Upgraded from an N2 and it looks like I've lost the ability to set different sms tones for different contacts. I can't find the seeing in Contacts (I see the individual seeing for ringtone) and I don't see it in the default messaging app either (which I used on my N2). I read about people liking Textra and Chomp, but I can't find individualized settings in either of them either. I downloaded Go,and I think that it can do it. I'd just assume use the default messenger if I can.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2014 02:00 PM
    When you open a contact, tap the edit button, scroll down to the bottom of the contact info and you should see an add another field button, tap that and select message tone. Then you can personalize the message tone to that contact. On AT&T other carriers may vary.
    10-26-2014 02:12 PM
    When you open a contact, tap the edit button, scroll down to the bottom of the contact info and you should see an add another field button, tap that and select message tone. Then you can personalize the message tone to that contact. On AT&T other carriers may vary.
    Thanks. And feeling a little dumb. I saw that on Contacts, but thought that was for adding custom fields, not something standard like text tone that would work with the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2014 02:27 PM