Do you play music/podcasts on your Note 4?

JGill2401

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So I've been following the various threads about battery life for the Note 4. I've noticed that the stats posted by people shows very good battery life, but no usage of Music/Podcast apps. It seems like playing music on the device really drains battery. Do you find that playing music drains battery life quicker? If you do find that to be the case, and you don't play music/podcasts on your phone, what do you use?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have all my music in Google cloud and play all the time. Last week I painted my living room for 8 hours straight streaming music to Bluetooth speaker. I could not come close to killing my battery.. That night, after 16 hours off the charger I was still over 20 percent..

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Im a big podcast listener. I use Pocketcasts to listen. I am subscribed to the shows, so it downloads the shows while in on WiFi at home instead of streaming it in the car or wherever I am. The battery drain hasn't been an issue. It doesn't seem to drain it much at all.
But I think downloading on WiFi first helps. If I was streaming it in my car, obviously the battery would drain faster.

Posted via the Android Central App

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got a 128gb micro sd card and put thousands of songs on it. Speaker is really impressive for just to have 1. Usually hook it up to my nightstand speaker dock using aux cable, great sound. Listen to the occasional podcast or replay some shows on YouTube.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I listen to a lot of podcasts. I have them scheduled to download in the middle of the night on Wifi. I have spent the last three days or so downloading about 60% of my Google play music on my sd card. I don't live in a city and hate trying to Lauren to music with "buffering" issues.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I used Songza the other night for about 2hrs while working at my desk. I did notice some difference between it and the S3 but nothing that made me gasp in shock. Me and this thing are still learning our limits.

Listening to this thing without a speaker is wonderful. My podcasts (BeyondPod) download and I listen to them when I can. With these coming from the card, no noticeable difference in battery drain.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I do all the time. I was listening to Siriusxm all night while moving to my new place and the battery life has held up well. Plus I do listen to podcasts as well.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I never Stream my Music (limited to 6GB) but I do listen to ESPN Podcast (The Herd, PTI, etc.) and still get battery life...on my G3. I haven't had time to really test the Note 4 since I picked her up last night. This weekend for sure. :)

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried power save mode last night night when I went to bed. Didn't notice a huge difference in battery saving but I did notice some of the settings were changed after I got up in the morning. Ultra power saving is awesome though.

I stream a ton of music on and off wifi. Rockin Pandora or Dan Patrick every time I'm in the car and I get great battery life. Today I had over 15 hours on the battery with 6 hours of screen time and still had 23% battery left.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I am going to test it tomorrow.

Using GPS (Google Maps Navigation) however drains the battery very rapidly (like all my previous phones)

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a lot of podcasts. I have them scheduled to download in the middle of the night on Wifi.

Ditto that. I just have it download whenever I'm on WiFi.

I use the Podcast Republic app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've found that Google Play Music, BeyondPod, and Pandora stream without burning up the battery. I've noted great battery life when playing the music just on the device, streaming over Chromecast, and streaming with my Bluetooth speakers.

My prior One M8 burned through its battery when doing any of the above.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I also use sirus /xm quite a bit and have no major battery drain issues.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22