OK, call me lazy… but on the Note 3 and Note 2 I got used to not capitalizing the “I” when texting and referring to myself and Android would see the “I” alone and capitalize it. On the Note 4 running 4.4.4 this doesn't happen. I know it isn't the Note 4 having issues but Android.

Is there a setting to change this? I have auto capitalize on but that only works on words after punctuation.

TIA.
    10-27-2014 02:30 PM
    OK, call me lazy… but on the Note 3 and Note 2 I got used to not capitalizing the “I” when texting and referring to myself and Android would see the “I” alone and capitalize it. On the Note 4 running 4.4.4 this doesn't happen. I know it isn't the Note 4 having issues but Android.

Is there a setting to change this? I have auto capitalize on but that only works on words after punctuation.

TIA.
    It's really the keyboard that Samsung uses in the new Note 4's that for some reason doesn't have that feature. You might see if you can extract the apk Samsung keyboard from the Note 2 or 3 or perhaps one of the XDA sites (search for Note 3 keyboard) and then install it on your Note 4 and then just use that keyboard.
    10-27-2014 02:49 PM

TIA.
    Weird, mine auto changes "i" to "I" every time. Do you have auto replace turned on?
    10-27-2014 03:37 PM
    No, and I don't believe I did on my other devices since I really can't stand Android (or any platform) changing words, you know the "damn auto correct" thing. I just looked at my Note 10.1 2014 and it replaces the i with I and I have Auto Replace turned off..
    10-28-2014 09:30 AM
    Does anyone else have this problem? I just updated my S5 to 4.4.4 on Sprint and now every time I type "I" it shows as "i" every time! it's so annoying I have to correct it myself!
    11-25-2014 05:56 PM
    I don't know why every keyboard with English as an option doesn't have i auto correct to I...in English it is always "I" when typed alone. I have gone so far as to ask other keyboard developers why this isn't built in...no answer but it get votes by others so hopefully more keyboards will just implement the capital I.
    11-25-2014 06:29 PM
    Has anybody come up with the solution? My att note 3 just started to do this after i updated to 4.4.4. I have the same problem with the i. It's also adding double spaces after random words,even though I'm only adding one space. It's driving me up the wall!!! (I've left this just as my phone typed it, to show an annoying example)
    11-28-2014 11:06 PM
    You can train the keyboards to do what you want. If it offers a suggestion/replacement and you don't want it to anymore, long press the suggestion box and it should ask if you want it removed from suggestions.
    Once removed, make the changes you want to relearn a new offering.
    This works with stock and Swiftkey at least.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    12-02-2014 06:48 AM