Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid you are disabling the wrong things. samsung apps are not the one that doing all the background data transmission, rather, those are mostly google apps.

Li-ion battery will not get "better" per se, only its battery percentage level may get more "accurate" after a full calibration.

hmm. well, i only sync certain google things that i actually use..so i guess if using the phone the way i need/want to is whats draining the battery, then oh well lol

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
hmm. well, i only sync certain google things that i actually use..so i guess if using the phone the way i need/want to is whats draining the battery, then oh well lol

that is true, there are limit of things you can do.

let me just say rebooting the phone from time to time, or use fast boot widget (one simple tap, not too hard, this is the one I use: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.greatbytes.fastreboot&token=N4ApvKND ) from time to time will also clear the stuck services and apps from draining battery, that much you should be able to do.

Good luck anyway! maybe buy a zerolemon 10000mAh battery when they becomes available :D

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
p1lZfMIl.png

0oPay4yl.png

X6H1cpXl.png

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
So far my battery life has been VERY disappointing compared to my S4.
They reasons are:
1) I have been transferring a few GB of data to the new phone.
2) I have been using it outdoors, and the goofy display auto brightness goes into the odd overly bright mode that looks horrible and SUCKS battery.
3) Yes, even when outside I have plugged it into my 1 amp charger and the screen pulls more power then the charger can put out. On my S4 I would get a slow charge from those chargers.
4) Somewhere alone the lines one of my downloaded documents must be corrupted and at the top of my list of running apps is the 'Indexing Service". It has been running non-stop since I got the phone and put my files on it. I'm going through my files to try to figure out what the cause is.

Hopefully, I have a replacement auto-brightness program to fix the screen problem. I will find the document that is locking up the 'Indexing Service". And I have some 3 amp chargers on order to keep things going when used as a vehicle GPS.

Luckily I bought the spare battery and charger, I've swapped batteries a lot in the last couple of days.

Update:
I deleted and recopied all of my documents from the cloud backup. That corrected issues #1 and #4. Since the indexer is not running non-stop, my battery life is getting normal.
I installed Velis Auto Brightness. That replaces the stock auto brightness and lets me set my own brightness profile. that appears to use much less power in the sunlight fixing problem #2 and helping with #3.

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
2) I have been using it outdoors, and the goofy display auto brightness goes into the odd overly bright mode that looks horrible and SUCKS battery.

use a primarily black wallpaper and use apps with dark theme, it helps with battery life.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
your battery life is like mine.. and you're having the same issue of android system taking up more battery than the screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

System takes up the most if you really aren't using the phone... it is normal

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I did put my GPS into night mode for that reason. It kept the battery alive, but I lose map detail.

here is another suggestion, try install HERE map, download map for offline use, then you can use GPS w/o any network connection.

Internet data traffic is the single biggest battery sucker known, by using it as offline navigation, the battery will surely be improved significantly.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
here is another suggestion, try install HERE map, download map for offline use, then you can use GPS w/o any network connection.

Internet data traffic is the single biggest battery sucker known, by using it as offline navigation, the battery will surely be improved significantly.
I use OSMAND or CoPilot, both are offline maps.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. But it is frustrating that for some of us to get good battery life we have to disable a lot of features. "Turn these things off and your battery will improve." That's like saying "Don't drive your car and you'll retain more gas." I am @ 30% battery and have 2.5 hours of on screen time. Main reason I bought this phone was for the supposed great battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
well here's my question..you guys with this amazing battery life, are you turning off sync and data when not in use?

No. I leave Sync and both 4G and WiFi on all the time. I'm not sure why I get such good battery life. I don't believe I've done anything special. I've not gone to any special lengths at all. I don't think.

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I tried downloading Here this afternoon. After downloading, I can't get it to install. I can get the "Cancel" button to respond, but not the "Install" button. And... I have "Unknown Source" checked in Security settings. Tried a number of times. Even restarted a bunch just to see if that was the problem. Hmmmm...

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. But it is frustrating that for some of us to get good battery life we have to disable a lot of features. "Turn these things off and your battery will improve." That's like saying "Don't drive your car and you'll retain more gas." I am @ 30% battery and have 2.5 hours of on screen time. Main reason I bought this phone was for the supposed great battery.
If you do indeed need to be connected all the time, being notified when every email comes through, there is literally no phone can satisfy. Note actually has a big advantage in this case, in that you can buy an extra spare battery, OR a bigger extended battery.

There is zerolemon 10000mAh for Note 3, I imagine there will be one for Note 4 soon as well.

I tried downloading Here this afternoon. After downloading, I can't get it to install. I can get the "Cancel" button to respond, but not the "Install" button. And... I have "Unknown Source" checked in Security settings. Tried a number of times. Even restarted a bunch just to see if that was the problem. Hmmmm...

mmm, try installing it from galaxy store?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
bah. here's mine today. posted the android system screen shot too... can we compare that? cuz it's still killing my battery. almost 2 hours of cpu usage? cmon. no.
f6e19da4c1ef259c4e2b84cad08cfbbb.jpg
45ecfca1d9b7dff74dafd0a3806b1e43.jpg
7d5179d747474a902f5cc9e7c417e30d.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm losing battery much quicker today and I haven't done anything different. This time yesterday I was on 56%. Today I'm on 26% now. Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
esxcuse my language, but that's god damn insane. HOW. JUST, HOW. and how is your android system usage so much lower? i simply don't understand why there's a certain few of us who have android system being a HOG and eating up battery while others are fine. it has to be something with the google accounts, maybe.

Not exactly sure. I didn't do any weird charging rituals or turning off data. I disabled the Verizon apps for the most part, turned off syncing to photos, Facebook, Twitter and stopped Google+. Also, wifi scanning is off. If I can think of any more later, I'll let you know. Nothing extreme, though. I set up each app manually, not batch install, so I only installed the ones I was using and checked the settings on any of them that wanted location or sync.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure. I didn't do any weird charging rituals or turning off data. I disabled the Verizon apps for the most part, turned off syncing to photos, Facebook, Twitter and stopped Google+. Also, wifi scanning is off. If I can think of any more later, I'll let you know. Nothing extreme, though. I set up each app manually, not batch install, so I only installed the ones I was using and checked the settings on any of them that wanted location or sync.

I've done pretty much everything exactly the same as you. ugh. don't get it at all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye