Note 4 to Nexus 6, am I crazy?

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not sure what all of the heat is on the touch wiz. Coming from the Note 3 and the mediocre G3, the touch wiz isn't as bad as people think, but thats just my opinion and I am on Verizon so maybe other carriers are different performance wise. On top of giving Touch wiz a good week of trial, I switched over to my prized Nova Prime launcher and am even happier than before. My suggestion would be to maybe try out another launcher and see if that helps as well. You arent really losing any special features by doing so.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not sure what all of the heat is on the touch wiz. Coming from the Note 3 and the mediocre G3, the touch wiz isn't as bad as people think, but thats just my opinion and I am on Verizon so maybe other carriers are different performance wise. On top of giving Touch wiz a good week of trial, I switched over to my prized Nova Prime launcher and am even happier than before. My suggestion would be to maybe try out another launcher and see if that helps as well. You arent really losing any special features by doing so.

TW use to be terrible. I have a note 3 and now a note 4, and it has been improved a ton with these two phones. Also, these two phones have killer specs and on lesser capable devices, TW maybe bogging the devices down.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can understand why you'd want to switch. I was contemplating returning my Note 4 for the Nexus 6. But honestly, the Galaxy Note 4 is a much superior device in my opinion. I'm loving the bigger screen than what I'm used too, but I can't imagine trying to handle a 6" display.

Only thing that makes me interested in the Nexus 6 at all is the software and the fact it's made by Motorola. If I could get stock Lollipop on my Note 4, it would be the perfect phone.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Mediocre G3? Really? I just got the G3 and love it. I posted below on a other thread:

I had the note 4 for 14 days and returned it for a full refund. <br />
<br />
Hated Touchwiz. And considering the specs it lagged in certain areas which is just plain sad. <br />
<br />
I really wanted the nexus 6. But being already sold out and not being available till end of November I couldn't wait that long. <br />
<br />
So I decided to try out the LG G3 and boy am I glad I did<br />
Loving this phone. It's 5.5 inch screen but can't tell much difference in Size from the note 4. And both being QHD I think the g3 is just as good as the note 4 <br />
<br />
Main difference is lack of bloatware and Touchwiz, on the g3. So sad bec I know it has the snapdragon 801 vs note 4 805 or something like that but the g3 just feels faster. It hadn't lagged at all, not like the note 4. . Again I blame Touchwiz, for the Note 4 lag. <br />
<br />
To make a long story short, I will no longer go to Samsung phones or Note phones till they greatly improve or just take out Touchwiz. It really is horrible. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk<br/>

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
TW use to be terrible. I have a note 3 and now a note 4, and it has been improved a ton with these two phones. Also, these two phones have killer specs and on lesser capable devices, TW maybe bogging the devices down.
You are completely correct. If I can use a car analogy for a second.

How can a 444 horsepower car get the same 0-60 second time as one that only has like 291 hp? Because the 291 hp car has like 600-700 pounds less of mass to carry around.

Now use it for the Note 4 and Touchwiz, . It may have the fastest processor and newest snapdragon but it's loaded with Touchwiz, . How else can you explain the lag when pushing the recent apps button? Some people have written here that is barely noticeable and we're being nitpicking. But I don't think I am. . It is very noticeable and on such a flagship devices such lag should not even exist, let alone be so damn noticeable

Why I think or at least it appears the g3 is faster than the he note 4. My g3 rarely lags if at all. And I have basically the exact same apps installed on both phones.

I have sworn off all Samsung phones.

Reggie T

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Mediocre G3? Really? I just got the G3 and love it. I posted below on a other thread:

I had the note 4 for 14 days and returned it for a full refund. <br />
<br />
Hated Touchwiz. And considering the specs it lagged in certain areas which is just plain sad. <br />
<br />
I really wanted the nexus 6. But being already sold out and not being available till end of November I couldn't wait that long. <br />
<br />
So I decided to try out the LG G3 and boy am I glad I did<br />
Loving this phone. It's 5.5 inch screen but can't tell much difference in Size from the note 4. And both being QHD I think the g3 is just as good as the note 4 <br />
<br />
Main difference is lack of bloatware and Touchwiz, on the g3. So sad bec I know it has the snapdragon 801 vs note 4 805 or something like that but the g3 just feels faster. It hadn't lagged at all, not like the note 4. . Again I blame Touchwiz, for the Note 4 lag. <br />
<br />
To make a long story short, I will no longer go to Samsung phones or Note phones till they greatly improve or just take out Touchwiz. It really is horrible. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk<br/>

I have both and the Note 4 and Nexus 6 will be better phones than the G3.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have both and the Note 4 and Nexus 6 will be better phones than the G3.
I had both too and have to disagree a
, at least with the note 4. Unless you root the note 4, disable alot of Touchwiz or install a custom ROM, I think the g3 is an overall better phone. Unless use the stylus alot, which I didn't

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a question: for those that claim they have to have removable batteries, do you actually carry a spare with you? I ask (not in a negative way) because I seriously have not seen anyone carry a spare battery in years. It seems to be one of those "checklist feature requests" that people want to see, but hardly ever use. I use to be one of those people that always wanted a removable battery and I literally never used it because carrying around a spare sucked and/or I always have cases on my phones and I didn't want to go fumbling with everything. So, I'm just curious.

No, I don't. I do put a battery bank in my bag if I'm going to be away from a charger for a long time though.

The big plus for a removable battery IMO is that in 12 - 18 months when the battery is starting to degrade it can easily be replaced. I think the smartphone market has matured now and I don't expect to be upgrading every 2 years anymore so a removable battery was a big part of my decision to go with a Note 4.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had both too and have to disagree a
, at least with the note 4. Unless you root the note 4, disable alot of Touchwiz or install a custom ROM, I think the g3 is an overall better phone. Unless use the stylus alot, which I didn't

I had a G3 before the Note but took it back. It's a very nice phone but the battery life sucked in my experience. My Note lasts almost twice as long.
I know you can just swap out the battery, but it's not ideal. I'd much rather the phone just last a whole day of normal use. It's even the first phone that I've owned where using the GPS to track a 60 minute run doesn't use a up significant chunk of battery which is an unexpected (and significant) bonus.
The Note also seems to get better reception by between 1 and 2 bars - which may partially explain the battery performance.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It is crazy how this phone lags a bit. When I use the recent apps key, there is a huge amount of lag. It feels laggy-er than my Note 3. But, there are always compromises to be made, overall still a great phone. But if the S pen wasn't my top priority, I'd have something else. I got to play with the new Droid over the weekend, it was smoother and faster than my note 4

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It is crazy how this phone lags a bit. When I use the recent apps key, there is a huge amount of lag. It feels laggy-er than my Note 3. But, there are always compromises to be made, overall still a great phone. But if the S pen wasn't my top priority, I'd have something else. I got to play with the new Droid over the weekend, it was smoother and faster than my note 4
I agree completely. Since I hardly ever use the S pen it was an easy decision. I returned the note 4 during my 14 day period at best buy and got the LG G3, and so far Loving the g3. No lag, and although specs weaker, I haven't experienced any lag

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree completely. Since I hardly ever use the S pen it was an easy decision. I returned the note 4 during my 14 day period at best buy and got the LG G3, and so far Loving the g3. No lag, and although specs weaker, I haven't experienced any lag

Ive noticed you've stated how many times you love the g3 vs the note4...are you trying to justify your purchase by posting in the note 4 forum? Likewise I haven't experienced any lag on my note 4 besides the recents app which i expect to be updated to fix.

But seriously ive read your posts in a different thread stating you returned your note 4 within thr 14 day window and love it due to weaker specs yet no lag....

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Let's say your power goes out. How does the turbo charger help then with the non-removable battery? The removable battery just gives you more options. If the battery dies, your phone needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

not saying it is the fix for a non removable battery. just saying its something that will help. i know i would welcome turbo charging on my phone.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Help what ? You still can't carry 2 or replace should it die and it will with turbo charging

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

help with keeping your phone charged? no you still can change the battery, but the fact that you can charge it fast that other batters is a helpful feature. id say 50% of the time when i swapped batteries in other phones, i do so only because it would be quicker to put a fully charged battery in then charge the dying one in the phone, but that changes with turbo charging.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
help with keeping your phone charged? no you still can change the battery, but the fact that you can charge it fast that other batters is a helpful feature. id say 50% of the time when i swapped batteries in other phones, i do so only because it would be quicker to put a fully charged battery in then charge the dying one in the phone, but that changes with turbo charging.

I'll still take 2 batteries ....,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007