05-25-2015 03:38 AM
115 ... 2345
tools
    I'll trade my note 4 for your plus. Send me a message. I'm on att and it's like new. Had it 2 weeks. White.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Don't do it

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-05-2014 02:59 AM
    You've missed my point. At the time the iPhone first came out, RIM dismissed it as a novelty item. Even as it roared past RIM in sales, the company did not think they were in any danger whatsoever.

Apple is now doing the same thing from a Corporate standpoint. The first couple of iPhones were met with "wow" and "revolutionary" type of responses from the market. Increasingly it has turned into "that's it?"

I'm not saying iOS sucks, it is a great platform. But it has definitely matured, akin to where Blackberry was around the time the iPhone first burst onto the scene. Corporately, Apple doesn't seem very inclined to do anything about it--much like RIM in the 2005-2008 time frame. Blackberry had an enormous market share at the time, and RIM felt somewhat invincible/untouchable because of the way their systems worked.

It is the danger of every corporation, when they transition from cutting edge, explosive start up to mature, established giant in the market. How do you maintain the vision that made you great when you were climbing to the top?

Microsoft, General Motors, IBM, Starbucks, Wal-Mart--they've all had to deal with this same struggle.
    I could not agree with you more.

I think what keeps Apple successful is that they always have the end-user in mind. As long as that's their focus, they should do pretty well.
    I could not disagree with you more
    11-05-2014 04:13 AM
    ^ Tens of millions of people may disagree with you on that point.

Danger_Mouse#AC likes this.
    11-05-2014 04:15 AM
    I have never had the urge or lure towards an iPhone. Whilst I think they are great devices, I just prefer Android to ios.

You could have once argued that ios is more stable and for that a better platform. However Android has stepped it up and the differences in stability are so marginal.

The 6 plus in no way utilises the real estate as well as the Note 4. Apple implemented a double tap to minimise the screen for a select amount of time. They made use of orientation aspects and that is that.

The Note range dominates this area and there are other large screen devices that have done a better job than Apple. It's not all Samsung as stated there are others that have done a great job the G3 for example but one thing all are Android.

Apple with their 4.7" iPhone 6 is more their field and I think they should have focused on that a bit more and forgot about the 6 plus as the latter is out of Apple's comfort zone.

11-05-2014 04:27 AM
    I like this video review. This review seems honest to me. I watched this video right before I went to T-Mobile and got the Note 4.

raziel likes this.
    11-05-2014 04:27 AM
    I'm am android guy. I love widgets in android and other customization options, so that's why I'd stay with Android. As far as the note, S Pen and removable battery are huge for me
    11-05-2014 05:14 AM
    iphone 6 plus will be better as viewing its looking and features.
    11-05-2014 05:26 AM
    Why not doctor? I love eh note but just feel the apps work better in the iPhone. Importing PDF S from Gmail is a breeze w iPhone. Not so much with note.

11-05-2014 05:28 AM
    Have a look at the Nokia 1620. It's 6" of beautiful Windows Phone,
    I'm guessing you meant the 1520? It is an awesome phone but I've just ditched and came back to Android for now. WP has came on leaps and bounds lately but not quite there yet and still a few essential apps (for me) still missing. Windows 10 will surely address that issue with universal apps across pc/tablet/phone.

sent from my Galaxy s5
    11-05-2014 05:29 AM
    Why not doctor? I love eh note but just feel the apps work better in the iPhone. Importing PDF S from Gmail is a breeze w iPhone. Not so much with note.

How do you find it difficult to open a PDF with Android or a Note 4?
    11-05-2014 06:13 AM

Really????
    11-05-2014 08:25 AM
    I made the switch from iphone 5 to Note 4. The iPhone 6 Plus is basically just as big as the Note 4, yet has a smaller screen lol. Seems like the iPhone 6 Plus is just big just to be "big". Also even though the Note's screen is bigger than the iPhone 6 Plus screen, surprisingly the Note feels better in hand.(to me at least)
    11-05-2014 09:14 AM
    I wouldn't compare to the note 4. If your switching from some to android I would strongly suggest getting a device with stock or close to stock android

Nexus 6, Droid Turbo, new Moto X, our even the HTC one M8

The fluidity of the UI in these devices is comparable to iOS 8
    There is no lack of "fluidity" on the Note 4. If you've opened a lot of apps, there is a brief delay when pressing the recent apps key, and occasionally there is a stutter when moving from the home screen to the next screen, which is cured by either turning animations down/off or using the Google Now or Nova launcher.
    11-05-2014 02:51 PM
    This thread is great. I, too, have just made the switch from iPhone to Note 4. The bottom line for me was that after using iPhones for 6 years I ultimately felt like I was paying a couple hundred bucks to basically get the same phone. Was it a good phone? sure. But I was so bored I wasn't even excited to upgrade anymore.

I, too, have an iPad and MacBook Pro. I love them both. I continue to use them both. I actually LIKE that my phone isn't linked with them, that it's its own separate entity.

I still don't feel like I've tapped into all my Note 4 is capable of, not even close. I have a lot to learn, but at least I am LEARNING SOMETHING NEW and not just doing the same thing I did for 6 years. Not having iMessage is a bummer. I never used FaceTime so I don't miss that feature.

What it comes down to is what you really want. If you're comfortable with iPhone and not bored with it, it's an easy switch. You definitely will have a learning curve on a Note 4, but I'm finding it fun to figure out all of the new, fun stuff my phone can do. It does all of the things my iPhone did and more, and the display is amazing on the Note 4. I have found these forums remarkably helpful.

That's my advice, from a novice. For what it's worth.
    heathersimon likes this.
    11-05-2014 03:12 PM
    The iPhone is great in its own right but they have never appealed to me. The basic Ui and bland features and locked in ecosystem nah I just couldn't.

Yes Android is not the same and I heard recently "atleast when an iPhone gets an update they all get the same one" he did then mention that because of TW and optimus for example will get an update to say 5.0 but will be skinned".

However I do see things becoming a bit more uniform with Android but I like that there are variation and why should everything be the same?

If you want an iPhone that's great and if you find ios enough then that is personal choice.

Me personally I like the fun and open nature of Android :-)

11-05-2014 04:42 PM
    I have been playing with some features that I hadn't gotten to yet today. The smart remote feature is killer for those who haven't used it yet.

11-05-2014 06:54 PM
    Both phones can play games, browse the web, play music, play videos, etc etc etc.

It's an endless debate of which ones better because it's a subjective question.

Although based off sales statistics Apple is the superior product.

Call it marketing, or deem yourself intellectually smarter just because of the brand of phone you buy. But Apple is doing something right. It's not easy to sell 20 million units in few weeks. And routinely hit record numbers every year if there product "sucks".
    11-05-2014 09:38 PM
    Note 4. I owned the original iPhone, 3GS, 4, 4S and my last iPhone was the 5S. The 6 Plus brings nothing new to the table. I switched to the Note 4 and love the phone but more importantly love the Android OS. SO much more customizable than iOS. Smooth as butter and the hardware of the Note 4 trumps the 6 Plus in my opinion. Go for the next big thing like I did.
    11-05-2014 09:43 PM
    I'm an Apple-cult survivor. I was overwhelmed by the iPhone when it was introduced. While Apple didn't invent the smartphone, but they certainly redefined it as a revolutionary new device. I was glad to pay top-dollar, give up the replaceable battery and the extendable memory. I was happy to submit to the Apple ecosystem with all it's limitations, because it gave me a sense of security.

Now, seven years later, I've matured, and I see the iPhone for what it really is; an over-priced and under-performing smartphone compared to most of it's competitors. Feature-for-feature; the iPhone falls short on many, matches on several and surpasses on few of it's competitors in the smartphone market. Apple has rested on its laurels for much too long, assuming that the "cult" would remain faithful for all time, I suppose, but you can only fool some of the people some of the time; most people can think for themselves.
    iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    11-06-2014 11:15 AM
    Now, seven years later, I've matured, and I see the iPhone for what it really is; an over-priced and under-performing smartphone compared to most of it's competitors. Feature-for-feature; the iPhone falls short on many, matches on several and surpasses on few of it's competitors in the smartphone market.
    Honestly this can be said about Android phones as well though ... Some do some things better .. Some do worse .. Some do it equal.

iPhone isn't a horrible phone .. it just doesn't fit your needs .. but for many it works since they may not care about customizing their phone and things. It doesn't mean they are wrong .. just means that isn't their fancy.
    11-06-2014 11:31 AM
    I did realize today why my battery life on my Note 4 is slightly worse than my iPhone 6 Plus. I realized that I actually use my Note more during the day. I take all of my notes with it versus using post-its. Also, I use the S-pen all day long. It is rare that I don't use the S-pen. I think that drains the battery a little more than usual. And battery life has still been good. I have about an hour and fifteen minutes remaining in my workday and I still have 50 percent left. I am very happy with that.

11-06-2014 03:18 PM
    I did realize today why my battery life on my Note 4 is slightly worse than my iPhone 6 Plus. I realized that I actually use my Note more during the day. I take all of my notes with it versus using post-its. Also, I use the S-pen all day long. It is rare that I don't use the S-pen. I think that drains the battery a little more than usual. And battery life has still been good. I have about an hour and fifteen minutes remaining in my workday and I still have 50 percent left. I am very happy with that.

Plus you can always carry a spare!
    11-06-2014 05:39 PM
    I just love the Samsung superamoled displays over apples, the pixel density on this phone is ridiculous

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 ™
    11-07-2014 11:53 AM
    Try the Note 4, if you don't like it take it back and exchange it for the iPhone 6+. Be sure to ask the rep how long you have to return it and if there are any fees associated with returning it and exchanging for a different phone. This way you can experience it and see if you like it or if you prefer the Applie iOS, either will you will have tried it and know what is best for you.
    11-07-2014 01:42 PM
    Just had a looksie at the iPhone 6 Plus and it's a nice device, Fast & Fluid and build is nice but what is it with the competition to get the thinnest?

That I don't like and the apple ecosystem, but in terms of the device & system then I can't fault it.

I did notice that the speaker has a nice sound and the screen was nice, not as good as the Note 4's obviously lol

iOSConvert2k14 likes this.
    11-07-2014 02:07 PM
115 ... 2345