01-16-2015 10:49 AM
98 1234
tools
    2) I have been using it outdoors, and the goofy display auto brightness goes into the odd overly bright mode that looks horrible and SUCKS battery.
    use a primarily black wallpaper and use apps with dark theme, it helps with battery life.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:24 PM
    your battery life is like mine.. and you're having the same issue of android system taking up more battery than the screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
    System takes up the most if you really aren't using the phone... it is normal
    10-26-2014 07:41 PM
    System takes up the most if you really aren't using the phone... it is normal
    but i can have 4 hours screen on time and it'll still be below android system lol

10-26-2014 07:45 PM
    use a primarily black wallpaper and use apps with dark theme, it helps with battery life.
    I did put my GPS into night mode for that reason. It kept the battery alive, but I lose map detail.
    10-26-2014 07:45 PM
    I did put my GPS into night mode for that reason. It kept the battery alive, but I lose map detail.
    here is another suggestion, try install HERE map, download map for offline use, then you can use GPS w/o any network connection.

Internet data traffic is the single biggest battery sucker known, by using it as offline navigation, the battery will surely be improved significantly.
    10-26-2014 07:52 PM
    here is another suggestion, try install HERE map, download map for offline use, then you can use GPS w/o any network connection.

Internet data traffic is the single biggest battery sucker known, by using it as offline navigation, the battery will surely be improved significantly.
    I use OSMAND or CoPilot, both are offline maps.
    10-26-2014 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. But it is frustrating that for some of us to get good battery life we have to disable a lot of features. "Turn these things off and your battery will improve." That's like saying "Don't drive your car and you'll retain more gas." I am @ 30% battery and have 2.5 hours of on screen time. Main reason I bought this phone was for the supposed great battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jayochs likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:58 PM
    well here's my question..you guys with this amazing battery life, are you turning off sync and data when not in use?
    No. I leave Sync and both 4G and WiFi on all the time. I'm not sure why I get such good battery life. I don't believe I've done anything special. I've not gone to any special lengths at all. I don't think.
    10-26-2014 07:59 PM
    I tried downloading Here this afternoon. After downloading, I can't get it to install. I can get the "Cancel" button to respond, but not the "Install" button. And... I have "Unknown Source" checked in Security settings. Tried a number of times. Even restarted a bunch just to see if that was the problem. Hmmmm...
    10-26-2014 08:02 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. But it is frustrating that for some of us to get good battery life we have to disable a lot of features. "Turn these things off and your battery will improve." That's like saying "Don't drive your car and you'll retain more gas." I am @ 30% battery and have 2.5 hours of on screen time. Main reason I bought this phone was for the supposed great battery.
    If you do indeed need to be connected all the time, being notified when every email comes through, there is literally no phone can satisfy. Note actually has a big advantage in this case, in that you can buy an extra spare battery, OR a bigger extended battery.

There is zerolemon 10000mAh for Note 3, I imagine there will be one for Note 4 soon as well.

I tried downloading Here this afternoon. After downloading, I can't get it to install. I can get the "Cancel" button to respond, but not the "Install" button. And... I have "Unknown Source" checked in Security settings. Tried a number of times. Even restarted a bunch just to see if that was the problem. Hmmmm...
    mmm, try installing it from galaxy store?
    nytmare likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:18 PM
    I'm coming from an S3 so the battery on the note 4 is amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2014 08:42 PM
    bah. here's mine today. posted the android system screen shot too... can we compare that? cuz it's still killing my battery. almost 2 hours of cpu usage? cmon. no.

10-26-2014 08:47 PM
    I'm losing battery much quicker today and I haven't done anything different. This time yesterday I was on 56%. Today I'm on 26% now. Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 08:51 PM
    esxcuse my language, but that's god damn insane. HOW. JUST, HOW. and how is your android system usage so much lower? i simply don't understand why there's a certain few of us who have android system being a HOG and eating up battery while others are fine. it has to be something with the google accounts, maybe.
    Not exactly sure. I didn't do any weird charging rituals or turning off data. I disabled the Verizon apps for the most part, turned off syncing to photos, Facebook, Twitter and stopped Google+. Also, wifi scanning is off. If I can think of any more later, I'll let you know. Nothing extreme, though. I set up each app manually, not batch install, so I only installed the ones I was using and checked the settings on any of them that wanted location or sync.

10-26-2014 08:56 PM
    Not exactly sure. I didn't do any weird charging rituals or turning off data. I disabled the Verizon apps for the most part, turned off syncing to photos, Facebook, Twitter and stopped Google+. Also, wifi scanning is off. If I can think of any more later, I'll let you know. Nothing extreme, though. I set up each app manually, not batch install, so I only installed the ones I was using and checked the settings on any of them that wanted location or sync.

I've done pretty much everything exactly the same as you. ugh. don't get it at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 09:07 PM
    Ok, here's mine...

Only special thing I do is to keep the power saving option on (including grey scale) unless I am doing something that I need or want full color and screen performance for. Everything is set up to sync automatically. Notifications are set for push when that's available.
    ecs180 likes this.
    10-26-2014 09:24 PM
    mmm, try installing it from galaxy store?
    Worked like a charm! Thanks... didn't know it was there.
    10-26-2014 09:31 PM
    esxcuse my language, but that's god damn insane. HOW. JUST, HOW. and how is your android system usage so much lower? i simply don't understand why there's a certain few of us who have android system being a HOG and eating up battery while others are fine. it has to be something with the google accounts, maybe.
    jayochs, download wakelock detector. It will tell you what part of the Android System is taking up battery. It helped me a lot on my Android devices.
    10-26-2014 09:45 PM
    jayochs, download wakelock detector. It will tell you what part of the Android System is taking up battery. It helped me a lot on my Android devices.
    Wakelock needs root in kitkat
    10-26-2014 10:03 PM
    I get much better battery life when I turn location off.
    10-26-2014 10:16 PM
    Turn your radios off (Airplane mode) when you are in low signal areas and without wifi. This drains my battery the most, even more than the display, as your phone is constantly pinging to find a signal as well as trying do its normal syncing functions very inefficiently.

Low signal (without clear Wifi to compensate) will kill any battery. Considering its capacity and how power efficient the Note 4 is, if you were on a phone with less efficiency/capacity, your runtime would probably be even less given same usage patterns/environment.
    10-26-2014 10:45 PM
    Here is mine
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414378387654.jpg   Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414378398680.jpg  
    10-26-2014 10:53 PM
    Battery is much improved over my note 3 using the same apps. I'm averaging around 7 hours screen on time this weekend. Granted I've been on Wifi, but still that's way better then my note 3.
    10-26-2014 11:19 PM
    It is great that you getting still 45% at 11 PM. Could you post you on screen time?
    10-27-2014 12:19 AM
    Doing pretty good. Much better than my S4.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414383803567.jpg   Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414383813025.jpg  
    10-27-2014 12:23 AM
98 1234