Should I get the iPhone 6 Plus or the Samsung Note 4?

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Switch from iPhone to Samsung Note 4

As someone here stated before, if you're happy with your current iPhone and don't wish you could do more with it buy the iPhone 6. If you want to do more and have quality that you can mold to you and your life buy the Note 4.

I was a long time iPhone user but always found myself saying "I wish I could do (this or that) with my phone." Or "If only my phone could xxxx." Thinking I couldn't be the only person wanting those things I would search to see if I was just missing how to do it on the phone. Only to find that there were lots of android devices with those abilities. So basically, if you're ok with molding the way you do things to Apple's way then continue with iPhone. If you like your way get the Note 4. I did and haven't regretted it for a minute. Just imagine being on a call and being able to do other things on your phone while on the call! Makes me smile every time I can do that now because I know I made the right choice.

And switching from the iPhone to the Note was a breeze. Don't listen to all these naysayers who say it's hard. It's not. In fact, I was able to load everything from my iPhone to my Note much faster than when I had to get my iPhone switched out a few months ago. Use Samsung's Smart Switch and iSyncer and your set with everything that was on your iPhone on your new (and much nicer) phone in not time. The only thing that didn't synch as easily was some apps that I had in folders on my iphone, which was no big deal because I was happy to do some housecleaning by not downloading little used apps.

And the notifications and ability to add so many great widgets to your screens makes the OS so much nicer.

Yeah I do miss iMessenger a bit and not having FaceTime will be an impact too. But I still have my iMac and iPad for those things and I can easily synch all my stuff so I'm good.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

As someone here stated before, if you're happy with your current iPhone and don't wish you could do more with it buy the iPhone 6. If you want to do more and have quality that you can mold to you and your life buy the Note 4.

I was a long time iPhone user but always found myself saying "I wish I could do (this or that) with my phone." Or "If only my phone could xxxx." Thinking I couldn't be the only person wanting those things I would search to see if I was just missing how to do it on the phone. Only to find that there were lots of android devices with those abilities. So basically, if you're ok with molding the way you do things to Apple's way then continue with iPhone. If you like your way get the Note 4. I did and haven't regretted it for a minute. Just imagine being on a call and being able to do other things on your phone while on the call! Makes me smile every time I can do that now because I know I made the right choice.

And switching from the iPhone to the Note was a breeze. Don't listen to all these naysayers who say it's hard. It's not. In fact, I was able to load everything from my iPhone to my Note much faster than when I had to get my iPhone switched out a few months ago. Use Samsung's Smart Switch and iSyncer and your set with everything that was on your iPhone on your new (and much nicer) phone in not time. The only thing that didn't synch as easily was some apps that I had in folders on my iphone, which was no big deal because I was happy to do some housecleaning by not downloading little used apps.

And the notifications and ability to add so many great widgets to your screens makes the OS so much nicer.

Yeah I do miss iMessenger a bit and not having FaceTime will be an impact too. But I still have my iMac and iPad for those things and I can easily synch all my stuff so I'm good.

Maybe one of these will help: http://joyofandroid.com/how-to-facetime-on-android/

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. Yeah, I've used Google Hangouts for this with others already and set it up on my daughter's iPod so we can still text each other. But trying to explain google hangouts to people over 60... HA! That's the good thing about iOS, even non-techy types can use it. I understand that hangouts is easy enough but if it requires a download, separate login/password and a different icon... big time stress for some. But like I said, I still have all the other Apple ecosystem options available for those instances so not a big deal.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

It's interesting to me that when the first iPhone was released, everyone was crushing Blackberry for "sticking with the formula" with their phones, and eventually the iPhone overwhelmed the company.

Now, here we are 7-8 generations of iOS later, and you could make the same argument about Apple for the last 3-4 versions of iOS, but nobody is killing them for it quite the way Blackberry got killed.

OP, I don't think you'll be disappointed to move over to the Note 4. The features it offers simply can't be matched by the 6+. At best there are some things the 6+ does that are on par with the Note 4. But there are many things it simply can't match. You couldn't have said that about an iOS device, compared to an Android device, as little as 2 years ago. Apple is definitely in danger of getting caught being complacent like RIM did.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

It's interesting to me that when the first iPhone was released, everyone was crushing Blackberry for "sticking with the formula" with their phones, and eventually the iPhone overwhelmed the company.

Now, here we are 7-8 generations of iOS later, and you could make the same argument about Apple for the last 3-4 versions of iOS, but nobody is killing them for it quite the way Blackberry got killed.

OP, I don't think you'll be disappointed to move over to the Note 4. The features it offers simply can't be matched by the 6+. At best there are some things the 6+ does that are on par with the Note 4. But there are many things it simply can't match. You couldn't have said that about an iOS device, compared to an Android device, as little as 2 years ago. Apple is definitely in danger of getting caught being complacent like RIM did.

I don't know about this.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

iOS 8 has come pretty well versus blackberry upgrades...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't know about this.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

To the OP, not trying to be "that dude" but I say just stick with your IP6+. Your fond of it and don't really seem to be receptive to others opinion on how they feel about the note 4 over the 6+. All in all just stick with what's best 4u. I tried the 6 when it came out to see what ios8 and the "bigger" iphone would be and left vastly unimpressed. While the phone is beautifully crafted with a great camera, outside of that, IOS is simply boring, at least for me. That's why I choose Android and the note 4. I like options and customizations. Choose, but choose wisely.

bapte

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm coming from the iPhone 5 and been a iPhone user since 3gs.

Note 4 is a great phone. Yet most of the customization I have done with the note 4 was to have things be a bit cleaner like the iPhone. Such as the text message, switched to textra and email integration with the app mailbox etc etc.

I see many people on android forums working hard to get there android phone as minimalistic and streamlined as possible, to the point where it's basically an ios look a like.

Honestly without all this gimmicks included with android. It's not that different from ios.

There are some features I miss from the iPhone. But there are some features with the note 4 I don't think I could give up easily either.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

iOS 8 has come pretty well versus blackberry upgrades...

You've missed my point. At the time the iPhone first came out, RIM dismissed it as a novelty item. Even as it roared past RIM in sales, the company did not think they were in any danger whatsoever.

Apple is now doing the same thing from a Corporate standpoint. The first couple of iPhones were met with "wow" and "revolutionary" type of responses from the market. Increasingly it has turned into "that's it?"

I'm not saying iOS sucks, it is a great platform. But it has definitely matured, akin to where Blackberry was around the time the iPhone first burst onto the scene. Corporately, Apple doesn't seem very inclined to do anything about it--much like RIM in the 2005-2008 time frame. Blackberry had an enormous market share at the time, and RIM felt somewhat invincible/untouchable because of the way their systems worked.

It is the danger of every corporation, when they transition from cutting edge, explosive start up to mature, established giant in the market. How do you maintain the vision that made you great when you were climbing to the top?

Microsoft, General Motors, IBM, Starbucks, Wal-Mart--they've all had to deal with this same struggle.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You've missed my point. At the time the iPhone first came out, RIM dismissed it as a novelty item. Even as it roared past RIM in sales, the company did not think they were in any danger whatsoever.

Apple is now doing the same thing from a Corporate standpoint. The first couple of iPhones were met with "wow" and "revolutionary" type of responses from the market. Increasingly it has turned into "that's it?"

I'm not saying iOS sucks, it is a great platform. But it has definitely matured, akin to where Blackberry was around the time the iPhone first burst onto the scene. Corporately, Apple doesn't seem very inclined to do anything about it--much like RIM in the 2005-2008 time frame. Blackberry had an enormous market share at the time, and RIM felt somewhat invincible/untouchable because of the way their systems worked.

It is the danger of every corporation, when they transition from cutting edge, explosive start up to mature, established giant in the market. How do you maintain the vision that made you great when you were climbing to the top?

Microsoft, General Motors, IBM, Starbucks, Wal-Mart--they've all had to deal with this same struggle.

But iPhone isn't really suffering if you take everything into perspective. Sure Android is surpassing iPhone but .. iPhone holds 34% or something if memory serves me correctly? So that is 1 .. 1 phone .. 1 manufacturer holding that with their 1 phone. Android does have a ton of good flagships but they also do have a lot of low end "budget" phones which helps adds to their numbers.

Also I believe Apple isn't being content .. They added many new features to iOS 8 that people wanted and requested -- and they also are adding that continuity feature which I think is pretty neat.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

But iPhone isn't really suffering if you take everything into perspective. Sure Android is surpassing iPhone but .. iPhone holds 34% or something if memory serves me correctly? So that is 1 .. 1 phone .. 1 manufacturer holding that with their 1 phone. Android does have a ton of good flagships but they also do have a lot of low end "budget" phones which helps adds to their numbers.

Also I believe Apple isn't being content .. They added many new features to iOS 8 that people wanted and requested -- and they also are adding that continuity feature which I think is pretty neat.

Substitute "RIM" for "Apple" in your post, and you're sounding an awful lot like the Crackberry crowd back in '07.

Again--you're right, there is nothing inherently wrong with the iOS ecosystem now. My point is, there was nothing wrong with the Blackberry ecosystem back then, either. But they got complacent and didn't see the need to adapt to the market. Sure, Apple is adding features, but let's be fair, a lot of those features are things that Android has been doing already for quite some time. That was unheard of when Apple was driving the market. Sure, they own a decent marketshare, but RIM owned an even larger one and they were able to be toppled.

I'm really not trying to make this an "Apple sucks" rant. Just saying that they are dangerously close to being caught in the complacency trap. Jobs is gone, the company is no longer the new kid on the block, they're closer to becoming the old man yelling from the front porch at all the loud noises out in the street.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Substitute "RIM" for "Apple" in your post, and you're sounding an awful lot like the Crackberry crowd back in '07.

Again--you're right, there is nothing inherently wrong with the iOS ecosystem now. My point is, there was nothing wrong with the Blackberry ecosystem back then, either. But they got complacent and didn't see the need to adapt to the market. Sure, Apple is adding features, but let's be fair, a lot of those features are things that Android has been doing already for quite some time. That was unheard of when Apple was driving the market. Sure, they own a decent marketshare, but RIM owned an even larger one and they were able to be toppled.

I'm really not trying to make this an "Apple sucks" rant. Just saying that they are dangerously close to being caught in the complacency trap. Jobs is gone, the company is no longer the new kid on the block, they're closer to becoming the old man yelling from the front porch at all the loud noises out in the street.

Well .. Also let's take this into perspective ... RIM was only so popular due to the fact that they were around before Apple and businesses used them a ton since they were approved .. So a lot of their market share was simply due to no choice. With Android and Apple there is choice yet .. There are still a ton of people on Apple -- WAY different circumstances than when it was RIM versus Apple -- There was only those 2 choices and Apple was the new thing on the block with new things that no one saw before (at least done in that way) -- Apple and Android as you said basically mimic each other now in functionality so now people usually switch to the one they prefer .. since we can all do the same stuff -- whereas back in the day that wasn't the case.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Well .. Also let's take this into perspective ... RIM was only so popular due to the fact that they were around before Apple and businesses used them a ton since they were approved .. So a lot of their market share was simply due to no choice. With Android and Apple there is choice yet .. There are still a ton of people on Apple -- WAY different circumstances than when it was RIM versus Apple -- There was only those 2 choices and Apple was the new thing on the block with new things that no one saw before (at least done in that way) -- Apple and Android as you said basically mimic each other now in functionality so now people usually switch to the one they prefer .. since we can all do the same stuff -- whereas back in the day that wasn't the case.

Not exactly true. WinMo certainly didn't have the marketshare that Apple or Android enjoys now, but it was a viable competitor to some degree in that time. Outside the US, Nokia had a pretty solid platform with Symbian before the rise of Apple and Android.

Which is again why I point to Apple needing to gain a healthy dose of cautionary perspective. RIM dominated the US marketplace to a level it felt, to a degree, made them untouchable. They saw their growth and opportunity outside the US, taking on Symbian.

My point is, I want to see Apple remain a healthy and viable platform, and succeed on its own merits, not just because it is a gorilla in the room. If they can remain a healthy competitor in this market, then it will keep Android pushing the envelope as well. The last thing we as end users want is to have both camps get fat, dumb, and happy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My point is, I want to see Apple remain a healthy and viable platform, and succeed on its own merits, not just because it is a gorilla in the room. If they can remain a healthy competitor in this market, then it will keep Android pushing the envelope as well. The last thing we as end users want is to have both camps get fat, dumb, and happy.

I believe they will -- They are listening. They may not be making insane changes but iOS 8 + the new iPhones means they're listening to what people want and bringing it to them .. even if it has the Apple spin on it .. They're not just sitting there doing nothing and being content.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I believe they will -- They are listening. They may not be making insane changes but iOS 8 + the new iPhones means they're listening to what people want and bringing it to them .. even if it has the Apple spin on it .. They're not just sitting there doing nothing and being content.

I think what keeps Apple successful is that they always have the end-user in mind. As long as that's their focus, they should do pretty well.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Had the first Iphone thru the 4th one, and then went with the Note 1 back in 2011 and never looked back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance