01-16-2015 09:49 AM
98 1234
tools
    Your battery stats is amazing. Are you on mostly WiFi or 4G LTE? Are you synching all the time? Do you turn certain apps off? What apps are you running and not running? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    Greg
    10-26-2014 11:32 PM
    I was thinking of starting a new thread because In had something unusual happen. I got the phone with a charge of somewhere around 50% to 70% and I charged it up before I used it. With the Battery at 100% I turned it on and familiarized myself with the new features and was happy to see the battery was a lot bigger than my Note 3 but I could see the charge dropping by a percent or two every few minutes. When it dropped to about 50% I plugged it in again and the battery seemed to last forever. I was even able to watch a movie on Netflix while in a doctors waiting room and the battery did not use very much of its charge. Maybe it took more than one charge cycle to get the battery up to max. But I went from dissapointed to very happy and probably will not consider getting a spare battery
    10-27-2014 12:12 AM
    Wakelock needs root in kitkat
    Really? Damn. Well there goes a useful tool.
    10-27-2014 02:38 AM
    I have always been a power user. Battery life has never been good on any of my devices because of the way I use them. I have too many accounts set to sync (gmail, fb, twitter, exchange, etc). And whenever I use GPS navigation, battery sinks like a brick.

I am not worried about battery. I keep a charger and spare battery / charging pod with myself almost all the time.
    10-27-2014 05:48 AM
    oh good.. for some reason today now google services has a ridiculous wake lock for no apparent reason lol.

do any of you guys just watch your percentage drop pretty much anytime you turn the screen on and start using it? I do. like never fails, everytime i pick it up, turn screen on and use for maybe a minute, percentage just drops. making me paranoid. I should really turn off the percentage in the status bar but meh.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
    10-27-2014 07:08 AM
    I was even able to watch a movie on Netflix while in a doctors waiting room and the battery did not use very much of its charge.
    Surprisingly, netflix video does not have the highest battery consumption rate on amoled devices. In fact, streaming video over wifi has one of the lowest battery consumption rate, due to the fact the screen is primarily dark and dynamic.

Webpage consumes most battery when screen is on, because most webpage background is white (you can fix this by using firefox and addon that turns background to black).

Of course, there is massive background data transfer that eats up huge chunk of battery, but thats another topic.
    10-27-2014 07:14 AM
    Battery life is much improved over the note 3. I started at 97%.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414414441762.jpg   Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414414450863.jpg   Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414414457994.jpg  
    10-27-2014 07:54 AM
    Really great here. A bit better than the Note 3.

At the end of the day (6AM-9PM) I have 30-40% left depending on usage. I have two Google accounts, one Exchange set to PUSH, and the usual assortment of apps. I also stream Google Play to the car an hour or two a day as well. Figure about an hours of phone calls.
    10-27-2014 08:09 AM
    Really happy with battery life so far.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-27-2014 08:26 AM
    I think my battery is about 6 or 7 times better than Note 3 post KK. Note 3 post KK I'd be at 85 an hour after leaving the house. Now after my 5 mile walk I am still at 96 or 97%. Maybe a bit better than Note 3 Pre KK. NO updates on my Note 4 unless I know they work and don't cause problems.
    10-27-2014 08:29 AM
    I've had my phone since the 22nd and so far with the exception of the honeymoon 24 hour period where I was playing with it and getting it set up to my liking, my battery life hasn't dropped below 50% after a full day without charging. I am not a power user - I listen to my music on my phone all day and I draw every now and again with the s pen. I don't have unlimited data, so I rarely use my phone to stream music or video - My 4G only gets used for skype and navigation on occasion. My phone for a good majority of the time, but there are instances, like when I'm using duolingo on my phone that I'm actively using it for expended periods. I have S Health running at all times, because I like being reminded to get up and walk around throughout the day; that doesn't seem to be affecting my battery life much. Even if it is, I find it worth the cost.

I plan on putting some emulated games on my phone, but I don't expect to be able to play games for long periods without a charger nearby. Jury is out on how much that will affect the battery life

I use power saving mode while I'm out and turn it off when I'm in the house. I usually charge my phone to 100 before bed and leave it on ultra power saver overnight so I can use it as a clock near my bed.

That's my usage, and I'm very happy with it - My only point of comparison is my S4, which I was also happy with. I feel like this battery lasts at least as long and charges at least 2x faster. Pretty impressive considering the screen must pull way more power for it's size.

I am sure I could do more to extend the battery life too, but I don't need to with my usage so far.
    10-27-2014 09:59 AM
    oh good.. for some reason today now google services has a ridiculous wake lock for no apparent reason lol.

do any of you guys just watch your percentage drop pretty much anytime you turn the screen on and start using it? I do. like never fails, everytime i pick it up, turn screen on and use for maybe a minute, percentage just drops. making me paranoid. I should really turn off the percentage in the status bar but meh.
    One thing I do on all my phones is turn off showing the battery percentage. Otherwise you'll become obsessed with it and constantly turn your phone on to see what it is, which in turn uses battery. It's a vicious cycle.

I followed this thread for a little bit, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. Did you try a factory reset? The first thing I do when I walk out of a Verizon store, or get a phone in the mail is a factory data reset. Seems to do the trick each time.

Maybe you have a bad battery/phone too. Swap it while still in the 14 days and you'll get a new one; after 14 days you get a CPO.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-27-2014 03:51 PM
    One thing I do on all my phones is turn off showing the battery percentage. Otherwise you'll become obsessed with it and constantly turn your phone on to see what it is, which in turn uses battery. It's a vicious cycle.

I followed this thread for a little bit, so sorry if this has been mentioned before. Did you try a factory reset? The first thing I do when I walk out of a Verizon store, or get a phone in the mail is a factory data reset. Seems to do the trick each time.

Maybe you have a bad battery/phone too. Swap it while still in the 14 days and you'll get a new one; after 14 days you get a CPO.
    nah, i'm not going to swap it out, my phones perfect. i've dealt with swapping phones and for once in my life i just want a phone that's perfect right away, and my note is.

it's not a bad phone; everyone always jumped to that conclusion when i spoke of battery life on every phone i've had..so i highly doubt every phone i bought intthe past 4 years was bad, ya know? it's just my usage i suppose. either way, the g2 was just a battery beast though, and with a lower resolution screen, it would hold a charge forever. today my usage is a bit better, more along the lines of what my G2 would get (not the best, but the middle of the road battery id get with the G2).

i haven't done a factory reset yet though, but that's a good idea. i'll keep that in mind! i just have everything setup now so im gonna enjoy using it before i mess with it again lol
    10-27-2014 05:05 PM
    today I'm doing well. 14 hours 40 minutes off charger, 51 percent battery left and 2.5 hours screen on time. that's typically what I got with my g2 which I guess is pretty good here for how I use my phone!

10-27-2014 06:26 PM
    Mines been fine but it should be better when they push the update from Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App on my SGN4
    Lol Verizon updates!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2014 06:34 PM
    Like mentioned before, once the honeymoon was over my battery life has been pretty great. I came from an S5 and I would say they're both are pretty close; the N4 might edge it out, but its too early to tell.

I did turn all the bloat off, and I set my social media apps to never update. 2 email accounts with push. Average user I would say.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-43.jpg   Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-27-19-13-49.jpg  
    10-27-2014 07:16 PM
    It is great that you getting still 45% at 11 PM. Could you post you on screen time?
    I've never posted pics, but here goes...

Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-27-20-17-53.jpg
    Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-27-20-30-28.jpg
    10-27-2014 07:28 PM
    This is my battery life. Moderate usage, all LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life-1414456262752.jpg  
    10-27-2014 07:31 PM
    yesterday I did pretty well!

10-28-2014 06:54 AM
    I am able to only get 5 hours of one screen time? Could you please post you on screen time and what apps you have running? Greatly appreciated.
    10-29-2014 12:30 AM
    Your battery is running extremely well. What apps are you running? The best I can do is 5 hours of on screen time.
    10-29-2014 12:34 AM
    Mine has been great, but I came from the S3, so anything was an upgrade. I can easily go a day and a half, if not more without a charge with moderate use over the course of a workday. I haven't turned any options off, the only change I made was switching to Nova Launcher, but I highly doubt that did anything to help battery life. It's interesting to know that there's such a variation in battery life though.
    10-29-2014 01:58 AM
    Is it weird thatt at 100 percent my phone goes from full charge to 96% in 6 hours of idle time. Is my battery mess up on my note 4 or it a normal thing with the note
    10-31-2014 09:29 AM
    Pretty normal

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-31-2014 10:21 AM
    My battery life has been awesome, and I stay on my phone. Internet, music, calls, text, I do it all, all day and my charge will last me all day. Wonder why some people's differ.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 10:30 AM
98 1234