Verizon Note 4 and Battery Life

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've posted this on another thread but here's a few things I did that have given me great battery life (much better than my GS4; I rarely get below 50% battery after a typical day of use):

- Under More Networks > Mobile Networks > set preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA (it's set to global by default)
- Under Location > Mode > set to to power saving instead of high accuracy

I also use Snapdragon Battery Guru. I do not use Samsung's "Power Saving Mode" (I don't want my performance to throttle down ever) and I keep my GPS, location, and bluetooth on all the time.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How did you get that

Posted via Android Central App
Do you mean how did I get this battery information, or are you asking how was I able to achieve that performance?

Assuming it's the latter, I'm not really sure, honestly. I keep my screen on auto brightness set at about 70%. I don't keep many apps open at any given time (old habit I developed while on an iPhone), and since I'm on unlimited data through VZW, I don't use wireless all that often and keep it turned off. Other than that, I just use the device normally, leaving everything stock.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean how did I get this battery information, or are you asking how was I able to achieve that performance?

Assuming it's the latter, I'm not really sure, honestly. I keep my screen on auto brightness set at about 70%. I don't keep many apps open at any given time (old habit I developed while on an iPhone), and since I'm on unlimited data through VZW, I don't use wireless all that often and keep it turned off. Other than that, I just use the device normally, leaving everything stock.

Yes, the performance. Its strange to see you there above everyone else with that battery life :p

Posted via Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you know difference between GPS only and Power saving? As I typed that I realized I should first RTFM. It said nothing. Then I Googled the string below and found a bunch of stuff. I am doing as you suggest but also wonder if you know how much difference keeping off GPS makes these days? It makes sense to me but reading 5 minutes of results suggests some debate about it. In fact, I previously had mine on GPS only because some other thread suggested it. Power saving seems better at least for now. I don't know GSAM well enough yet to test each one...

android location power saving vs gps only

I've posted this on another thread but here's a few things I did that have given me great battery life (much better than my GS4; I rarely get below 50% battery after a typical day of use):

- Under More Networks > Mobile Networks > set preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA (it's set to global by default)
- Under Location > Mode > set to to power saving instead of high accuracy

I also use Snapdragon Battery Guru. I do not use Samsung's "Power Saving Mode" (I don't want my performance to throttle down ever) and I keep my GPS, location, and bluetooth on all the time.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone for not even 24 hrs. Set it up up last night and have been off charge for 2.5 hrs and I am at 96% with moderate use. On wifi most of the time but this is looking good so far. I am impressed with fast charging.

2UMK

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
That's amazing battery life. I have AT&T... I'm not sure if it has to do with the carrier or not and the additional stuff they put on it. But my friend who has the Note Edge (weaker battery) but the exact same specs as the N4. He uses pandora, bluetooth, wifi, sync for about 8 hrs straight, text, talk, social media... and at the end of the day still have 50% left. That's heavy usage for me. And he says that's light to medium for him. If I can get that I'd be happy. But he has T-Mobile.

I called AT&T they were no help.

I called Samsung and they said turn off location service while location service (in the N4) says that it takes up minimal battery.

I went to Android hoping to get better software usage and battery life. My battery seems like it's dropping 1% every few minutes. But the other day I did get a 3 hours of pandora with a 9% drop. That made me pretty happy. But once I start using the screen more often it just drops.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
That's amazing battery life. I have AT&T... I'm not sure if it has to do with the carrier or not and the additional stuff they put on it. But my friend who has the Note Edge (weaker battery) but the exact same specs as the N4. He uses pandora, bluetooth, wifi, sync for about 8 hrs straight, text, talk, social media... and at the end of the day still have 50% left. That's heavy usage for me. And he says that's light to medium for him. If I can get that I'd be happy. But he has T-Mobile.

I called AT&T they were no help.

I called Samsung and they said turn off location service while location service (in the N4) says that it takes up minimal battery.

I went to Android hoping to get better software usage and battery life. My battery seems like it's dropping 1% every few minutes. But the other day I did get a 3 hours of pandora with a 9% drop. That made me pretty happy. But once I start using the screen more often it just drops.
What is your screen brightness set to?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Has any one got your Note 4 down to 1% battery life remaining to see how long it lasts on 1%?

I have read that once in a while you should let the battery drain down ALL THE WAY to re caliber the battery memory.

I had mine down to 1% the other day and it lasted like 2 seconds before shutting down...my phone screen was on @ that time!

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
i just don't understand how you're getting battery life like that. i truly don't,. i can't get that for the life of me.

People who are getting 21hrs or 24hrs battery life are the ones who let their phone stay on standby overnight to get more hours built up on their battery stats. The other option is they have am extended battery. With light usage you can probably get 15hrs at most or a little more.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This is an actual percentage I got from my note 4. I unplugged my phone at 6am and this what I got from none stop usage. Anyone getting more than this is probably blowing smoke.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-47-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-47-22.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-47-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-47-25.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 92

kndz022

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, Im having a problem here. I dont know if my battery life is normal or what. Here's my battery power saving screenshot. If you guys could just help me out please.. so i charged my phone with 35% battery using fast charging, then i unplugged at aroung 8pm. after that, i didnt do anything on the phone and at around 8.35pm, i saw that its now on 99%. Thats from 100%. Is that normal? :/ Ive had experimented it many times to test the battery. I could kindly say it to you guys if ever.Screenshot_2015-01-16-21-59-06.jpgScreenshot_2015-01-16-21-59-06.jpg

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. By the way, I usually have my screen at full brightness ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-07-32-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-07-32-02.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-07-32-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-07-32-10.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 67

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, Im having a problem here. I dont know if my battery life is normal or what. Here's my battery power saving screenshot. If you guys could just help me out please.. so i charged my phone with 35% battery using fast charging, then i unplugged at aroung 8pm. after that, i didnt do anything on the phone and at around 8.35pm, i saw that its now on 99%. Thats from 100%. Is that normal? :/ Ive had experimented it many times to test the battery. I could kindly say it to you guys if ever.View attachment 159466View attachment 159466

To drop 1% in half an hr is normal.
But with you pic up here, I see you used ur phone heavily for calling, hence the drop to 86% so fast!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
This is best of the best I have got with my Verizon Note 4...

Mostly ideal...But i do have all Location services enabled!

On a moderate to heavy use day too, I can go full 24hrs without charge!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-07-12-27-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-07-12-27-46.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 29

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams