11-06-2014 08:04 AM
40 12
tools
    I almost had a panic attack yesterday when the scanner wouldn't work. I had eaten a couple sugar coated jelly candies (similar to Chuckles) while in a meeting in my bosses office. When I left, the scanner wouldn't work and I didn't remember my password (I only remembered entering a PIN, not a password. Had the "wrong password" message told me that the password needed to be at least 6 characters, I would have immediately known what it was). I must have had some granulated sugar on my finger or on the scanner which was causing the swipe to fail. Once I cleaned my hand and the scanner, it started working again.

I didn't realize that I could setup swipes of three different fingers until I had the problem. After it started working again, I added my index finger and other thumb to to the phone.
    10-30-2014 02:59 PM
    Yeah I don't like it or really need it right now so I turned it off.
    10-30-2014 03:02 PM
    No problems here. Very reliable. Use it every day. As another user stated, it probably makes a big difference as to how you register your prints. I think if you do a good job of it, your scanner should work fine.
    10-30-2014 03:29 PM
    Works great for me. I have left and right index fingers and right thumb scanned. No problems at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 05:42 PM
    Hated it at first. The first week with this I thought it was way too complicated. I was angry at Samsung for not making it simpler like the one for the iPhone but now I'm perfectly fine. It works much more now. I think I'm just used to it. Plus after a factory reset I think I did a better job at registering my fingers this time.

Plus being able to lock apps with the finger security app found in the play store is amazing!
    10-30-2014 11:37 PM
    I have been using it on my lockscreen and it is working pretty damn well! Took a couple of days of trying but I seem to have gotten the right swiping tempo where I now rarely have to swipe a second time. (Knock on Wood).
    The whole finger print thing is so much not needed is way over blown of its importance I pull my phone out my all day to look at .So that would be such a hassle to have to do that every time

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2014 12:19 AM
    The whole finger print thing is so much not needed is way over blown of its importance I pull my phone out my all day to look at .So that would be such a hassle to have to do that every time

agreed.. tried to pull it out to do a few things quick and a few times today would not read right.. Its always with me.. so I'll killing it now. ahhhhhhh
    10-31-2014 01:20 AM
    I tried and tried to like it but it NEVER worked the first time, always the second. It frustrated me to much so I went back to regular swype. What I do love about it is the private mode feature however, for that purpose I dont mind having to swype a couple times once in a while since it doesn't disrupt my flow with day to day tasks.
    10-31-2014 01:50 AM
    It works 99% of the time for me. I now use it for my last pass account.
    10-31-2014 06:22 AM
    Tried it several times after getting my Note yesterday. No matter how conscientious I am with swiping, there always seems to be some sort of error. Either I'm swiping to fast, not getting enough of the scanner, etc. I probably need more practice but it certainly doesn't seem to work reliably enough to use it as my unlock method.
    It helps to register the same finger at different angles...
    10-31-2014 08:27 AM
    If it fails a number of times is the only option a 6 digit code? Can it be 4 or better yet a pattern? I had an S4 and used the pattern swype and it became second nature (very fast). I now have an LG G3 an use the knock code and love it but I am returning it for a Note 4.
    10-31-2014 09:27 AM

To each his own but two seconds is not a hassle for me and only when the screen is actually locked.
    10-31-2014 09:50 AM

Yes but some peoples Jobs require a pin to login to their phone if the phone contains their work email account. The fingerprint scanner inccorperates the PIN into the fingerprint so typing the PIN isnt neccessary. It is VERY neeccesary for me and many others
    11-01-2014 08:04 AM
    I just can't get it to work for me. I have re-trained it several times, trained different fingers/thumbs, trained it with different angles, tried the "full swipe" starting above the button. It just will not work for me. I think in all of the testing that I've done with it over the last 2 weeks, it might have actually worked two times. Very frustrating. I really want to use this feature. It's one of the main reasons that I bought the N4. Any other suggestions for getting it to work? Is there another thread that is helpful that I haven't found yet?
    11-06-2014 07:30 AM
    I haven't looked into setting mine up yet. I'm not sure if it is going to be necessary.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-06-2014 08:04 AM
40 12