06-08-2015 01:21 PM
31 12
tools
    I recently switched from Windows Phone to Android with a Galaxy Note 4. I love the phone. The only issue that I have which is really driving me nuts is that the phone will not automatically connect to the bluetooth in my car. I used to have a Palm Pre for 2 years, then a Nokia Lumia 920 for 2 years, both of which connected to the bluetooth with no issues once paired. I have re-paired my phone several times and made it the primary phone in the car. I also downloaded the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app and it still does not auto connect. Every time I get in my car I have to bring down the notification center, select bluetooth, then select my cars bluetooth(which is the only one my phone is paired with) in order for it to connect. Anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions? Also, I did go to the website an make sure the Bluetooth was up to date in my car... still no progress.
    10-25-2014 05:12 PM
    Same exact problem here. My Note 3 was ok but now the 4 has issues. I think our stereos cannot deal properly with the new Bluetooth standard. Now Samsung and the car manufacturers will point fingers at each other and we will be left hanging... I'm going to write to Subaru (my car stereo folks) and Samsung and see what happens...
    10-26-2014 01:50 AM
    Not that much of a surprise really. In part the reason why I never trusted the idea of a bluetooth enabled car though I use bluetooth in my car. But having bluetooth as part of the car suggests what....as the standards change you have to change the car or root out the components in it to change them? Never wanted to go down that road. Figured these are standards that would change much faster than my interest in changing the car would.
    10-26-2014 02:06 AM
    I'm having the same issue as well. My S3 never failed to connect to my car, but I've had to pair the Note 4 three times in three days already.
    10-26-2014 02:28 AM
    I don't have any issues as such today, and I have several bluetooth equipped vehicles, but I have has similar issues in the past. Most in-car Bluetooth solutions have limitations on the amount of paired devices they can hold in memory at any one time. When I had Bluetooth connection issues in the past, I removed (unpaired) all bluetooth devices from the affected unit and re-paired the device I needed. That always solved the issue for me in the past.
    10-26-2014 02:49 AM
    I don't have any issues as such today, and I have several bluetooth equipped vehicles, but I have has similar issues in the past. Most in-car Bluetooth solutions have limitations on the amount of paired devices they can hold in memory at any one time. When I had Bluetooth connection issues in the past, I removed (unpaired) all bluetooth devices from the affected unit and re-paired the device I needed. That always solved the issue for me in the past.
    I thought the same thing and deleted my old phone and then added the N4, but no change.
    10-26-2014 02:52 AM
    My headset connects automatically but my car does not.

This app resolved the problem on my Galaxy Note 3. I have yet to try it on Note 4. Hope it works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oconnect&hl=en
    Mr.Gadget likes this.
    10-26-2014 02:56 AM
    Thanks I'll try that. Also, my Galaxy Gear 2 Neo works just perfectly with its Bluetooth, just not the car stereo.
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-26-2014 03:01 AM

This app resolved the problem on my Galaxy Note 3. I have yet to try it on Note 4. Hope it works.

Fantastic app that resolves the issue where other attempts fail. I have used it and it works!
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-26-2014 03:13 AM
    Thanks I'll try that. Also, my Galaxy Gear 2 Neo works just perfectly with its Bluetooth, just not the car stereo.
    BTW I saw in another thread that you drive a 2013 Subaru Impreza. I drive 2014 Subaru Impreza
    Mr.Gadget likes this.
    10-26-2014 03:53 AM
    My Note 4 connects fine toMy Pioneer BT radio
    10-26-2014 04:10 AM
    Same problem. My note 3 and note 2 does not have any problem connecting/pairing with my car's bluetooth and other devices. I recently got note 4 and it has bluetooth pairing issues. It scan devices but could not pair with them like my mac book, note 3, note 2 and other phone devices although it can pair with my Bose Sound speaker and 3 yr old plantronic bluetooth headset. It's always says "unable to pair, wrong password or wrong pin". I think this issue with my note 4 bluetooth started after the firmware update.
    It's frustrating given that it's one of the newest phablet Samsung flagship.
    10-26-2014 11:22 PM
    My Galaxy Note 4 can scan devices but can not connect/pair, e.g. mac book (OS X Yosemite), car stereo, note 2, note 3 and other phone devices. But I wonder why it connects/ pairs with my 2 yr old Bose Sound Wireless Speaker and 3yr old bluetooth Plantronic Headset with out any problem. The only way I can send file to other phone devices is by the SHARING option. It's frustrating given that Note 4 is newest high end Samsung phablet flagship..
    10-26-2014 11:49 PM

This app I was gonna post because it was the first thing I though about when using bluetooth in my car. The pain of constantly making sure it connected before leaving. Now I just turn on bluetooth and hop in the car an go and syncs automatically. Even have my upstairs bluetooth stereo hooked up as well. So it searches between and when one is not on or available it goes to the next one.
    10-26-2014 11:56 PM
    Having the same issue with my 2012 Sonata and my Note 4. Makes the initial pair and then never pairs again.
    10-29-2014 09:14 PM
    Haven't had any problems connecting with BT. I have it connected to my car (Acura Tsx), galaxy gear 2, and LG tone headphones. Never had a drop signal.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 09:30 PM
    My Galaxy Gear 2 Neo is golden but not my stereo...
    10-29-2014 09:54 PM
    BTW I saw in another thread that you drive a 2013 Subaru Impreza. I drive 2014 Subaru Impreza
    I am having the same issues. Note 3 worked fine. Note 4 not so much. I drive a Subaru as well. 2014 Subaru XV.
    11-01-2014 09:00 PM
    Turned off the Bluetooth on my iPad and then my phone started connecting just fine.
    11-04-2014 03:18 PM
    Subaru is apparently not fond of Android. If you look at approved devices, they are all Windows and Apple phones. The only Samsung listed the Gusto 3, which I've never heard of. I have a '15 Outback, and it connects fine, but callers cannot understand me. Very frustrating.
    11-21-2014 08:22 PM
    No issues on my 2011 Honda Accord.
    11-21-2014 10:45 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Says i'm paired but nothing goes through the bt system. Even when I go to BTensure it's on and select the phone. It says it's paired.
    12-01-2014 11:11 PM
    I had the same issue (Dodge Charger 2012 8.4N) until I unpaired the phone and repaired it. I had to go into security settings and allow bluetooth to connect. There was a popup that kept coming up. It connects now all the time but I don't have all the features I had with my Lumia 920.
    12-01-2014 11:43 PM
    I have a 2012 Subaru Outback PZEV - my Note 4 won't connect with the Bluetooth.
    Says its paired - phone rings - car doesn't. My boyfriends IPhone works.
    I downloaded the "auto connect" app - it's better - but not consistent.
    Often I can hear a call come in throught the car - I try and answer it - caller tells me later it put them directly to voice msg.
    12-02-2014 02:52 PM
    first app mentioned worked for me. My Tivoli one BT stopped auto pairing once I got note4. Not only that, the Tivoli stopped autopairing with any other device. Really. Anyway I have two months time spent with Tivoli with no working radio from them. They have been nice even sending me a new radio tonight but no auto pair. Would seem their software is older than required by note 4 to autopair.?????

Anyway, the above app worked to my absolute surprise. What it does after some messing with options is prioritize which Bluetooth device to turn on and then send out signal to connect to that device. We shall see about battery power this will use but there are settings for how often it does its checking. Went from mad and sad to ecstatic as I rely on auto pairing at work going in and out of office. Even a setting to auto open an app which in my case I set up as Google Play Music.
    12-10-2014 01:15 AM
31 12