01-31-2017 02:23 PM
145 ... 3456
tools
    Which phone are you coming from? Note 3?
    Yeah note 3. To now a note 4. Thinking of returning note 4 for nexus 6

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 06:32 PM

Yeah I cancelled my order since I was waiting for it to get out of back order anyway. I'm going to go with a Nexus 6. Too many software complaints on this forum, the phone hasn't been out that long. I'll miss the s pen but all those software bugs just put a bad taste in my mouth.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:42 PM

Might be the reason why your not "Blown away", coming from 3 years of Nexus devices it was time for a change, something different. The beauty of android, choices
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:51 PM
    I think I have the solution

Gonna pre-order nexus 6 tomorrow.

Returning the note 4 on Thursday the 30 for either iPhone 5 or 6... But hear me out

My oldest daughter iPhone 4s is in the crapper. My wife has iPhone 5. If wife decides she wants iPhone 6, that's what I'll get on Thursday, use that until nexus 6 comes in. Then I'll give whatever iPhone I got to wife

If wife is happy with iPhone 5, I'll just get iPhone 5 on Thursday, use that until nexus 6 comes in, and give my daughter the iPhone 5

Either way everyone is happy and I get my nexus 6. I think I can stand using an iPhone for a week or so, until the nexus 6 comes out! ๐Ÿ˜…

10-28-2014 07:02 PM
    If that works for you, good plan.
    Since your gonna get the 6, please give us a review of how it compares to the Note 4.
    Although I would not sell my Note 4 at this point, I am curious as to how it compares with the Nexus 6.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-28-2014 07:18 PM
    If that works for you, good plan.
    Since your gonna get the 6, please give us a review of how it compares to the Note 4.
    Although I would not sell my Note 4 at this point, I am curious as to how it compares with the Nexus 6.
    Can do. I think, honestly, just not much change from the note 3 and I am ready for something different. Hopefully the nexus 6 will be different enough, in a good way

10-28-2014 07:59 PM
    Can do. I think, honestly, just not much change from the note 3 and I am ready for something different. Hopefully the nexus 6 will be different enough, in a good way

I bought a used note 3 in August because I've been a nexus guy and was curious to see if the s pen would be useful at work. Sort of the opposite of you.

S pen is huge for me, swappable battery right now is huge for me.

So onward and upward. Sell the note 3 and recoup what I paid, trade a iPhone 3g and a nexus 4 for a note 4.

I can bet when my work flow changes, I'll probably move on from the note. Great thing with Android you can find a device that fits your needs and can change when time comes.
    10-28-2014 08:23 PM
    Thanks for the info on extra batteries. I was curious as to who/how people used them. For me, since I have cases on all my smartphones and, for the most part I can make it through most days on a single charge, I don't carry an extra battery so it became a moot point. However, on power days I do carry a portable battery charger, things like the Astro Slim 2. That seems more versatile to me than a battery in that at least I can use it to also charge other things if I need it to and they are slim enough to leave in your pocket and have it charging your phone at the same time.
    I did the anker thing before the note 3. It was a good solution, but I was still tethered. I can take off case and back panel; and swap batteries in about 2 min v being tethered for much longer. But that's my preference, not saying it's better for all. I prefer the swappable battery right now.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-28-2014 08:26 PM
    I bought a used note 3 in August because I've been a nexus guy and was curious to see if the s pen would be useful at work. Sort of the opposite of you.

S pen is huge for me, swappable battery right now is huge for me.

So onward and upward. Sell the note 3 and recoup what I paid, trade a iPhone 3g and a nexus 4 for a note 4.

I can bet when my work flow changes, I'll probably move on from the note. Great thing with Android you can find a device that fits your needs and can change when time comes.
    Awesome man, yeah if I needed the stylus I'd keep the note 4. . I've used it 3 times in the last week and only to try the different features!

10-28-2014 09:12 PM
    Yeah I cancelled my order since I was waiting for it to get out of back order anyway. I'm going to go with a Nexus 6. Too many software complaints on this forum, the phone hasn't been out that long. I'll miss the s pen but all those software bugs just put a bad taste in my mouth.
    Without seeing a single in depth review you dumped the Note 4 for the Nexus 6 already! Man I sure hope the Nexus is as good as you seem to think its going to be. LOL
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-28-2014 10:04 PM
    Without seeing a single in depth review you dumped the Note 4 for the Nexus 6 already! Man I sure hope the Nexus is as good as you seem to think its going to be. LOL
    Well it can't be worse than the note 4 and all the lag, bloatware from AT&T, and Touchwiz. I watched all the reviews and read all the reviews of the note 4 that gave it generally glowing reviews, but with my own use, it has not lived up to my expectations.

10-28-2014 10:18 PM
    ..lag? I have had the note 2, 3, and now 4... I can say it has been a long time since I have seen lag... Even on a touchwhiz device.. I know.. Call me crazy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 11:51 PM
    Root. Get rid of bloatware. Get rid of touchwiz.

Even if you install an aosp rom. It will be better than getting a nexus 6 as the note has the better hardware.
    10-29-2014 12:18 AM
    ..lag? I have had the note 2, 3, and now 4... I can say it has been a long time since I have seen lag... Even on a touchwhiz device.. I know.. Call me crazy.

Careful you might be called out as a Samsung fanboy because you dont experience the millisecond of lag through out the phone software (except recents app). Although Im with ya that I dont experience any either, apparently we're a minority lol. Everyone comes here reads complaints and convince themselves their phone is rubbish because a select few voice their concerns on a forum where generally people go for help.

10-29-2014 12:44 AM
    Excellent arguments on both sides, the only thing I doubt is - can somebody using the Note 4 find the Nexus 6 too big? Its a few mm wider and taller sure but both are huge phones by any measure, and I think anyone using these will get used to the size very very quickly. I know every time I've upgraded to a bigger phone it was not an issue at all.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-29-2014 01:45 AM
    I'm fighting the same internal battle. My Note 4 comes today to replace my S3 but I can't help but be tempted by what "Pure Android" has to offer. In the end I look at the longevity I got from the S3 (2.5 years) and can't help but think the Nexus might fall short of that. I loved the Moto X and would have chosen that had Sprint not been so myopic; however I just can't see that design scaling to 6". It still feels like I have a small rodent gnawing at my insides when I wonder if I made the right choice but that's just because I need another hobby.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:10 AM
    I'm fighting the same internal battle. My Note 4 comes today to replace my S3 but I can't help but be tempted by what "Pure Android" has to offer. In the end I look at the longevity I got from the S3 (2.5 years) and can't help but think the Nexus might fall short of that. I loved the Moto X and would have chosen that had Sprint not been so myopic; however I just can't see that design scaling to 6". It still feels like I have a small rodent gnawing at my insides when I wonder if I made the right choice but that's just because I need another hobby.
    Lol you sound just like me, especially about the hobby. But hey there are more expensive hobbies out there. Like collecting cars!

Anyways I've made my decision. Gonna pre-order the nexus 6 and return the note 4 to Best buy tomorrow for full refund. . I'm gonna get the iPhone 5 in the meantime until my nexus 6 comes in, so I have something to use. Then I'll give the iPhone 5 to my step daughter since she just started college, and her iPhone 4s is acting stupid lol

Is it just "wrong" that I'll probably pre-order the nexus 6 using my Note 4 to do it? ๐Ÿ˜

Anyways if anyone's interested I'll definitely post my impressions of both phones, since having use both note 4 and nexus 6, and likely start a new thread for that

ttriplett1 likes this.
    10-29-2014 09:23 AM
    But hey there are more expensive hobbies out there. Like collecting cars!
    Been there too!

Is it just "wrong" that I'll probably pre-order the nexus 6 using my Note 4 to do it?
    Honestly, just a little.
    kittenphelia likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:06 AM
    I'm reminded constantly why I went to a nexus after an s3. Samsung has these little annoying bugs in tw! My Note 3 every week or so forgets my wifi networks and passwords. Then I have reenter my stuff. Not a huge deal, just a pain. With the s3, it had to do with third party keyboards. Ugh!

The Nexus 5 had hardware issues like crap battery and camera, but the software is so smooth!
    10-29-2014 04:06 PM
    I don't understand why they add so much crap to phones or at least have the option to completely uninstall apps
    10-29-2014 05:02 PM
    I don't understand why they add so much crap to phones or at least have the option to completely uninstall apps
    Cause if they don't add anything new there's no point in releasing a new one
    10-31-2014 12:05 AM
    Cause if they don't add anything new there's no point in releasing a new one
    I was talking about the extra apps
    10-31-2014 05:34 AM
    Honestly, I'm not sure what all of the heat is on the touch wiz. Coming from the Note 3 and the mediocre G3, the touch wiz isn't as bad as people think, but thats just my opinion and I am on Verizon so maybe other carriers are different performance wise. On top of giving Touch wiz a good week of trial, I switched over to my prized Nova Prime launcher and am even happier than before. My suggestion would be to maybe try out another launcher and see if that helps as well. You arent really losing any special features by doing so.

10-31-2014 05:59 AM
    Honestly, I'm not sure what all of the heat is on the touch wiz. Coming from the Note 3 and the mediocre G3, the touch wiz isn't as bad as people think, but thats just my opinion and I am on Verizon so maybe other carriers are different performance wise. On top of giving Touch wiz a good week of trial, I switched over to my prized Nova Prime launcher and am even happier than before. My suggestion would be to maybe try out another launcher and see if that helps as well. You arent really losing any special features by doing so.

TW use to be terrible. I have a note 3 and now a note 4, and it has been improved a ton with these two phones. Also, these two phones have killer specs and on lesser capable devices, TW maybe bogging the devices down.
    10-31-2014 06:23 AM
    I've actually been surprised how many "bloatware" apps are uninstallable this time around; I guess Sprint is catching on.
    10-31-2014 08:27 AM
145 ... 3456