Dead pixels

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
So I got my Note 4 on Thursday from Best Buy, but today I noticed a dead pixel on it. Upon further inspection, there are about 7 or 8 in various spots on the screen. Now that I know they are there, they stick out like a sore thumb! I'm assuming I just need to swap the phone at Best Buy. Are they good about swapping for dead pixels? Hopefully they have more in stock for me to swap to. Damnit anyways.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So I got my Note 4 on Thursday from Best Buy, but today I noticed a dead pixel on it. Upon further inspection, there are about 7 or 8 in various spots on the screen. Now that I know they are there, they stick out like a sore thumb! I'm assuming I just need to swap the phone at Best Buy. Are they good about swapping for dead pixels? Hopefully they have more in stock for me to swap to. Damnit anyways.

I'm not sure about best buy, but hopefully they swap it out for you. Tmobile stores are the worst about exchanging phones. They made me pay the $50 restocking fee to exchange my s4 with dead pixels for another s4. They said that the dead pixels "don't affect the performance of the phone"... This is kinda unrelated to your best buy exchange lol but it just reminded me of how crappy Tmobile store employees are.

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about best buy, but hopefully they swap it out for you. Tmobile stores are the worst about exchanging phones. They made me pay the $50 restocking fee to exchange my s4 with dead pixels for another s4. They said that the dead pixels "don't affect the performance of the phone"... This is kinda unrelated to your best buy exchange lol but it just reminded me of how crappy Tmobile store employees are.

If they tell me that, they may end up with a dead pixeled phone up their ***! lol.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think my Best Buy would give me a problem, because they were tuned in enough to dead pixels that they were looking for them on my Droid X2 that I was trying to use for the $200 trade in promotion. (Fortunately my old phone was perfect in this regard.) I could always say to them that you wouldn't want to accept my old phone if it had dead pixels; so, why would you expect me to accept a new phone with them.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Are they really dear or just stuck? It's rather rare for amoled to have this problem.

Ask for exchange if yout can.

@T-Mobile GN3

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

You tell them pricks the " The HELL it doesn't! It affects the visual performance of the UHD screen *****!"

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Wow, that's a crappy experience. My local T Mobile store took my One M8 back after a month (free of charge) because I told them the battery was bad. The next One M8 also wasn't so swell with the battery. What I learned is that the M8's battery was terrible compared to my previous G2. Now I'm getting great battery life, with the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Are they really dear or just stuck? It's rather rare for amoled to have this problem.

Ask for exchange if yout can.

@T-Mobile GN3

I thought that too, but I figure I'd rather just swap it out instead of having some possible defects in my screen that could cause issue later. That and if I tried to fix them, my luck is I'd fix most of them and when I try to exchange it, they would say will it's just 1 or 2 dead pixels, and not want to swap it. I'll just leave em all on there for them to see.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought that too, but I figure I'd rather just swap it out instead of having some possible defects in my screen that could cause issue later. That and if I tried to fix them, my luck is I'd fix most of them and when I try to exchange it, they would say will it's just 1 or 2 dead pixels, and not want to swap it. I'll just leave em all on there for them to see.

True, go ahead swap it. It's expensive and 7 stuck or dead pixel are really not acceptable.

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I took it to Best Buy today and they swapped it with another one. They had some black Verizon ones in stock which was nice. The dude was a younger kid and was really good about it, and he said if it was his device he would flip out. Took all of 10 minutes and I was out the door with a new phone and made sure that it had no dead pixels this time.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I took it to Best Buy today and they swapped it with another one. They had some black Verizon ones in stock which was nice. The dude was a younger kid and was really good about it, and he said if it was his device he would flip out. Took all of 10 minutes and I was out the door with a new phone and made sure that it had no dead pixels this time.

Congrats!

@T-Mobile GN3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance