I've had my note 4 a few days now and there is a very annoying glitch on the unlock screen. Usually the screen fades away very nicely to the home screen. Now there is a brief flicker of the lock screen and clock again that interrupts the fade out. It's hard to explain but it doesn't look smooth and it is killing my ocd. I reformatted the phone and that fixed it for a while but the problem is now back. Any suggestions?
    10-26-2014 10:09 PM
    I've had my note 4 a few days now and there is a very annoying glitch on the unlock screen. Usually the screen fades away very nicely to the home screen. Now there is a brief flicker of the lock screen and clock again that interrupts the fade out. It's hard to explain but it doesn't look smooth and it is killing my ocd. I reformatted the phone and that fixed it for a while but the problem is now back. Any suggestions?
    Normal
    10-26-2014 10:12 PM
    No glitch here. What have you changed if anything on the phone? Have you done anything with the developer mode i.e. change animations? Have you changed your screen wallpaper? If so, is the phone accessing something on your micro SD card or something that is locally stored?
    10-26-2014 10:13 PM
    If you're using the swipe lock... Turnoff the "unlock effect" in the lock screen settings and the flicker will go away.
    10-26-2014 10:14 PM
    No glitch here. What have you changed if anything on the phone? Have you done anything with the developer mode i.e. change animations? Have you changed your screen wallpaper? If so, is the phone accessing something on your micro SD card or something that is locally stored?
    Interesting. I have an SD card and switched wall papers using the nova launcher app. Do you know where I can find this wallpaper stored on the phone.

I also switched animations to .5x. Could this have changed things? I reformatted again so I can't check.
    10-27-2014 05:17 AM
    Interesting. I have an SD card and switched wall papers using the nova launcher app. Do you know where I can find this wallpaper stored on the phone.

I also switched animations to .5x. Could this have changed things? I reformatted again so I can't check.
    I'm sure it's somewhere in the system files. You might have to be rooted to access those files. One thing I recall from the Note 3 is when someone had changed their wallpaper, it drained the battery faster. Keep in mind that even the slightest changes to the O/S can sometimes affect the device.
    10-27-2014 07:16 AM