What Is Your Most Favorite Galaxy Note 4 Tip/Trick You Can Share?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Trick to avoid losing functionality but also to keep yourself sane: AVOID swiping the notification bar from the corners. Sooooo many apps I've toggled into windowed mode and so many others telling me they're not compatible with windowed mode because I'm used to pulling on the corners hehe.

(For those who don't know WHY, if you pull down from a corner while using an app, it'll turn into a floating window which you can further minimize into a floating bubble for later use. You can use up to 8 apps this way at the same time.)

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
A funny you should start this thread as I was only thinking about doing a tips/tricks thread myself.

Not sure if the previous note done this but when playing a video if you swipe the screen left or right the video will skip forward or backwards 5 seconds.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If you go to the App drawer and click on the icon that looks like a handset, you can actually use this bad boy to make phone calls. Can you believe that?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Trick to avoid losing functionality but also to keep yourself sane: AVOID swiping the notification bar from the corners. Sooooo many apps I've toggled into windowed mode and so many others telling me they're not compatible with windowed mode because I'm used to pulling on the corners hehe.

(For those who don't know WHY, if you pull down from a corner while using an app, it'll turn into a floating window which you can further minimize into a floating bubble for later use. You can use up to 8 apps this way at the same time.)

That is funny, but I like using the floating window, when I have navigation running, I minimize that screen to one corner, which allows me to still have access to my car dock app while still being able to see the route.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A funny you should start this thread as I was only thinking about doing a tips/tricks thread myself.

Not sure if the previous note done this but when playing a video if you swipe the screen left or right the video will skip forward or backwards 5 seconds.

I didn't know that! And I don't know if the Note 3 did it either, never tried it...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What does that do?

Most people don't like S-Voice and lowering animation speed in Dev. Options reduces lag and speeds things up... But most of that is 'legacy' habits. With this Note, I haven't found any lag at all, except for the multitasking menu...that ******* is laggy as fudge running down an almost flat surface.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Just found another thing I didn't know.

When you have a memo page up you can scroll the page up and down which gives you more room to write by putting two fingers on the screen and swiping up or down

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
You can create a shortcut for your favourite pair of multitasking apps.

Go to multitasking and select your two apps from the list you want to pair,when they are both on the screen get the multitasking bar back up again and select the arrow made out of dots at the bottom of the bar and select create,it should now put a shortcut at the top of the list.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
i would like to take all the credit for the tip about swiping the note page up and down but in fact it was my 18 month old son who found it whist he was slapping his hands on the screen lol

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In keeping with the video tips - while watching a video sliding a finger up or down on the right side of the screen adjusts volume and sliding a finger up or down on the left side adjusts brightness.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

This does annoy the hell out of me. A simple fix would be for Samsung to make this a swipe- in/out method from the corner similar to the swipe gesture from the sides that makes the screen smaller for one handed use.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What does that do?

This is not just a legacy habit as another poster mentioned. Maybe for some it is, but i've gotten some decent amounts of lag on my N4 (almost no apps have been downloaded) and eliminating the S voice makes the home button more responsive, and lowering animations in the dev options cuts out a lot of the nonsense animations that have to take place just for me to go from one screen to another. I like some animations, but I don't need to clearly watch as an app folds up and looks like it's getting sucked into the top corner of the phone and off the screen. (I doubt that description will make any sense to anyone else)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, maybe you got a bad unit? I haven't seen any lag at all with quite a few apps running in the background, even a couple of windowed ones. Yeah, the multitasking menu IS very laggy, but other than that, none at all, with all animations turned on (but yeah, S-Voice disabled). The few accounts I've read about people is that their Notes, too, are lag-free.

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
This is not just a legacy habit as another poster mentioned. Maybe for some it is, but i've gotten some decent amounts of lag on my N4 (almost no apps have been downloaded) and eliminating the S voice makes the home button more responsive, and lowering animations in the dev options cuts out a lot of the nonsense animations that have to take place just for me to go from one screen to another. I like some animations, but I don't need to clearly watch as an app folds up and looks like it's getting sucked into the top corner of the phone and off the screen. (I doubt that description will make any sense to anyone else)

Where do you adjust the animations?

Posted via the Android Central App

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Where do you adjust the animations?

Settings -> about phone -> tap on build number 8 times until it says developer mode enabled -> back to settings -> developer options -> like halfway down, there are three scales set to 1x. You can adjust these to 0.5 or off to your liking. Or adjust them up and experience the lag!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Turn on developer mode and turn off all animations,, your phone will greased lighting.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae