Is your case scratching the chamfered aluminum edge on your Note 4?

illregal

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The frame of the note 4 is plastic, that's why cases scratch it. This is easily evidenced when you remove the back or take out the pen. Compare it to pictures of a galaxy alpha. Those "antenna lines" are merely the plastic not coated with the chrome paint, they don't even go through the entire width of the frame, you'd see it through the painted section in the middle.

ksbarry85

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I once saw a YouTube tutorial on using 1500 grit sandpaper to polish the aluminum and it looked amazing. Would anyone here confidently say that this is something we could try? Also, do you think it would look better then the shiny anodized aluminum chassis?

Posted via the Android Central App

insidetech

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Look at some of my up close videos, on YouTube. Insidetech101, there you can see 4 videos that might help you regarding your note 4. T-MOBILE Customers will benefit from the info

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
fd2ccdd5a1bb22b601159012da94d7e6.jpg
solved this issue with a nice looking thin rubber case.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
The frame of the note 4 is plastic, that's why cases scratch it. This is easily evidenced when you remove the back or take out the pen. Compare it to pictures of a galaxy alpha. Those "antenna lines" are merely the plastic not coated with the chrome paint, they don't even go through the entire width of the frame, you'd see it through the painted section in the middle.

Your bloody daft man.

Carved in place by my Note 4.

tl1229

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I think this tape on the edge of the phone. I have the exact thing on my phone in the exact same place.I thought it was a scratch but then noticed there was another 'scracth ' on the other side of the charger port. and 2 on the top of the phone.
The tape is on very tight. I don't ant to scratch it off. will try a q-tip and some water...

wudeguzman

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a Samsung S-View cover for my Note 4 and I think it scratches the chamfered aluminum frame somewhere on the bottom right corner of the phone. I just got it yesterday and this is the 1st time I noticed it

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for making me look :p

I've been using the S View so three sides are always unprotected, and the fourth, most of the time. They all look fine, except for around the charging port. I really shouldn't plug anything into it since I have the spare battery charging kit and another spare battery :( Oh well, they add character...

20141116_160202-cropped.jpg20141116_160209-cropped.jpg

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
68a0ec1267ff38b44b6d4d120a15f9ad.jpg
no scratching with this. I love this one, protects all the edges and phone seems almost naked.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes... I got a Tmobile note 4 an I got plenty of scratches... Is it just the phone or could it be just the Tmobile note 4???! I m so pissed!!

*My Sexy Note 4*

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It's just the phone... It's inevitable unless you luckily found a good case early enough.

Oh well, like someone said, adds character!

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. I used a jewelry cleaning cloth that I use on my expensive silver jewelry and it took most of the scratches out.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. I used a jewelry cleaning cloth that I use on my expensive silver jewelry and it took most of the scratches out.

Was the jewelry cleaning cloth for silver or just any type of jewelry. I'm considering trying this. I noticed a few scratches on mine that I think I got from removing the case.