Mobile data on wifi.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been home all day thinking I was using wifi so going crazy downloading filling up my new phone and then I looked at my mobile data and it says I've use 1.5 gigs today well since 10 this morning

Posted via the Android Central App

How did you determine your daily use? I can't seem to find an app that will do that.

Grayf0x

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Here's how mine looks

I also did some heavy downloading while on WiFi without disabling mobile data. I kept a close eye on the 4G LTE signal the whole time, and did not see any arrows under it. Checking the phone's data usage under the settings menu confirmed this, maybe compare the phone's data usage with your carrier's and make sure there's no large discrepancy? Also make sure you're accounting for any mobile Hotspot activity if used.

BTW, I like your black screen inversion from white, how did you do this?

Raargh Wunderkzin

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a brand new Note 4, that I have not activated, so it can't use Mobile Data. I noticed that the 4GLTE icon is always lit up and the little arrows show activity when I am downloading and uploading (to Google Drive, for example).

So, clearly something is messed up with the Mobile Data icon. Also keep in mind that even when not using mobile data, the phone has to talk to the Verizon mothership, to get the time and other stuff.

Raargh

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So someone mentioned in another post about the app "Caller ID" that messes with the signal. I disabled it and now my 4G LTE is grayed out. Should be using WiFi now!

Thankfully I saw this post. This WiFi and 4g crap was happening to me. I disabled call ID name app from VZW and all better!

Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet