06-08-2015 12:21 PM
31 12
tools
    I went through all kinds of apps trying to get my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn to connect and stay connected with my Note 2; the BT connection was terrible. During an oil change I asked the service department if there was any kind of ROM download that would fix the connectivity problem – and there was. Following the update, not only was the console software updated (and slick), but the Note 2 connected consistently. When I got my Note 4, I un-paired the “old” and paired the “new” and from day-one it has worked flawlessly.

One problem I stumbled upon along the way was that any other BT device pairing I had with my Note 2 (and with the device turned on – even buried deep in my backpack) would interfere with the truck pairing. Read this to mean any BT device that I had previously paired with my phone (ear buds, tablet, laptop…), when BT was enabled on that device (ear buds, tablet, laptop…), would clobber the connection.

The upgraded ROM download to my truck was much needed, but I believe I might have fixed the connectivity problem sooner had I even considered other BT devices of mine messing with the connection.

Long story – short – make sure ALL of your other BT devices have BT disabled before you try to connect with your vehicle.
    12-10-2014 07:00 AM
    I use a Note 4 and drive a 2012 Subaru Impreza and I had this exact problem, but have since managed to find a solution.

In the 2012 Impreza it has a phonebook feature that allows the car to store your phone contacts. At first i ignored this feature but when i was really scraping the bottom of the barrel to fix the auto connect issue i had a look at this bluetooth phonebook. turns out that by connecting the phone to the phonebook it would auto connect the phone hands free.

There was an enable phone book setting in the car, once i enabled this and paired my phone to the car phonebook problem was solved. Now it auto connects every time without fail.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others with a similar problem.
    12-29-2014 04:11 PM
    I was having bluetooth connectivity issues with a wireless earpiece and tried everything to no avail. Finally, a co-worker did a Force Quit on the Bluetooth device and cleared the cache. I tried to pair again and it magically worked! Hope this helps someone.
    05-27-2015 02:47 PM
    These must be device specific issues. I had all kinds of problems with the sync system in my 2012 ford and my Droid X. Since upgrading to the Note 2 and now the Note 4 its really hard to believe I have no issues at all. I have a Gear 1 and an LG bt headset connected to my Note 4. The only problem I run into is if I do not turn the headset off before I get into the car, the sync system will not over ride the headset. I am the one usually looking for an app to make it all work just lucky this time.
    05-27-2015 03:00 PM
    I've found compatibility across cars to be so spotty. My Yaris is perfect with my Note 3 but it will not stay connected with my iPhone, none of them (Tried 4s, 5c, 5s, and 6).

It's really weird because the Chevy Sonic I had as a rental worked better with my iPhone 5s. Meh.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE
    05-27-2015 03:34 PM
    Got the same problem with the S6!
    I had to go back to HTC with M9 to get a full BT auto-connect in my car.
    Though if someone can give a fix I would swap to a Note 4 as I love its screen
    06-08-2015 12:21 PM
31 12