Note 4 to Nexus 6, am I crazy?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
the nexus 6 also has that turbo charge feature! should help with the non removable battery issue.

Let's say your power goes out. How does the turbo charger help then with the non-removable battery? The removable battery just gives you more options. If the battery dies, your phone needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have until friday to return my note. I plan on keeping it. I highly doubt the nexus 6 will pull me away from the note 4. That being said...if there is a phone that can...it is that phone.

I can sell my note 4 come November and get the nexus 6 for little to no cost. So I am not really concerned.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So this may be my plan :

I have until the 31 of October to return the note 4. . I can pre-order the nexus 6 by the 29, but who knows when I'll get it (maybe Nov 12?)

Maybe I'll return the note 4, buy a super cheap $20-30 no contract phone until I get the nexus 6. That way I still have something for calls and texts

And in the rare case I don't like the nexus 6 I can always sell it and get note 4 back

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
If you elect to go the nexus 6 route let us know how it works out. You never know, I could be missing out on something.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a question: for those that claim they have to have removable batteries, do you actually carry a spare with you? I ask (not in a negative way) because I seriously have not seen anyone carry a spare battery in years. It seems to be one of those "checklist feature requests" that people want to see, but hardly ever use. I use to be one of those people that always wanted a removable battery and I literally never used it because carrying around a spare sucked and/or I always have cases on my phones and I didn't want to go fumbling with everything. So, I'm just curious.

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just a question: for those that claim they have to have removable batteries, do you actually carry a spare with you? I ask (not in a negative way) because I seriously have not seen anyone carry a spare battery in years. It seems to be one of those "checklist feature requests" that people want to see, but hardly ever use. I use to be one of those people that always wanted a removable battery and I literally never used it because carrying around a spare sucked and/or I always have cases on my phones and I didn't want to go fumbling with everything. So, I'm just curious.

I'd be curious as well. I've known a few people that buy extended batteries, but I've literally never met someone that buys a spare and carries it at all times in normal, day to day life. Back in the day when I was in sales and smart phones in general were new I had a few coworkers that would keep a spare in their suit pocket, but that was 7 years ago and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone swap a battery. Back then battery life was a different animal too.

Posted via the Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

It depends. If I'm going to be somewhere away from a charger the entire day and am going to be using the phone a lot (think Disney, out and about in Manhattan, etc.), I'll always carry a spare. Other times I will come home and the battery will be in the 30s or thereabouts, and I'll just pop in the spare to ensure that I don't hit the red zone later in the evening. Most of the time -- and particularly now with this rapidly chargeable battery on the Note 4 -- it's not necessary, though. But it's an extremely convenient option to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I do. First time I saw a need was on vacation when I was away from a charger all day and snapping lots of pics, using gps, reading on the Kindle app, etc.

I do use it a few times a week now. Not everyday, but a couple times a week. It was a huge benefit coming from a nexus 5, and one thing that would make me think twice before going to a phone with non removable battery.

I value this feature above the SD card thing.

But I do love Google version of Android. My Nexus 5, aside from battery and camera, was a real pleasure to use. So, I'm still considering a nexus 6.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
For the Note 3 I had both extended batteries and extra spare batteries. Found it easier to just go stock, or extended batteries.

Carrying extra batteries around may be good in theory, but for me, who always had a case on, it was more hassle to keep opening the back. Plus the battery charger for the spare batteries charged super slow.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am still so torn. I really want to try the nexus 6 but hate giving up the microSD card and removable battery, bec I did initially plan on getting the Zerolemon extended battery when it's released..

Such a tough decision!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I am still so torn. I really want to try the nexus 6 but hate giving up the microSD card and removable battery, bec I did initially plan on getting the Zerolemon extended battery when it's released..

Such a tough decision!

Do you use an extra battery now? Do you need more than 64gb in on board storage now? If you do, then you need those things, if you don't, give it a whirl.

First world problems....

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you use an extra battery now? Do you need more than 64gb in on board storage now? If you do, then you need those things, if you don't, give it a whirl.

First world problems....
I did use extended battery with note 3, but since none is available with the note 4, than I'm not right now, but do plan to, or try them out, when they're released

Alot of the stuff on my 128 gb microSD card I don't really need all the time, like music and games lol

Main thing is I think I'm ready for something new, something not Samsung, and not full of Touchwiz crap

NetHero

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I was tempted to get a spare battery with the Samsung coupon but then this phone's lasting abilities made me change my mind... The battery has been outstanding for me thus far (less than 2 weeks since I got it!)... Everyday, lots of emails, browsing, FB, music, minimal game time... I end up going to bed with the battery still showing around 70% which is a stark contrast to the HTC One X that I was carrying around for more than 2 years. I, for one, not planning on getting a second battery (for the foreseeable future)... Gem of a phone IMHO.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought about getting a N6 for a quick minute earlier but i have just been really enjoying the Note 4 and the Note 4 experience too much. I have my UAG Maverick case on the way, got my extra battery kit and 64 gig sd card. I will still get lollipop on my Nexus 7 but I think it's safe to say im fully vested with the note 4.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I did use extended battery with note 3, but since none is available with the note 4, than I'm not right now, but do plan to, or try them out, when they're released

Alot of the stuff on my 128 gb microSD card I don't really need all the time, like music and games lol

Main thing is I think I'm ready for something new, something not Samsung, and not full of Touchwiz crap

Coming from an s3 to a nexus 4, then 5, and now to a Note 3, I don't mind tw as much as I use to. But the Nexus skin is pretty awesome if you like things simple. Maybe buy a used nexus 5 and test drive it to see how you like it? Actually, just wait and get a Nexus 6 and test drive that. Nothings permanent, you can always come back to a Note 4 later if you want...

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is making great points. I mean, I have replaced almost every app and option with google apps. Doesn't that mean something?

I have a lot to think about. I think I may preorder the nexus 6 tomorrow and see. Maybe I should keep note 4 too, and then compare both. I can always sell the phone I don't like on eBay or swappa

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought about getting a N6 for a quick minute earlier but i have just been really enjoying the Note 4 and the Note 4 experience too much. I have my UAG Maverick case on the way, got my extra battery kit and 64 gig sd card. I will still get lollipop on my Nexus 7 but I think it's safe to say im fully vested with the note 4.
I wished I liked the note 4 as much as you. I really was so psyched to get it and couldn't wait till I picked her up, but have been very disappointed. Maybe not disappointed but not as wowed as I thought I would be

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I wished I liked the note 4 as much as you. I really was so psyched to get it and couldn't wait till I picked her up, but have been very disappointed. Maybe not disappointed but not as wowed as I thought I would be

Which phone are you coming from? Note 3?

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info on extra batteries. I was curious as to who/how people used them. For me, since I have cases on all my smartphones and, for the most part I can make it through most days on a single charge, I don't carry an extra battery so it became a moot point. However, on power days I do carry a portable battery charger, things like the Astro Slim 2. That seems more versatile to me than a battery in that at least I can use it to also charge other things if I need it to and they are slim enough to leave in your pocket and have it charging your phone at the same time.