Has anyone done this and how was your experience? By totally skipping S5 was size a big adjustment?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2014 06:48 AM
    Did it, experience has been great so far. The size is an adjustment but don't know that I'd call it a big one.
    10-25-2014 08:04 AM
    Did it, no regrets. Phone isnt nearly as big as I thought it would be when trying to hold it.

It shouldnt be a problem.

Much better phone than the s4 so far
    10-25-2014 08:26 AM
    This would be my first Note if I ended up getting it, I saw one in an at&t and loved the display. Thanks­čść

10-25-2014 08:33 AM
    When i used to have an s3/s4 i thought they were huge until i went and trade my s4 to note 3. I fell inlove with the screen size of the note 3 and i dont think i will ever go back with a smaller screen. Now i love the Note 4 even more.

10-25-2014 08:39 AM
    I went from S4 32GB to Note 4. Mostly an easy adjustment. There is also a little know or discussed feature you can turn on and it lets you swipe your finger on a little sidebar at top left and touch an icon that makes the usabl screen S4-sized temporarily to make things easy to reach. There is a similar feature called 'Reachability' on iPhone 6 and 6+

Also, learn to use Swiftkey keyboard size setting and you can get a compact keyboard over to one side or the other for easy one handed typing or an in between sized one for thumb typing. Very cool!
    10-25-2014 08:43 AM
    I had an S3, then an S4, and now the Note 4. No regrets yet.
    I've only had it one day, and that was working and sleeping, so really only played with it for 6 hours or so, but this is what I have found:
    The good:
    1) It isn't that much larger, I can still hand hold it.
    2) The display is AWESOME.
    3) The S Pen works well with OneNote, my preferred Note taking software. And of course all of the other handy things the pen does, if I remember to pull it and use it.
    4) It feels good in the hand. I hated to put a case on it, but I am.
    5) The display is bright in sunlight. Which is good since I use it as a GPS.
    6) The speaker is louder then my S4.
    7) The camera takes better low light pictures then the S4.

The bad:
    1) I also bought a spare battery. Good thing as I have had to swap them a number of times in the day that I have had it. Hopefully it is just because of the constant on time, and constant app and document loading that I have been doing.
    2) Related to #1. I clipped it to the handlebar on the motorcycle, plugged it into the VERY WEAK charger that charged my S4, and rode for about 15 minutes running the screen on and the GPS app. On the weak charge, in 15 minutes, the power went from 81% down to 78%. Not a good sign.
    3) I got white, since I have always had black or dark colors. Not sure I like the white.

Needless to say, I am concerned about battery life. I have ordered a few 12 volt, 3 amp, chargers. That may/should correct the GPS drain issue. but I need a few more days to find out.
    10-25-2014 09:19 AM
    Thanks guys for all the input! I am getting more and more hype about the phone

10-25-2014 09:26 AM
    I upgraded from the S4 to Note 4. This phone is awesome.
    Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-25-2014 09:37 AM
    Another convert here... Had the S3, then S4, and was waiting for the S6... but wife's Droid 2 finally crapped out on her (LMAO) and she needed a replacement. So... I went with the Note 4 and gave her my S4. So far... pretty happy with it. I was really concerned with the size too, but turns out to not be so bad.
    10-25-2014 10:30 AM
    I also upgraded from the S4. I love this phone. So many features. The size is somewhat bigger, but the width isn't as big as I thought it was going to be. I'm getting used to it real quick. I did have to install Nova launcher prime though. I like touchwiz but the 4x4 icon layout is not enough for this monster screen.

Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-25-2014 12:19 PM
    I went from an S4 to the Note 4 and I have absolutely no regrets. I think the Note 4 is much better than the S4. I highly recommend the upgrade!!
    Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-25-2014 12:28 PM
    I also upgraded from a S4 to the Note 4. The screen is so amazing on the note that its a bummer when I use my old s4 or Nexus 7 (2013). The size is still taking some adjustment but, its not as hard to manage as I thought. I have to say that I miss the nice soft plastic sides.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-26-2014 03:32 AM
    I too upgraded from a s4 to a Note 4. At first I thought the size would be an issue but now I think the size is perfect for me. It's very easy to hold and S4 now looks small in comparison. Really great experience so far.

Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:40 PM
    You'll get use to the size. it takes about a week or so to get use to it.
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:54 PM
    I upgraded from an S3 to the Note 4. I put them side by side in the store and the Note 4 seemed huge. Four days later, the Note 4 seems normal size, almost a little small but I know it's not.

You'll get used to the size quickly.
    10-30-2014 09:02 PM
    S4 convert here as well. Absolutely loving the transition so far. I have enjoyed each successive generation of Galaxy S devices, and finally decided to try the Note series.

Even with its size and a Spigen case I can carry it in my front pockets no problem.
    Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-30-2014 09:24 PM
    Read my sig. End of story.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    Kwame Carver likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:09 PM
    I went from the S4 also and other than the good stuff I don't notice any bad stuff...

Well actually I have very stumpy thumbs so when I try to scroll one handed I cannot haha! Other than that there is no problems and No regrets!
    10-30-2014 11:25 PM