09-03-2015 10:50 AM
36 12
tools
    I have used the same speed test on my note 4, my wife iPhone 5s, and my macbook....

note 4: 5.78 Mbps download and 6.56 Mbpsupload 45 ping
    iPhone 5s 27.63 Mbps download 5.80 upload and 38 ping
    macbook 29.44 Mbps download 5.89 upload and 32 ping.

I turned off the mobile network and just used wifi on my note 4. have forget network and reconnected. Restarted everything and still getting same results... Anybody else having this problem? any suggestions??
    10-27-2014 11:17 PM
    Hm not sure what could cause it. Below is an LTE test and a wifi test I did.. Both are what they should be. The wifi I use at home is 5 GHz set to the AC standard.

Is it like this on all wifi networks for you? Or just the one?
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Slow WiFi speeds... HELP!!!!-1414467811377.jpg   Note 4 Slow WiFi speeds... HELP!!!!-1414467820086.jpg  
    craig dalton1 likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:43 PM
    What kind of router are you using? Speeds on my phone are just fine. I recently upgraded my router and extender to the Netgear Nighthawk. It made a huge improvement in speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    craig dalton1 likes this.
    10-28-2014 12:35 AM
    Here's my speed test
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Slow WiFi speeds... HELP!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1414471740546.jpg  
    10-28-2014 12:49 AM
    Put the note 4 next to the router and set it to 5ghz and see what speeds you get. Wifi speeds are fine here. This is what I see tethered to a 6p.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-28-2014 01:20 AM
    No problem here
    10-28-2014 09:44 AM
    Did you try rebooting your phone?
    10-28-2014 09:46 AM
    Sorry for the late reply.. The router is the one comcast supplied me with... I have rebooted phone and everything... I turned off optimized connection and it has 10 mbps download... The first few seconds of the test it goes up to 25-30 mbps and then goes down to 10.... My wife iPhone 5s stays up high the whole test.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 10:15 PM
    Also I haven't had a chance to try a different WiFi... I will try Friday night and get back on that question
    Thanks everyone

10-29-2014 10:17 PM
    so what happened you never said I'm having the exact same problem
    12-03-2014 06:10 PM
    Any updates? Experienc I ng the same issues. No problem on other devices like iphones.
    12-04-2014 09:47 PM
    Sorry for the late reply.. The router is the one comcast supplied me with... I have rebooted phone and everything... I turned off optimized connection and it has 10 mbps download... The first few seconds of the test it goes up to 25-30 mbps and then goes down to 10.... My wife iPhone 5s stays up high the whole test.

See if you can update the firmware on your Comcast router. The issue is most likely on the router side.

Older routers like those don't know how to deal with the newer wifi protocols the Note 4 is using.
    12-04-2014 09:59 PM
    Slow no it's not mine is 8mbps tops so count yourself lucky & be greatful.

12-04-2014 10:22 PM
    On a good day
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Slow WiFi speeds... HELP!!!!-1417750039180.jpg  
    12-04-2014 10:27 PM
    I am with Xinity(Comcast)and have the Extreme speed (105Mbs) and there are 3 things that will make your speed amazing. (I speak from experience).
    1)You need a router that can output both a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz bands. (or just the 5Ghz)
    2)You need to connect to the 5Ghz band on your phone (I get an average of 20Mbs on the 2.4Ghz, and an average of 100Mbs on the 5Ghz on this phone).
    3) The cable outside the house that connects you to the box, has to be the black one not the orange one. The black cable is wider in diameter (I think) and allows for a better signal to go thru to your house (especially during high usage from the neighbors).
    FYI: Comcast will claim that the black one is for above ground(air), and the orange is for buried cables.
    12-05-2014 09:23 AM
    Pretty good advice for setting up your WiFi, but it depends on a few factors. 5GHz is great for streaming media. It's faster and supports more data streams. The weakness is passing through walls. It won't do as well as 2.4GHz for that. So if you live in an old brownstone, with your WiFi router on the bottom floor, your phone may not get a great signal on the third floor passing through all the brick walls and heavy floors.

If you're living in a flat, or a newer house, that may not be a problem. I have my DirecTV box connected to our WiFi on the 5GHz band, they are 10 feet from each other, the signal is perfect. Ditto the kid's Xbox. The iPads are also on 5, they tend to watch a lot of YouTube with them, and the antennas are a little bigger. Our phones are on the 2.4, because the signal drops out by the time you get upstairs with it.

That's probably correct on the cable jacket colors, but the colors don't specify a specific size or performance standard. The colors are simply there to make it easier for the technicians to see in the field.

Burial cable doesn't "have" to be orange, any more than indoor/outdoor jacket has to be black, but that tends to be the way it works.

What's more critical is the distance your connection is from the "stump" or distribution panel for your neighborhood. As long as it is within 1,000 feet, (if I am remembering my distances correctly. I don't normally deal with OSP projects so I am fuzzy on those numbers) then RG6 cable should be just fine. If you're outside that distance, they hopefully used RG11 to your house, to reduce signal drop. Its a bigger diameter cable than RG6, and the burial jacket I'm used to seeing with it is usually black. Shorter runs of RG6 burial are often orange. Directv uses this a lot to run from their satellites to your house.

Once it is at your house, RG6 is more than sufficient for supporting the signal to all areas of your house.
    12-05-2014 01:24 PM
    Problem with 2.4 is interference especially if you are in an apartment complex. You can choose a different channel but keep in mind that the channels in close range overlap.

My house is wooden but still gets reduced signal upstairs (my router is downstairs). Granted I only paid $20 for the router (Asus RT-N56U), but the concept still applies. A better router would probably get a better signal but it is adequate

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-06-2014 10:43 AM
    I had this problem as well. I figured it out. The Note 4 is capable of the new/upcoming HD Audio. Therefore it is searching for HD Voice and Enhanced communications over celluar network, 4G LTE, which is a IP connection. I believe this enables audio over wifi or internet. Eitherway, it fights with your wifi, especially with the new cable routers, Motorola, Netgear C6300. On your Note 4 go to settings, data usage, mobile data, and then uncheck"Enhanced 4G LTE Services". This service is not yet available in my area, therefore it was fighting with my wifi because it was looking for a connection. After I unchecked this box my wifi is now working blazing fast, especially the pre-installed Facebook app.
    01-21-2015 01:34 PM
    I had this problem as well. I figured it out. The Note 4 is capable of the new/upcoming HD Voice/Audio. Therefore it is searching for HD Voice and Enhanced communications over celluar network, 4G LTE, which is a IP connection. I believe this enables audio over wifi or internet. Either way, it fights with your wifi, especially with the new cable routers, Motorola, Netgear C6300. On your Note 4 go to settings, data usage, mobile data, and then uncheck"Enhanced 4G LTE Services". This service is not yet available in my area, therefore it was fighting with my wifi because it was looking for a connection. After I unchecked this box my wifi is now working blazing fast, especially the pre-installed Facebook app.
    01-21-2015 01:38 PM
    Hm not sure what could cause it. Below is an LTE test and a wifi test I did.. Both are what they should be. The wifi I use at home is 5 GHz set to the AC standard.

Is it like this on all wifi networks for you? Or just the one?
    I had this problem as well. I figured it out. The Note 4 is capable of the new/upcoming HD Voice/Audio. Therefore it is searching for HD Voice and Enhanced communications over celluar network, 4G LTE, which is a IP connection. I believe this enables audio over wifi or internet. Either way, it fights with your wifi, especially with the new cable routers, Motorola, Netgear C6300. On your Note 4 go to settings, data usage, mobile data, and then uncheck"Enhanced 4G LTE Services". This service is not yet available in my area, therefore it was fighting with my wifi because it was looking for a connection. After I unchecked this box my wifi is now working blazing fast, especially the pre-installed Facebook app.
    01-21-2015 01:51 PM
    I just figured it out. It's power saving mode.

Turned it off, went from 1mbps to 100mbps.
    01-21-2015 05:28 PM
    Turn power saving mode off. Instant fix.
    01-21-2015 05:29 PM
    still not working for me and ive tried everything. driving me nuts. wifi is almost unusable on my note 4. I dont have TMO so I dont have the HD Voice over wifi option.
    01-22-2015 11:23 PM
    called verizon and they are sending me a new note 4... they didnt even give me any bs after I told them everything I had tried. Will update if that works.
    01-25-2015 11:51 AM
    got the new note 4... DIDNT WORK OMG.

ordering a new router from fios (at a new price of 9.99/mo or $99 to purchase)

if that doesnt work ill just rent a botnet and spam samsung and verizon. jesus.

edit: obviously facetiously kidding about the botnet
    01-29-2015 09:17 PM
36 12