05-25-2015 03:38 AM
115 1234 ...
tools
    Here's my 2 cents. If you really like your iPhone then get an iPhone I am sure you will love it.

If you are looking for a change then go for the Note. There are tonnes of guides and info on the internet on how to work between itunes and your android device as well as importing your photos directly into iPhoto from dropbox. All you will need to do is some research and spend a bit of personal time.

I was a hardcore apple girl and now as much as I love my iMac and like my iPad 3rd gen. I LOVE my android devices and am totally thrilled with my Note 4.

I converted over from the iP4 to the Galaxy S III. It took me more than a couple of months to truly start liking the phone, but from day one I loved the customization. So it wasn't an instant transition for me, it took time, especially since I was still sipping heavily into the kool aid.

Patience when system switching is key. Doing some research before hand will save you disappointment and regret.
    10-29-2014 12:41 PM
    You honestly can't go wrong with either one. Both are great devices, but given your current set up of having a iPad & Mac... With continuity & hand off features.. makes having a iPhone very compelling. I have a iPhone 6 Plus and I've messed with the Note 4... Note 4 is a great device. But, the seamless experience across the board with iPhone, iPad & Mac... I'd say go with the iPhone.
    Eddster and isitme like this.
    10-29-2014 12:56 PM
    Sounds like some people here have gone full Apple. You NEVER go full Apple.

Apple is designed like a venus fly trap. Great devices and products, but once you're in all the way you're locked in. That may not be a terrible thing today or tomorrow, but who knows what will happen in 5 years. I don't trust any corp enough to fully invest myself into their ecosystem.
    10-29-2014 01:07 PM
    I'm a big Android fan but I did own the iPhone 4S just to see what the big deal was. Basically, I left unimpressed. I absolutely hated iTunes, the UI was uninspiring, and contrary to the urban myths that surround Apple products, the phone had numerous issues (random restart, lagged on group messages, battery drain).

I had to replace my original 4S because of supposed water damage. I've never exposed it to water so the best I could figure was that somehow when I run (I sweat A LOT) the sweat penetrated the armband and entered the phone. The supposedly legendary customer service from Apple was non-existent in my case as they insisted the phone was exposed to water without my knowledge. It's possible I suppose but the attitude of the Apple store rep and their insistence that it wasn't an issue with the phone itself was a definite negative for me.

I have many friends who are Apple loyalists and most have had issues with their iPhones over the years. Almost all had to take their iPhone in to the Apple Store at one point or another and several have had batteries or entire iPhones replaced. I've had issues with Android phones as well but Apple has done a great job of selling the reliability and smoothness of their products. It has developed an urban myth that iPhones are perfect, which from my experience is definitely not the case.

That being said, the iPhone is simpler to use. That may or may not be a good thing depending on your usage. My mom for instance, can use an old iPhone 4 just fine because all she does is call or text. But for an enthusiast like me who likes to adjust, tinker, and play with their phone, Android is simply much more capable than iOS.
    10-29-2014 05:25 PM
    IPhone is great...but there's one problem: cannot upload files to the Web! That is one huge deal breaker for me. Perhaps there are apps out there that do it, but on the Note I have several ways of doing it. I hate applying for jobs on my iPad mini.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-29-2014 06:47 PM
    IPhone is great...but there's one problem: cannot upload files to the Web! That is one huge deal breaker for me. Perhaps there are apps out there that do it, but on the Note I have several ways of doing it. I hate applying for jobs on my iPad mini.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    That's one of the things that make the Note 4 special. And you are right, there isn't a file management system on the iPhone or iPad like there is on the Note. I'm glad that the Note 4 is working for you. That's what it is all about. Having the device that works the best for you.
    10-29-2014 07:44 PM
    It's all a matter of preference. IOS is limited in it's features but what iOS does, it does beautifully. Android gives you options...which can be overwhelming if you're coming from iOS. One thing you will consistently hear from the iPhone crowd is that android is fragmented, which is true. But the the issues that come with fragmentation either were fixed or are in the process of being resolved with each new update. I had the GS3 for over 2 years and it ran smooth on the first day I had it till the last day. As android deals with it's fragmentation issues, which really haven't been an issue since jellybean, iOS becomes more fragmented. As apple puts out more tablets, phones, and ipod touches they have to make slightly different iOS versions to ensure it works on all the different iOS devices and respective generations of the iOS devices. Is iOS as fragmented as android...no but they are heading in that direction. One of iPhone latest iOS updates caused some devices to be useless....thankfully apple fixed it quickly... I wouldn't be surprised if that was a fragmentation issue.

At the the end of the day they both do a good job. Don't just look at the negative aspects of the devices...figure out what you need and want and go with that.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    10-29-2014 10:28 PM
    Note 4, definitely. Blows the iPhone out of the water.
    10-30-2014 07:28 AM
    Note 4, definitely. Blows the iPhone out of the water.
    I wouldn't say that. But the Note 4 is a great device.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 07:36 AM
    I wouldn't say that. But the Note 4 is a great device.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    Well, it has so many more possibilities and features.
    10-30-2014 07:39 AM
    Even that is debatable. It would depend on what you wanted to do and how you used the device. There are a lot of features on iOS that are not on Android or Samsung devices as well. But not all of them may be important to every person. So when you say that the Note 4 blows the iPhone out of the water, that really is a subjective position. It's going to vary per person. If you go to the iPhone forums, you will see people exclaim the same thing in favor of the iPhone 6 over the Note 4.
    10-30-2014 07:44 AM
    Even that is debatable. It would depend on what you wanted to do and how you used the device. There are a lot of features on iOS that are not on Android or Samsung devices as well. But not all of them may be important to every person. So when you say that the Note 4 blows the iPhone out of the water, that really is a subjective position. It's going to vary per person. If you go to the iPhone forums, you will see people exclaim the same thing in favor of the iPhone 6 over the Note 4.
    Honestly both are good phones. No phone "wins" since it depends on the person. The Note 4 may win for some .. whereas others may be the iPhone 6.

A good example is someone who takes tons of videos and loves to text them to people .. an iPhone may suite them better if their friends & family have iPhones since they can send full quality videos via text (iMessage) whereas on Android you would have to host elsewhere (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.) to keep the quality and then send people links.

Remember everyone has different needs / wants .. .
    10-30-2014 07:46 AM
    Honestly both are good phones. No phone "wins" since it depends on the person. The Note 4 may win for some .. whereas others may be the iPhone 6.

A good example is someone who takes tons of videos and loves to text them to people .. an iPhone may suite them better if their friends & family have iPhones since they can send full quality videos via text (iMessage) whereas on Android you would have to host elsewhere (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.) to keep the quality and then send people links.

Remember everyone has different needs / wants .. .
    My thoughts exactly. It is better to tout what these phones are great at or discuss their shortcomings. But to say that one is definitively better than the other or "blows it out of the water" really does no one any good.
    10-30-2014 07:49 AM
    The Note 4 may blow the Apple 6 or 6 plus out of the water in features, but one thing the Apple does better is the photo color. I'm not crazy about the aqua skies form the Note 4. Apple does blue much better.
    10-30-2014 07:49 AM
    One of the things that I have always maintained is that the Note series does provide a very different experience from any other smartphone I have ever owned due to the pen and the software integration of it.

10-30-2014 07:52 AM
    As someone here stated before, if you're happy with your current iPhone and don't wish you could do more with it buy the iPhone 6. If you want to do more and have quality that you can mold to you and your life buy the Note 4.

I was a long time iPhone user but always found myself saying "I wish I could do (this or that) with my phone." Or "If only my phone could xxxx." Thinking I couldn't be the only person wanting those things I would search to see if I was just missing how to do it on the phone. Only to find that there were lots of android devices with those abilities. So basically, if you're ok with molding the way you do things to Apple's way then continue with iPhone. If you like your way get the Note 4. I did and haven't regretted it for a minute. Just imagine being on a call and being able to do other things on your phone while on the call! Makes me smile every time I can do that now because I know I made the right choice.

And switching from the iPhone to the Note was a breeze. Don't listen to all these naysayers who say it's hard. It's not. In fact, I was able to load everything from my iPhone to my Note much faster than when I had to get my iPhone switched out a few months ago. Use Samsung's Smart Switch and iSyncer and your set with everything that was on your iPhone on your new (and much nicer) phone in not time. The only thing that didn't synch as easily was some apps that I had in folders on my iphone, which was no big deal because I was happy to do some housecleaning by not downloading little used apps.

And the notifications and ability to add so many great widgets to your screens makes the OS so much nicer.

Yeah I do miss iMessenger a bit and not having FaceTime will be an impact too. But I still have my iMac and iPad for those things and I can easily synch all my stuff so I'm good.
    10-30-2014 09:03 AM
    As someone here stated before, if you're happy with your current iPhone and don't wish you could do more with it buy the iPhone 6. If you want to do more and have quality that you can mold to you and your life buy the Note 4.

I was a long time iPhone user but always found myself saying "I wish I could do (this or that) with my phone." Or "If only my phone could xxxx." Thinking I couldn't be the only person wanting those things I would search to see if I was just missing how to do it on the phone. Only to find that there were lots of android devices with those abilities. So basically, if you're ok with molding the way you do things to Apple's way then continue with iPhone. If you like your way get the Note 4. I did and haven't regretted it for a minute. Just imagine being on a call and being able to do other things on your phone while on the call! Makes me smile every time I can do that now because I know I made the right choice.

And switching from the iPhone to the Note was a breeze. Don't listen to all these naysayers who say it's hard. It's not. In fact, I was able to load everything from my iPhone to my Note much faster than when I had to get my iPhone switched out a few months ago. Use Samsung's Smart Switch and iSyncer and your set with everything that was on your iPhone on your new (and much nicer) phone in not time. The only thing that didn't synch as easily was some apps that I had in folders on my iphone, which was no big deal because I was happy to do some housecleaning by not downloading little used apps.

And the notifications and ability to add so many great widgets to your screens makes the OS so much nicer.

Yeah I do miss iMessenger a bit and not having FaceTime will be an impact too. But I still have my iMac and iPad for those things and I can easily synch all my stuff so I'm good.
    Maybe one of these will help: http://joyofandroid.com/how-to-facetime-on-android/
    10-30-2014 09:23 AM
    Thanks. Yeah, I've used Google Hangouts for this with others already and set it up on my daughter's iPod so we can still text each other. But trying to explain google hangouts to people over 60... HA! That's the good thing about iOS, even non-techy types can use it. I understand that hangouts is easy enough but if it requires a download, separate login/password and a different icon... big time stress for some. But like I said, I still have all the other Apple ecosystem options available for those instances so not a big deal.
    10-30-2014 02:10 PM
    It's interesting to me that when the first iPhone was released, everyone was crushing Blackberry for "sticking with the formula" with their phones, and eventually the iPhone overwhelmed the company.

Now, here we are 7-8 generations of iOS later, and you could make the same argument about Apple for the last 3-4 versions of iOS, but nobody is killing them for it quite the way Blackberry got killed.

OP, I don't think you'll be disappointed to move over to the Note 4. The features it offers simply can't be matched by the 6+. At best there are some things the 6+ does that are on par with the Note 4. But there are many things it simply can't match. You couldn't have said that about an iOS device, compared to an Android device, as little as 2 years ago. Apple is definitely in danger of getting caught being complacent like RIM did.
    10-30-2014 02:20 PM
    It's interesting to me that when the first iPhone was released, everyone was crushing Blackberry for "sticking with the formula" with their phones, and eventually the iPhone overwhelmed the company.

Now, here we are 7-8 generations of iOS later, and you could make the same argument about Apple for the last 3-4 versions of iOS, but nobody is killing them for it quite the way Blackberry got killed.

OP, I don't think you'll be disappointed to move over to the Note 4. The features it offers simply can't be matched by the 6+. At best there are some things the 6+ does that are on par with the Note 4. But there are many things it simply can't match. You couldn't have said that about an iOS device, compared to an Android device, as little as 2 years ago. Apple is definitely in danger of getting caught being complacent like RIM did.
    I don't know about this.

10-30-2014 07:49 PM

iOS 8 has come pretty well versus blackberry upgrades...
    10-30-2014 09:47 PM
    I don't know about this.

To the OP, not trying to be "that dude" but I say just stick with your IP6+. Your fond of it and don't really seem to be receptive to others opinion on how they feel about the note 4 over the 6+. All in all just stick with what's best 4u. I tried the 6 when it came out to see what ios8 and the "bigger" iphone would be and left vastly unimpressed. While the phone is beautifully crafted with a great camera, outside of that, IOS is simply boring, at least for me. That's why I choose Android and the note 4. I like options and customizations. Choose, but choose wisely.
    kittenphelia likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:25 PM
    I'm coming from the iPhone 5 and been a iPhone user since 3gs.

Note 4 is a great phone. Yet most of the customization I have done with the note 4 was to have things be a bit cleaner like the iPhone. Such as the text message, switched to textra and email integration with the app mailbox etc etc.

I see many people on android forums working hard to get there android phone as minimalistic and streamlined as possible, to the point where it's basically an ios look a like.

Honestly without all this gimmicks included with android. It's not that different from ios.

There are some features I miss from the iPhone. But there are some features with the note 4 I don't think I could give up easily either.
    10-30-2014 10:37 PM
    I'd take a note 2 over a iPhone 6 plus.
    TheDonJ77 and anon(9144744) like this.
    10-30-2014 11:03 PM
    I'd take a note 2 over a iPhone 6 plus.
    Well, there is always a minority point of view.

FFR likes this.
    10-31-2014 04:38 AM
115 1234 ...