11-12-2014 01:29 AM
75 123
tools
    Thats why they call them low info crowd.
    10-26-2014 10:36 PM
    One guy even saw me using the S Pen and said, Oh, where'd you get that stylus for your iPhone?
    I would have just stared at him repeatedly blinking my eyes not saying a word or moving until he felt uncomfortable and left. Lol

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!
    Smply_Rcklss likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:39 PM
    I would have just stared at him repeatedly blinking my eyes not saying a word or moving until he felt uncomfortable and left. Lol

My friend who was nearby heard this guy ask and she started cracking up. She said, You should've seen the look you gave him - I thought you were going to self-combust!
    areyes163 likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:43 PM
    Excellent lol

10-26-2014 10:44 PM
    It's not unreasonable to ask if it's an iPhone... After all, in the U.S., the iPhone is the most popular smartphone line by a large margin. It would have been more strange if someone came up to you and said, "Oooh, is that an Oppo??"
    10-26-2014 10:51 PM
    It's not unreasonable to ask if it's an iPhone... After all, in the U.S., the iPhone is the most popular smartphone line by a large margin. It would have been more strange if someone came up to you and said, "Oooh, is that an Oppo??"
    doesn't the android market share in America show that they've overtaken apple by now? I see more samsung phones than I do apple now, thank god.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
    10-26-2014 11:40 PM
    I'm tempted to walk into an Apple store, point at an iPhone 6+ and ask if it's the Note. When they say no then I'd ask where do they sell real phones.
    10-26-2014 11:54 PM
    Your CVS still allows NFC payments? Lucky you.

And no to the original question. They knew it was the note 4 right away. But she was using the note 3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ya I went into a CVS today and wallet didn't work. Always had before but not now. Then I remembered that they aren't accepting them right now or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    10-27-2014 12:06 AM
    doesn't the android market share in America show that they've overtaken apple by now? I see more samsung phones than I do apple now, thank god.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
    Yes, Android market share is greater than Apple market share. But when you take a look at those numbers, you have to remember that Apple is the only company selling iPhones, and Android phones are being sold by a dozen different manufacturers. So if you compare Apple directly to Samsung (in the United States), Apple is trouncing them, and the gap is going to widen based on iPhone sales this quarter.

The only phones I ever see these days are Apple or Samsung. The people that I know personally (except for myself and my dad) all have iPhones.
    10-27-2014 12:25 AM
    The note 4 is awesome
    10-27-2014 01:18 AM
    Just urks me that they do that and then proceed to say does it have imessage... I'm like Google hangouts is a bit better BC of cross platform and my job now uses it for communication
    10-27-2014 01:30 AM
    Nobody shall mistake my note 4 for an iPhone . or I'll befriend them
    10-27-2014 01:34 AM
    It's funny how people really do assume and/or don't notice anything until Apple does it. As if large screen phones haven't been around for years they now assume any large phone is an iPhone.
    10-27-2014 03:08 AM
    I'm tempted to walk into an Apple store, point at an iPhone 6+ and ask if it's the Note. When they say no then I'd ask where do they sell real phones.
    Lmfao!!! That was funny, when do you want to do this??
    10-27-2014 05:41 AM
    No, because of CurrentC.
    That's true to an extent, but it's all of the hoopla and hype surrounding Apple Pay that compelled CVS (which along with Best Buy, Walmart, and others is a member of the merchant consortium behind Current C) to stop accepting mobile payments. Obviously, they are afraid widespread adoption of Apple Pay would jeopardize the decidedly inferior Current C, which isn't even scheduled to roll out until next year. If Apple hadn't come out with Apple Pay, we Google Wallet users could have continued on our merry ways.

So three years after they both debut, Apple copies our beloved Note and Google Wallet, f-ing things up for us. Thanks, Apple!
    10-27-2014 06:51 AM
    Someone should totally do a YouTube video along these lines. Ask if it's the Note, then when they say no, pick up the display model and ask how you pull out the pen. When they say there is no pen, then ask them to show you how the "two windows on the screen at once" thing works. Then ask how to resize app windows. Etc., etc.
    jerseygirl likes this.
    10-27-2014 06:56 AM
    I work in IT and I've noticed the only people that have iPhones are the people that don't really have an IT background. The rest typically have Android and mostly Samsungs. The tools available to me on the Android platform blow iOS away. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is very frustration free, but considering I work in an industry where I'm required to know more than the average computer user, I have no problem with Android. Below is an app I found that I don't think is available on iTunes.

10-27-2014 07:11 AM
    Some asked me once if my old Blackberry Z30 was an iphone.

They're dead now.
    10-27-2014 08:46 AM
    I work in IT and I've noticed the only people that have iPhones are the people that don't really have an IT background. The rest typically have Android and mostly Samsungs. The tools available to me on the Android platform blow iOS away. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is very frustration free, but considering I work in an industry where I'm required to know more than the average computer user, I have no problem with Android.
    It's perfectly fine to prefer Android over iOS and think that it's a better fit for you. And that goes for everyone else. And any comparisons between the two platforms themselves are perfectly valid. But when you start getting into the area of presuming that Android users are more knowledgeable, or more technical, I have a problem. I think that assessments like that are way off base. It's the equivalent of Apple users who say that the only people who use Android phones are people who "can't afford to buy an iPhone".
    21stNow likes this.
    10-27-2014 09:10 AM
    It's perfectly fine to prefer Android over iOS and think that it's a better fit for you. And that goes for everyone else. And any comparisons between the two platforms themselves are perfectly valid. But when you start getting into the area of presuming that Android users are more knowledgeable, or more technical, I have a problem. I think that assessments like that are way off base. It's the equivalent of Apple users who say that the only people who use Android phones are people who "can't afford to buy an iPhone".
    He wasn't presuming anything. He said from his experience (from his day to day interactions) he notices more IT related colleagues with Android whereas the non "tech junkies" have iPhones. He simply is stating what he goes through everyday.

I agree that most non-techies will nab an iPhone. Is this 100% true all the time? Of course not .. nothing is 100% in life except death and taxes ... But I would have to agree with this statement as well. I have recommended iPhone plenty to my non-techies friends and they love it.. they can just use it and as TXGTOU said it is frustration free for them.
    10-27-2014 10:32 AM
    No one has mistaken my HTC One to an iPhone 6 yet. I don't know if this will ever happen.
    10-27-2014 10:34 AM
    Yes. When I was using Google Wallet to pay at CVS. I promptly corrected them
    That won't happen again, CVS and Rite Aid quit taking tap to pay.
    10-27-2014 10:35 AM
    Not sure how anyone can mix up the two... Even at a quick glance, Samsung clearly days Samsung on the front and the home button is different. I use the Samsung protective case so there is Samsung on the back too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    saiyyasuka pon likes this.
    10-27-2014 10:41 AM
    U should've asked em, "does it look bent to you?" #bendgate
    10-27-2014 02:43 PM
    Not sure how anyone can mix up the two... Even at a quick glance, Samsung clearly days Samsung on the front and the home button is different. I use the Samsung protective case so there is Samsung on the back too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Some people who are really not into phones don't understand that Samsung doesn't make iPhones. To them, all phones with big touchscreens are iPhones.
    jerseygirl and jayochs like this.
    10-27-2014 02:57 PM
75 123