Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SoftCard? Do you use it?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: SoftCard? Do you use it?

I used it on the Note 3 Because Google wallet wasn't supported for tap and pay. Google wallet is better.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Google Wallet allows you to use any credit/debit cards and/or bank accounts. Softcard only allows the use of a Chase or Wells Fargo card. Any other brand of card has to be run through an American Express account. And I don't believe they allow bank accounts either. To me Softcard is a miserable fail in comparison to the Google Wallet.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Google Wallet allows you to use any credit/debit cards and/or bank accounts. Softcard only allows the use of a Chase or Wells Fargo card. Any other brand of card has to be run through an American Express account. And I don't believe they allow bank accounts either. To me Softcard is a miserable fail in comparison to the Google Wallet.

I used it on the Note 3 Because Google wallet wasn't supported for tap and pay. Google wallet is better.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

Totally agree with both of these, I used Softcard on my Note 3 because Google Wallet was not supported with Verizon Note 3.

Also had to set up American Express Serve to use with Softcard. It ends up that I really like American Express Serve though. I ended up setting up sub accounts for all 3 of my kids. I can transfer money to their card and they can use it like a credit card or get cash from an ATM. You also get purchase protection when using the card.

American Express also encourages you to set up sub accounts for your baby sitter, lawn service or anyone else you pay on a recurring basis and just transfer payments to them when needed, which I think is a very cool idea.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, because they pay me to. I started a serve account and they gave me $40 on it for free. Starting a few months ago until the end of the year they are giving $1 back for every purchase - that means free snacks and sodas from my work vending machines (yeah I am getting fat!). Also just added a Chase card and got a $20 Amazon gift card for it.

So sure I'll take their free money.

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Folks,

I cannot find a resolution online anywhere for this issue. I have a brand new Sprint Note 4. When I open Google Wallet & try to add a credit card I get an error that pops up on the New Card screen: "Looks like another app is blocking access to Wallet. Turn off any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again". I have disabled any apps that I thought might affect it.
I have seen this error in some old forums for non-Note devices that are on different carriers but no answer for them either. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!