05-25-2015 04:38 AM
115 ... 345
tools
    Here's a comprehensive comparison between the phones:

iPhone 6 Plus vs. Galaxy Note 4: The Big Bang - GSMArena.com
    11-07-2014 03:40 PM
    Does anyone see a pattern for which phone the most respected reviewers are favoring?
    11-07-2014 03:58 PM
    Does anyone see a pattern for which phone the most respected reviewers are favoring?
    I think it really comes down to what you are looking for in your smartphone experience. I see the awesomeness in both devices.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-07-2014 05:38 PM
    Listen, samsung is running to the ground... just like Nokia...just like Blackberry....

.their major stores are closing one by one... most are not reported...
    the models of phones they launch are guaranteed Flops.. ignored...
    their own mobile division forecast is saying 2015 is going to be worse than 2014 which they loss profit by a massive,division closing 74%....
    . There are 40 million units of unsold galaxy S5 in all their warehouses globally...to cut their losses...

. they would rebrand it as the galaxy s6...... Buy a samsung? regret it in 2015.. why pay for a pricey samsung when you could get a better built , more elegant SONY , HTC , LG..MOTO.. iPhone 6/6plus...
    01-01-2015 07:08 AM
    You criticize Samsung profits but the other Androids that you mentioned have pretty much made no profit at all.

Please post where on Samsung's website (and not just some rumor) that Samsung would re brand the s5 as the s6.

Please advise on an Android phablet that has high end specs, removable battery and microSD slot and flat back that works on Verizon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    01-01-2015 11:03 AM
    Listen, samsung is running to the ground... just like Nokia...just like Blackberry....

.their major stores are closing one by one... most are not reported...
    the models of phones they launch are guaranteed Flops.. ignored...
    their own mobile division forecast is saying 2015 is going to be worse than 2014 which they loss profit by a massive,division closing 74%....
    . There are 40 million units of unsold galaxy S5 in all their warehouses globally...to cut their losses...

. they would rebrand it as the galaxy s6...... Buy a samsung? regret it in 2015.. why pay for a pricey samsung when you could get a better built , more elegant SONY , HTC , LG..MOTO.. iPhone 6/6plus...
    Troll much

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 11:33 AM
    I've been a long term iPhone user and have an iPad and MacBook Pro. I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Note 4 instead of iPhone 6 Plus. Has anyone done this? Are you satisfied?
    I have both..
    Six plus have high quality body. Better camera in brightnes and more better vattery and fastest smartphone in searching and web browsing.
    But Note 4 have plenty of option. Have s pen. Thats good for student. Better camera in darkness.
    Tell us your requirment..

Posted via Galaxy note4
    natehoy likes this.
    03-23-2015 11:23 PM
    I have both..
    Six plus have high quality body. Better camera in brightnes and more better vattery and fastest smartphone in searching and web browsing.
    But Note 4 have plenty of option. Have s pen. Thats good for student. Better camera in darkness.
    Tell us your requirment..

Posted via Galaxy note4
    Just to point out that the OP posted this way back in October. I'm sure that they have picked a phone to buy now after all these months.
    03-24-2015 02:16 AM
    Just to point out that the OP posted this way back in October. I'm sure that they have picked a phone to buy now after all these months.
    Why would someone have two phones anyway? Seems like a waste of money to me. I would always be using one over the other. But then again...to each his own.
    03-24-2015 06:48 AM
    DO NOT DO THAT!!!! You will regret that. I have one and wish i had never ever bought that crap. Actually this is my second Note4, the already replaced that first one and tomorrow I''ll be going bac and tell them I want my money back. Used to have Nokia N8 and thought I buy something better.After buying Note4 I have realised that my 3 years old Nokia was fan-boody-tastic mobile compared to Note4. This is an absolute crap. Half the stuff it downloads from emails you get it can't open. It for ever keep updating every few hours all that crap Samsung installed on it and you can't get rid of and heaps of other stuff about it I absolutelly hate.😤
    05-24-2015 12:00 AM
    Make sure you dont buy that crap!!!!
    05-24-2015 12:02 AM
    Hopefully the OP has made a decision by now, but I'll throw my 2 cents out there for any iPhone users considering a switch. I'll start by saying that I LOVE Apple products. I own a Mac and love it. I have AppleTV and love it. I have a 2TB Apple Time Capsule and love it. I had an iPod (the 1st gen that played video) and I loved it. My 1st Gen iPad still works great. I also had an iPhone 3GS and 4S and I loved both of them as well. Great company, great products. And let's face it, they came up with some next level ish when they introduced the iPod and then the iPhone. Props to the OG of smartphones.

That said, I am in-farging-love with my Note 4. Sure, we're still in the honeymoon stage because I've only had it for a week, but it's giving me the Android experience that I was hoping for when I switched last year and got the Galaxy S5. The Note 4 is fantastic if you're looking for a smartphone on steroids.

What makes Apple so great with computers is also what hurts it with phones and tablets, imo. An Apple computer is pretty much built 100% by Apple. They design the OS, they get all of the hardware and components that will function the best with their OS and then they put it in their own case. But when it comes to a Windows PC, Microsoft only supplies the OS and then different companies like Dell, HP, Sony, Samsung, etc, all make their own little tweaks and adjustments. They use different processors and components and screens and cases. No Windows PC is actually designed to run the Windows OS at 100% of it's potential and that makes for varying levels of enjoyment or frustration when operating a Windows PC....depending on the manufacturer and model of the PC you are using.

Now, you'd think that that concept would carry over to phones and tablets. You'd be wrong. The "openness" of Android is what makes it so different, and in many ways, better than iPhone. Each cell phone manufacturer has their own features and functions that they can put into their Android phones. 1 company might focus on putting in a crazy good camera (I think it's the Nokia Lumina that went with an absurd 40something mexapixel camera), while another company might want to have a superior voice command system in place. What drew me to Samsung was their multitasking features. I know that other phones have them as well, but the Note 4 seemed like a phone that I could easily integrate with my job and be productive when I'm out of the office, and still be able to use many of those same features for my own personal enjoyment and entertainment.

My Mac doesn't really do anything that a Windows PC can't do. They both have all of the same functions. I prefer Mac because it offers a significantly more stable operating system and they have a much longer shelf life than a Windows computer. But when it comes to phones, there are literally dozens upon dozens of things that I can do with my Note 4 that I could never do with my iPhone. Yes, any Android phone you get is going to be a little more "glitchy" than the iPhone, but iPhone is still very limited in what you can do with it. My g/f got the iPhone 6 a few months back and other than the bigger screen, I honestly don't see very many improvements in the actual capabilities of the phone. It's a great phone, don't get me wrong. You'll probably never hear me say anything bad about an Apple product. But just as iPhone was some next level ish when it was introduced, the Android line of phones, and specifically the Note 4, have taken things to a whole other level.

There are some downsides. Each cell phone carrier is going to put their own bloatware all over your phone and you can't get rid of it, but you can disable it and hide the app icons. Each manufacturer is also going to have a few of their own apps that you might find useless but can't get rid of either. It's like buying a new PC and booting it up and having Netscape and AOL icons on your desktop (are those even a thing anymore? That's how long I've been with Mac). Another downside is that if you are heavily invested in iOS apps then you're going to have to buy them all over again.

The upsides (outside of the Note 4 just being pretty awesome) are the removable battery and expandable memory. The only reason I upgraded my iPhone 3GS to the 4S was because my battery took a dump. If the battery in my Note 4 goes bad, that will suck, but I can replace it for like $15-20. I also love having the expandable memory slot for a micro sd card. 32 gigs internal storage and you can add up to 128 gigs with a memory card. Once you buy an iPhone, you're stuck with whatever storage capacity you decided to go with. Lastly, the phone charges with a standard micro USB cord. I've got a gazillion of those cables around my house thanks to various devices I've bought over the years. If there's one thing that Apple is really being a d*ck about, it's wanting to have their own unique charging cable. 1st it was the 30 pin, now it's the lightning cable (or whatever they call it). Either way, it's a pita. There. That's the 1 bad thing I'll say about Apple. Their charging cables blow.

If Apple were to ever release a "professional grade" iPhone that mimicked the Note 4, I'd probably jump on it in a heartbeat, but for now (and the next 23 months of my contract), I'll be sticking with the Note.
    05-24-2015 01:18 AM
    DO NOT DO THAT!!!! You will regret that. I have one and wish i had never ever bought that crap. Actually this is my second Note4, the already replaced that first one and tomorrow I''ll be going bac and tell them I want my money back. Used to have Nokia N8 and thought I buy something better.After buying Note4 I have realised that my 3 years old Nokia was fan-boody-tastic mobile compared to Note4. This is an absolute crap. Half the stuff it downloads from emails you get it can't open. It for ever keep updating every few hours all that crap Samsung installed on it and you can't get rid of and heaps of other stuff about it I absolutelly hate.😤
    Sorry for being straight up but your comment clearly show that you either don't know how to use Android or maybe you don't actually own a real note 4.
    05-24-2015 02:46 AM
    I used to have a 3GS and 4S. Used iPhone for 5 years. There was nothing bad about iPhone, but I felt that I was being trapped in the Apple ecosystem and decided to try something else. After all, I could always go back. Nothing is forever and it's not as if other systems are totally unusable.
    So I tried Windows Phone and then a Nexus 5 and now I'm using the Note 4. I still have a usable 4S and can switch Sim cards whenever I want to. I was using the 4S, Lumia 920, and the Nexus interchangeably and ended up using the Nexus 5 all the time. I just liked it better.
    The Note can be overwhelming because of all the functions. After using it for a few months I still discover something new every week. I couldn't use anything else right now. If I ever tried something else again it would likely be another Android device though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2015 08:29 AM
    I am sure the original poster has already decided. I went from an iPhone 5 to a Note 3 and overall it was a pretty easy experience. This was mainly because I had always opted to use Gmail and so all my contacts and email was already in the Google ecosystem and not in Apple's. I never really used Apple email because it is so limiting in that you can't have your own domain like you can with Gmail for Business.

When the Note 4 came out and did upgrade and mainly did so for the fingerprint scanner. Though I can tell you I have been disappointed. It doesn't work very well and I eventually opted to just to turn it off. It seems to forget your fingerprints and you have to renew them ever so often. Which is weird!

My biggest beef with the Note 4 using it for music. The bluetooth skipping is horrid and it doesn't matter if you put the music on your device or stream it from Rhapsody or Spotify the darn thing will skip like crazy, unless you leave the display on. Google has known this is an issue for a long time and I am not sure this is really a Samsung issue as much as it is Google's android. However, the internet is full of complaints about this issue. So, for me the Note 4 is useless for streaming music via bluetooth in my car. Though in order to make it work I've had to resort to plugging it into a car charger so I can leave the display on. This shouldn't be the case with a flagship devices like Note 4.

The only other issue I have is the crappy new notification system in Lollipop what a step backwards this was. Hate it! Google's attention to detail is utter crap.

Overall I still do like my Note 4, but if I knew what I know today there isn't enough customization and other useful stuff that Android offers me that Apple doesn't. I realize this isn't the case for everyone but it is for me and if I was going to buy a phone today. I'd get the iPhone 6 plus hands down! Mainly because of the music situation and the fact is that since this problem goes back several versions of Android it isn't likely going to be fixed.

My son and I took a 4 hour 1 way trip this weekend and we used his iPhone 6 to stream to my cars head unit. It never skipped a beat a single time. We didn't have to leave the display on and plug it into charger either.
    05-25-2015 04:38 AM
115 ... 345