I came over to the Note 4 from an iPhone, and I'm hoping someone can assist me with a contacts list question.

My kids have iPhones and shared my iTunes account with my wife and I. Unfortunately that means that my iPhone imported ALL of their friends' contact info every time my kids added contact info. The end result is that I have hundreds of my kids' contacts that got transferred over to my new device.

Instead of manually deleting this info from my phone, which I'm guessing would take me all weekend, can I plug my Note to my iMac and have my computer see my phone's contact list so I can pare down my contacts from my desktop computer?
    10-25-2014 12:24 PM
    I came over to the Note 4 from an iPhone, and I'm hoping someone can assist me with a contacts list question.

My kids have iPhones and shared my iTunes account with my wife and I. Unfortunately that means that my iPhone imported ALL of their friends' contact info every time my kids added contact info. The end result is that I have hundreds of my kids' contacts that got transferred over to my new device.

Instead of manually deleting this info from my phone, which I'm guessing would take me all weekend, can I plug my Note to my iMac and have my computer see my phone's contact list so I can pare down my contacts from my desktop computer?
    where on your Mac is your "pared down" contact list? in what format/App/cloud?
    10-25-2014 12:46 PM
    My desktop has no contact list. Rather, I'm hoping when I connect my Note to my computer via USB, that I can locate my phone's contact list on the computer.
    10-25-2014 12:49 PM
    My desktop has no contact list. Rather, I'm hoping when I connect my Note to my computer via USB, that I can locate my phone's contact list on the computer.
    so are you saying that your Note 4 currently holds your "pared down" contact list? where does this "pared down" contact list exist?
    10-25-2014 12:52 PM
    The Note has the all-encompassing list that I'm trying to work on. I was just hoping that when I connect my phone to my computer, that the computer will then see the contact list on my phone so that I could then manipulate the contact list on my computer rather than on my 5.7" phone screen.

Maybe what I should be asking is what does my computer see about my Note when I connect it via USB?
    10-25-2014 01:00 PM
    The Note has the all-encompassing list that I'm trying to work on. I was just hoping that when I connect my phone to my computer, that the computer will then see the contact list on my phone so that I could then manipulate the contact list on my computer rather than on my 5.7" phone screen.

Maybe what I should be asking is what does my computer see about my Note when I connect it via USB?
    sync them with your Google Gmail Account Contacts! in fact - they might already be there! check here and let us know -

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts
    10-25-2014 01:02 PM
    I'll give that a shot. Thank you.
    10-25-2014 01:39 PM

You can also use Samsung KIES to manipulate your contacts.
    10-25-2014 10:41 PM
    I ended up having to go about it the long and inefficient way. I exported my phone contacts to a vcf file and emailed it to myself. I opened it up on my desktop and imported everything into my contacts app on my iMac. I then revised the contact list to my liking and imported it into my gmail account. I then went to my phone and changed my contact settings to only pull contacts from my gmail account.

Voila. Two hours of my life I can never get back. Ha ha.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-25-2014 10:58 PM