Why can't my Galaxy Note 4 connect automatically through bluetooth?

Almightybigd001

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently switched from Windows Phone to Android with a Galaxy Note 4. I love the phone. The only issue that I have which is really driving me nuts is that the phone will not automatically connect to the bluetooth in my car. I used to have a Palm Pre for 2 years, then a Nokia Lumia 920 for 2 years, both of which connected to the bluetooth with no issues once paired. I have re-paired my phone several times and made it the primary phone in the car. I also downloaded the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app and it still does not auto connect. Every time I get in my car I have to bring down the notification center, select bluetooth, then select my cars bluetooth(which is the only one my phone is paired with) in order for it to connect. Anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions? Also, I did go to the website an make sure the Bluetooth was up to date in my car... still no progress.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Same exact problem here. My Note 3 was ok but now the 4 has issues. I think our stereos cannot deal properly with the new Bluetooth standard. Now Samsung and the car manufacturers will point fingers at each other and we will be left hanging... I'm going to write to Subaru (my car stereo folks) and Samsung and see what happens...

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Not that much of a surprise really. In part the reason why I never trusted the idea of a bluetooth enabled car though I use bluetooth in my car. But having bluetooth as part of the car suggests what....as the standards change you have to change the car or root out the components in it to change them? Never wanted to go down that road. Figured these are standards that would change much faster than my interest in changing the car would.

tallguy5

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well. My S3 never failed to connect to my car, but I've had to pair the Note 4 three times in three days already.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any issues as such today, and I have several bluetooth equipped vehicles, but I have has similar issues in the past. Most in-car Bluetooth solutions have limitations on the amount of paired devices they can hold in memory at any one time. When I had Bluetooth connection issues in the past, I removed (unpaired) all bluetooth devices from the affected unit and re-paired the device I needed. That always solved the issue for me in the past.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issues as such today, and I have several bluetooth equipped vehicles, but I have has similar issues in the past. Most in-car Bluetooth solutions have limitations on the amount of paired devices they can hold in memory at any one time. When I had Bluetooth connection issues in the past, I removed (unpaired) all bluetooth devices from the affected unit and re-paired the device I needed. That always solved the issue for me in the past.
I thought the same thing and deleted my old phone and then added the N4, but no change. :(

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that. Also, my Galaxy Gear 2 Neo works just perfectly with its Bluetooth, just not the car stereo.

Kelly Bucang

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. My note 3 and note 2 does not have any problem connecting/pairing with my car's bluetooth and other devices. I recently got note 4 and it has bluetooth pairing issues. It scan devices but could not pair with them like my mac book, note 3, note 2 and other phone devices although it can pair with my Bose Sound speaker and 3 yr old plantronic bluetooth headset. It's always says "unable to pair, wrong password or wrong pin". I think this issue with my note 4 bluetooth started after the firmware update.
It's frustrating given that it's one of the newest phablet Samsung flagship.

Kelly Bucang

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 4 can scan devices but can not connect/pair, e.g. mac book (OS X Yosemite), car stereo, note 2, note 3 and other phone devices. But I wonder why it connects/ pairs with my 2 yr old Bose Sound Wireless Speaker and 3yr old bluetooth Plantronic Headset with out any problem. The only way I can send file to other phone devices is by the SHARING option. It's frustrating given that Note 4 is newest high end Samsung phablet flagship..

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My headset connects automatically but my car does not.

This app resolved the problem on my Galaxy Note 3. I have yet to try it on Note 4. Hope it works.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en&token=fgST8lve

This app I was gonna post because it was the first thing I though about when using bluetooth in my car. The pain of constantly making sure it connected before leaving. Now I just turn on bluetooth and hop in the car an go and syncs automatically. Even have my upstairs bluetooth stereo hooked up as well. So it searches between and when one is not on or available it goes to the next one.

ptau54

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Haven't had any problems connecting with BT. I have it connected to my car (Acura Tsx), galaxy gear 2, and LG tone headphones. Never had a drop signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Subaru is apparently not fond of Android. If you look at approved devices, they are all Windows and Apple phones. The only Samsung listed the Gusto 3, which I've never heard of. I have a '15 Outback, and it connects fine, but callers cannot understand me. Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown