Hi guys

I have moved from iPhone to a note 4 and loving it!

I was just wondering if anyone has found the touch screen occasionally doesn't respond to their touch and you have to touch it again. On the iPhone it only ever missed a touch if my finger was in the wrong place, but it never happened on the keyboard. Every so often maybe 5/6 times a day I touch a key on the keyboard and nothing happens, when I try again it's fine. I can't reproduce it, because when I tap anywhere on the keyboard something gets pressed. I was just wondering if this was normal?

Hope you are enjoying your phones!!
    10-25-2014 03:39 PM
    No one else experienced this? It happens about once or twice an hour, but is really bugging me
    10-26-2014 02:04 PM
    Hi guys

I have moved from iPhone to a note 4 and loving it!

I was just wondering if anyone has found the touch screen occasionally doesn't respond to their touch and you have to touch it again. On the iPhone it only ever missed a touch if my finger was in the wrong place, but it never happened on the keyboard. Every so often maybe 5/6 times a day I touch a key on the keyboard and nothing happens, when I try again it's fine. I can't reproduce it, because when I tap anywhere on the keyboard something gets pressed. I was just wondering if this was normal?

Hope you are enjoying your phones!!
    This happens to me when I try to answer an incoming call. It takes 4 or 5 tries to get the touch to register. I have had the call go to voice mail a couple of times because the touch wouldn't register. I have the touch sensitivity set to high. Otherwise, no other issues.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4
    10-26-2014 02:23 PM
    Can you list all the recent apps you have installed....the quikpic app has been doing this to some note 4's
    10-26-2014 03:28 PM
    Hp e print
    Chrome reader
    hp print plug in
    Cannon print plug in
    Clean mem
    my galaxy
    I notes
    sync for icloud
    Facebook
    Met office
    adobe reader
    ebay
    amazon kindle
    Talk talk
    ee
    Toxbase
    nice guidance
    medicines uk
    barclaycard
    capital one
    nationwide
    metro bank
    PayPal
    tap wallet
    zedge
    Read for me
    one note
    ibcu
    Uni days
    amazon
    Dropbox - tried uninstalling this
    One drive
    cloud magic
    I tired installing a different launcher and different keyboard but none of these things work
    10-26-2014 05:14 PM
    I have factory reset my phone today and not downloaded any apps, so we will have to see if it fixes it.

As I am typing it has just done it twice, so I guess a factory reset has not helped
    10-27-2014 06:45 AM
    This used to happen on my Galaxy Note 3. I could never figure out why. So far this problem has not manifested itself on my new Note 4. Touchwood.
    10-27-2014 10:41 AM
    You could also use another keyboard since you said it is happening when you're typing. I use SwiftKey and haven't noticed an issue with touch screen response.
    10-27-2014 10:59 AM
    I had an issue like the one you've described. However, my phone didn't register the touch when i tried to unlock. I tried taking the phone out of battery saver mode. That seemed to make all the difference.
    10-27-2014 04:06 PM
    I just switched from the note 3 to the note 4 and I'm similarly having a bunch of touchscreen issues. The keyboard registers the wrong keys. I've never had so much trouble typing! I'm usually a whiz typer. I I tried the Google keyboard, and Samsung keyboard and SwiftKey and I eventually have issues with all three. I disabled power saving mode as someone suggested, and but have noticed a relief from my typing woes. Have people been contacting their carrier or Samsung? The more people contact them, and the more they will look at finding a fix.
    10-29-2014 03:42 PM
    i am having this problem and it is bad. its typing **** i didnt ask it to. it's impossible to type a password. it is destroying me
    10-30-2014 01:18 AM
    It happens to me, it's really hard to unlock the lockscreen, is like a bug in the touch, for example, if I touch in the bottom sometimes it register like i touch the bottom and the middle part, it's like super sensitive, any clue on how to resolve this issue?
    03-04-2015 08:03 PM
    I've had the same issue to a degree. I unlocked a note 4 SM-N910T. Before and afterwards all areas of the screen were working perfectly. I flashed TWRP using Odin, worked fine. Accidentally wiped delvik and formatted sdcard and then rebooted. Since then the touch screen works, but the contact point of my finger doesn't match the needed function. However, the S-Pen works on the screen perfectly for all functions. I've installed the Samsung stock ROM twice to no change for the positive. Seeing that the pen works flawlessly and the finger does not. I'm lost on how to offer a solution or find one to share.
    05-07-2015 09:00 PM
    Same problem here... It either doesn't respond to touch at all or responds to the wrong part of the screen. S-pen works perfectly, though.
    Anyone have any solution for this? Can't send it back, need to find a way to make it work, it's brand new.
    06-18-2015 09:18 PM
    the same, after I flash CWM recovery my screen not respond normal, when I touch take comand somewere down, if you sove the proablem plese tel me
    07-27-2015 02:40 PM