Im new to android and Samsung and all this so I can't figure out this message stuff. Please help.
    When I receive a message it doesn't say from whom it is. It only says I have a message. How do I change that to tell me the name of the person that sent me the message?
    10-27-2014 10:32 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Are you talking about a text message?
    10-27-2014 10:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Are you talking about a text message?
    Yes. When I receive a new txt message it just says txt on the screen. I then have to open the messages app and see who the message was from. How do I fix this?
    10-27-2014 11:05 PM
    This may have been answered, open up your messages and click the 3 dots on the top right hand of the screen, this opens up settings, go to notifications and there you will see the option to preview messages on lock screen, just check the box.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:15 PM
    This may have been answered, open up your messages and click the 3 dots on the top right hand of the screen, this opens up settings, go to notifications and there you will see the option to preview messages on lock screen, just check the box.

I don't want to preview it. I want to know who sent me the message.
    For example if I have a message from my sis I want to see sister sent you a message or something like that. I don't want to see just you have a message.
    10-27-2014 11:19 PM
    Another option might be to pull down the notification shade. However, if you have a screen lock, this won't work.
    10-27-2014 11:19 PM
    I don't want to preview it. I want to know who sent me the message.
    For example if I have a message from my sis I want to see sister sent you a message or something like that. I don't want to see just you have a message.
    But the preview should have the sender and the first few lines of the message in it.
    10-27-2014 11:20 PM
    But the preview should have the sender and the first few lines of the message in it.
    Ohh thank you so much, that worked. Its hard to go from ios to android and not get lost
    10-27-2014 11:27 PM
    Ohh thank you so much, that worked. Its hard to go from ios to android and not get lost
    I won't take credit for Enforcer25's suggestion though, but I take it that is a solution for you?
    10-27-2014 11:38 PM

Thank you, that help me alot. I was really lost
    10-27-2014 11:40 PM
    I won't take credit for Enforcer25's suggestion though, but I take it that is a solution for you?
    I thanked him too and yes that did help.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:41 PM
    I thanked him too and yes that did help.
    Excellent. Glad they gave a good suggestion. Since you are new, take a look around the forums. We have a variety of things to talk about in the Lounge (The Android Central Lounge - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com), our General Help and How to (General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) for other questions, and an Introduction section (Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) where you can say hi to the rest of the community.
    10-27-2014 11:46 PM
    Excellent. Glad they gave a good suggestion. Since you are new, take a look around the forums. We have a variety of things to talk about in the Lounge (The Android Central Lounge - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com), our General Help and How to (General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) for other questions, and an Introduction section (Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) where you can say hi to the rest of the community.
    Thank you, Ill do so
    10-28-2014 12:04 AM
    Thank you, Ill do so
    Cool. See you around the forums.
    10-28-2014 12:05 AM