Overall the note 4 gets good speeds, better than the note 3. However there is a spot where it gets very low lte speeds. I get similar speeds in my note 3 as well. For comparison, I took a few iphone 6 plus speed tests at the same time. Both are on Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4Very low lte speed with low signal in densely populated area-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414213442.262275.jpgVery low lte speed with low signal in densely populated area-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414213461.382348.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Very low lte speed with low signal in densely populated area-uploadfromtaptalk1414213226974.jpg   Very low lte speed with low signal in densely populated area-uploadfromtaptalk1414213235928.jpg  
    10-25-2014 01:03 AM
    I tried to take a Speed Test tonight on my Verizon Note 4. Very disappointing. I left AT&T to go back to Verizon for the cheaper plan price and note 4 price. I had better speeds with AT&T on my Note 3. Now I live in a Suburb near O'hare airport outside of Chicago, where XLTE is and I was expecting great speeds. I only got 12 down and 6 up on WiFi and 9 down and 3 up on 4GLTE. So very disappointing. I had -120 dBm last night, but first night I had the phone, but this afternoon had -63 dBm on it, at night back to -93 dBm. This afternoon was better than my ATT Note 3, but the signal at my house is just all over the place. Verizon is advertising the XLTE so much and I'm in an area that has it, so don't understand the results I'm getting being so low. I remember my Verizon Note 2 getting about 2-2 1/2 times that speed.

Now I just did a speed test at 12:30am and it's much better, so not sure how accurate the speed test. net app is. A little happier with the results now. Here is some of my results. Like I said all over the place.

Very low lte speed with low signal in densely populated area-note4speedtest.jpg
    10-25-2014 02:01 AM
    Did you make sure there was nothing downloading/updating/streaming in the background on the Note 4 when you took the speeds?

If you see it happen again, I would try either rebooting or disabling data for a minute and then re-enabling and see if it helps. Sometimes a phone can stay locked on a non-optimal tower.

I live in a densely populated major city and when I had Verizon service, I never got more than 2G speeds here. When I went to a Verizon store several months ago to buy a glass screen protector for my Note 3, the manager there was trying to talk me into switching back to them. I had them do a speed test on their Note 3 and my Tmobile Note 3 and mine was 30 times faster. Verizon doesn't handle dense areas well.
    dpham00 likes this.
    10-25-2014 03:54 AM
    I tried to take a Speed Test tonight on my Verizon Note 4. Very disappointing. I left AT&T to go back to Verizon for the cheaper plan price and note 4 price. I had better speeds with AT&T on my Note 3. Now I live in a Suburb near O'hare airport outside of Chicago, where XLTE is and I was expecting great speeds. I only got 12 down and 6 up on WiFi and 9 down and 3 up on 4GLTE. So very disappointing. I had -120 dBm last night, but first night I had the phone, but this afternoon had -63 dBm on it, at night back to -93 dBm. This afternoon was better than my ATT Note 3, but the signal at my house is just all over the place. Verizon is advertising the XLTE so much and I'm in an area that has it, so don't understand the results I'm getting being so low. I remember my Verizon Note 2 getting about 2-2 1/2 times that speed.

Now I just did a speed test at 12:30am and it's much better, so not sure how accurate the speed test. net app is. A little happier with the results now. Here is some of my results. Like I said all over the place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Note4speedtest.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	143432
    Are you sure that you are on XLTE? Even though xlte is deployed in your area, you might still be on 700MHz.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-25-2014 07:23 AM
    Did you make sure there was nothing downloading/updating/streaming in the background on the Note 4 when you took the speeds?

If you see it happen again, I would try either rebooting or disabling data for a minute and then re-enabling and see if it helps. Sometimes a phone can stay locked on a non-optimal tower.

I live in a densely populated major city and when I had Verizon service, I never got more than 2G speeds here. When I went to a Verizon store several months ago to buy a glass screen protector for my Note 3, the manager there was trying to talk me into switching back to them. I had them do a speed test on their Note 3 and my Tmobile Note 3 and mine was 30 times faster. Verizon doesn't handle dense areas well.
    Yes I have a speed meter in my notification bar and I make sure nothing else is downloading. I also did multiple speed tests. On my note 3, I have tried everything, airplane mode on off, mobile data on off, restart phone, and even factory data reset. Nothing fixed the issue. On my 6 plus, I can see the band and it switches from 700MHz to xlte quickly (in a minute or so) and without having to do anything. My note 3 and Note 4 do not which is disappointing considering that I am at this location very frequently. Unfortunately Verizon doesn't let you see the band on the note 4 stock so I can not say about the band, but my guess is that it is stuck on 700MHz.

10-25-2014 07:43 AM
    I don't know what band it's on? I assumed the phone would get XLTE automatically. Is there a way to see what band it is or to change it to XLTE?

The other thing that bothers me is I did all those tests, maybe 7 or 8 that night and 1 during the day and I'm at almost half my data. I have 1gb data and just the speed tests took it from just under 100mb up to 450 mb, which is half my data plan is just two days. I know I can up the data when I get close, but don't feel like using the app now, because of how much data it's taking.

Also, I'm pissed, because the dbm signal strength is nowhere near what I had on AT&T, it was lower only one time. The rest is what I used to get on Verizon when I was with them before. I guess I can return the phone and go back to AT&T, just sucks that I'd be starting from scratch, because I already sold my Note 3. I'll give it a few days more and see.

Edit: also i checked in Settings/more networks/ it's setup for Global.. Should i change it to LTE/CDMA? It also says LTE under about phone/status.
    10-25-2014 05:34 PM
    That's not bad. At 100mbps5, it runs around 100mb per test

There is no way to tell band on stock. If rooted you can type in *#0011#. Either way should be ok

10-25-2014 07:49 PM
    'taint no big thing. Just let the data flow for a time and do it on Verizon's dime.
    10-25-2014 08:05 PM