014 03:56 AM
    We'd need to know what settings the pictures were taken at to see if this was a fair comparison or not. It could very well be a software issue, even a Canon 5Dmk3 can take bad pictures with the wrong settings.

The Sony IMX2410 sensor (ie the camera in the Note 4), is a 1/2" sensor with 16mp. The iSight in the iPhone 6plus is a 1/3" sensor with 8mp. The Note 4's camera should easily out perform the iPhone 6's camera. The dynamic range should be higher, noise should be lower, etc. I'd be willing to bet this is a software issue.
    10-28-2014 04:52 AM
    Thanks I will give it a try

10-28-2014 08:48 AM
    Sammy needs to bring back night mode
    10-28-2014 01:11 PM
    Sammy needs to bring back night mode
    It does have a night mode,it just does it automatically when there is not enough light.if you look at the screen going from a light to dark room you will see the icon pop up in the right hand corner.

10-28-2014 03:34 PM
    I think he is using some wrong camera mode for Galaxy Note 4
    10-29-2014 10:46 AM
    Not sure who all knew this. I just learned of it in a review video this am. If you hold to focus in the camera app, it gives you a lock on focus and exposure. Greatly improves low light from what I've seen. Give it a try and see what you guys think.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    10-29-2014 11:20 AM
    Exposure on the window

Exposure on the wall

Yk Chin and UniQue WerkX like this.
    10-29-2014 11:23 AM
    Thats a big difference

10-30-2014 11:20 PM
    Not sure who all knew this. I just learned of it in a review video this am. If you hold to focus in the camera app, it gives you a lock on focus and exposure. Greatly improves low light from what I've seen. Give it a try and see what you guys think. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...b38223abd4.jpg

Just tried it in my living room on my TV first pic is just taking pic, send I held focus on TV

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-20141031_012323.jpg   Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus Camera : Low light and motion shots-20141031_012328.jpg  
    10-31-2014 12:24 AM
70 123