Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life

TACOrion

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been alright, not really impressed. I've been doing basic tasks: texting, Instagram, Snapchat, eReading, etc. and it seems to be performing similar to my S4. I've turned off a good majority of apps and settings to save some battery but still not impressed.

Today, I started using it at 10AM with 100% battery (light usage) and now I'm at 86%. How's yours been?

Posted via the Android Central App

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Mines been amazing. Had the phone on yesterday for almost 17 hours with heavy use and just under 5 hours of screen time, making calls, sending texts, email, lots of web browsing, some light gaming and still went to bed with 30% battery. I have the spare battery kit and have never even used it once. Consistently get all day battery and more. Very happy with it so far.

Posted via Android Central App

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
This was yesterday on my VZW Note 4.

Morning I was out at the feed store getting hay for the horses. The was driving around and needed to find something. Turned on gps and used google maps for about 30-40 mins.

Listened to music for 4-5 hours while blowing leaves (on WiFi). I have a great WiFi booster for my front and back yard lol

Then was on 4G and WiFi on and off the rest of the night.

Great performance so far. Over 4 hours of screen on time.

a7emyraz.jpg
yjuta2yg.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
mines pretty meh. android system is taking up a huge percent and has an annoying wake time that just shouldn't be there. i was hoping for better battery life than my G2, but i don't think it's gonna happen. i can watch the percentages fall pretty harshly when using the phone, which i never really saw on the G2. i figured a 220mah bump might be enough to help a bit, but i guess that quad HD screen is a killer.

either way, i'm not impressed, but whatever. nothing i can do about it. i hate how quickly it drops from 100 percent down to like 99 and below. my g2 would stay at 100% for 1 hour off charger and 20 minutes screen on time, then itd finally hit 99. the note hits 99 like a minute of usage after i unplug it from the charger in the morning, and just keeps draining. pretty annoying. GSAM shows nothing running that shouldn't be, and i've disabled A TON of bloatware on it. idk i'm just not really impressed.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Excellent battery life

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414353033577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414353033577.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 184
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414353038322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414353038322.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 184

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been excellent so far. The first day I had it I took it off the charger (fully charged) at roughly 6am, downloaded all of my apps (about 85 of 'em), set-up my home screens and widgets, transferred all of my contacts, set up my various playlists, made a few calls, sent a few texts, drove to work and back (about 84 miles round trip) with Location on High Accuracy, and still had 54% at 8pm that night.

Since then, with more normal usage, I usually finish the day at 11pm with around 45% battery life left.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i just don't understand how you're getting battery life like that. i truly don't,. i can't get that for the life of me.
I disabled all of the Verizon apps and some of the google apps (Play books etc) I'm usually on wifi to get 6+ hours of screen on time. If I'm on 4G the whole day I still squeeze just under 5 hours of screen on time

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just can't. at all. here's what I'm at so far which is nothing compared to you.
bce60091fc0d49ec38e0b9161be4efca.jpg
ce58deb79df6771ad401d6d4c6d4eada.jpg

I use 4g most of the time. wifi drains just as bad for me, absolutely no difference.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My android system usage use to be as high as yours (equivalent to screen usage) what I did was wiped cache of Google play services and google play store

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a lot better than the Note 3. I don't need to plug my charger in midday anymore. Here are my stats from yesterday. Still had 49% left when I plugged it in.
y2ebu9em.jpg

emyvugyh.jpg

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
mines pretty meh. android system is taking up a huge percent and has an annoying wake time that just shouldn't be there. i was hoping for better battery life than my G2, but i don't think it's gonna happen. i can watch the percentages fall pretty harshly when using the phone, which i never really saw on the G2. i figured a 220mah bump might be enough to help a bit, but i guess that quad HD screen is a killer.

either way, i'm not impressed, but whatever. nothing i can do about it. i hate how quickly it drops from 100 percent down to like 99 and below. my g2 would stay at 100% for 1 hour off charger and 20 minutes screen on time, then itd finally hit 99. the note hits 99 like a minute of usage after i unplug it from the charger in the morning, and just keeps draining. pretty annoying. GSAM shows nothing running that shouldn't be, and i've disabled A TON of bloatware on it. idk i'm just not really impressed.

don't worry about that 100-99% thing too much, gadget battery percentage is never a accurate number anyway.

Here is my suggestion for you if you want to improve battery life and battery longevity:

1. turn off sync, turn off data when not in use (this can be done with a quick tap if you set up some widget, so its not as tedious an operation as it sounds)
2. charge from ~30%, to ~80%, basically, charge one hr a day, and not overnight
3. reboot the phone whenever you felt battery is dropping unreasonably fast, do it twice in a roll if you must. Using a fast boot widget if you don't want to go through the long rebooting process.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
don't worry about that 100-99% thing too much, gadget battery percentage is never a accurate number anyway.

Here is my suggestion for you if you want to improve battery life and battery longevity:

1. turn off sync, turn off data when not in use (this can be done with a quick tap if you set up some widget, so its not as tedious an operation as it sounds)
2. charge from ~30%, to ~80%, basically, charge one hr a day, and not overnight
3. reboot the phone whenever you felt battery is dropping unreasonably fast, do it twice in a roll if you must. Using a fast boot widget if you don't want to go through the long rebooting process.

well here's my question..you guys with this amazing battery life, are you turning off sync and data when not in use? i've NEVER done this on a phone, and i don't expect to begin now. i've never had the greatest battery life like most people did, with every single phone i've ever had, but it's been managable. do you turn all that stuff off? my sync is always on. i sync majority of my Google account, and dropbox for pics, and that's pretty much it.

charging from 30 to 80 is better you think? i guess that helps prolong the battery life? i typically always just do a full day worth and charge overnight when i goto sleep.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a lot better than the Note 3. I don't need to plug my charger in midday anymore. Here are my stats from yesterday. Still had 49% left when I plugged it in.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/27/y2ebu9em.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/27/emyvugyh.jpg

esxcuse my language, but that's god damn insane. HOW. JUST, HOW. and how is your android system usage so much lower? i simply don't understand why there's a certain few of us who have android system being a HOG and eating up battery while others are fine. it has to be something with the google accounts, maybe.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
well here's my question..you guys with this amazing battery life, are you turning off sync and data when not in use? i've NEVER done this on a phone, and i don't expect to begin now. i've never had the greatest battery life like most people did, with every single phone i've ever had, but it's been managable. do you turn all that stuff off? my sync is always on. i sync majority of my Google account, and dropbox for pics, and that's pretty much it.

charging from 30 to 80 is better you think? i guess that helps prolong the battery life? i typically always just do a full day worth and charge overnight when i goto sleep.

In calibration of my Note 3, I get 7-8 hrs screen on time over two days on a full charge (which I rarely do). In day to to day usage (charging between 30-80%), I get 3-4 screen on time over 1-2 days.

Its a choice for sure, I simply do not see why it is important, or even good, to have google service monitoring me all the time, or to instantly being notified of an email (I manually check it twice a day).

Charging 30-80% is also a choice, it probably double the battery longevity. Its less a problem on galaxy phones since you can just replace it when first one dies.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
In calibration of my Note 3, I get 7-8 hrs screen on time over two days on a full charge (which I rarely do). In day to to day usage (charging between 30-80%), I get 3-4 screen on time over 1-2 days.

Its a choice for sure, I simply do not see why it is important, or even good, to have google service monitoring me all the time, or to instantly being notified of an email (I manually check it twice a day).

Charging 30-80% is also a choice, it probably double the battery longevity. Its less a problem on galaxy phones since you can just replace it when first one dies.

interesting. oh well. i've just disabled some more samsung bloat that i missed the first time. we'll see w hat happens. my galaxy tab S battery life was god awful at the beignning, but then it randomly started getting better....maybe the Note 4 willb e the same?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
interesting. oh well. i've just disabled some more samsung bloat that i missed the first time. we'll see w hat happens. my galaxy tab S battery life was god awful at the beignning, but then it randomly started getting better....maybe the Note 4 willb e the same?

I'm afraid you are disabling the wrong things. samsung apps are not the one that doing all the background data transmission, rather, those are mostly google apps.

Li-ion battery will not get "better" per se, only its battery percentage level may get more "accurate" after a full calibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton