12-26-2014 09:25 AM
55 123
tools
    One other note...in bright sunlight the Moto X screen was better. I was not expecting that. All of the above are just my opinions of course.
    Not for nothing, but did you have "auto-brightness" on when using the Note 4 in daylight? It actually gets brighter than the brightest setting and is a lot easier to see. Not sure if the Moto X has that same feature.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    12-22-2014 03:38 PM
    Not for nothing, but did you have "auto-brightness" on when using the Note 4 in daylight? It actually gets brighter than the brightest setting and is a lot easier to see. Not sure if the Moto X has that same feature.
    My wife has the 2014 Moto X and for all the things it does better than the Note 4, the screen is not....one of them. In the outdoor setting, NOTHING touches the Note 4's brightest setting. It simply doesn't. If you are wanting accurate colors, then you wont like it but if your main concern is to be able to use your device and read the text displayed, Moto X has no feature that will come close in direct sunlight.

Moto x was my second choice and I am the first to give it credit for the things it does better than the Note 4, but everything about the screen goes easily to the Note 4. (Aside from Active Display of course.)
    12-22-2014 03:47 PM
    Hi, yes, I had auto on, same with the Moto X. I also have an HTC M8 and it is brighter than the note and Moto X outdoors.
    12-24-2014 12:15 AM
    My wife has the 2014 Moto X and for all the things it does better than the Note 4, the screen is not....one of them. In the outdoor setting, NOTHING touches the Note 4's brightest setting. It simply doesn't. If you are wanting accurate colors, then you wont like it but if your main concern is to be able to use your device and read the text displayed, Moto X has no feature that will come close in direct sunlight.

Moto x was my second choice and I am the first to give it credit for the things it does better than the Note 4, but everything about the screen goes easily to the Note 4. (Aside from Active Display of course.)
    Perhaps there are variances in both the notes and moto x's screens. In my case the X was easily better than the Note 4.
    12-24-2014 12:16 AM
    Perhaps there are variances in both the notes and moto x's screens. In my case the X was easily better than the Note 4.
    That definitely could be possible. I wouldn't doubt it. My dad also has the Moto X 2014 and my screen beats his pretty easily as well. Of course i'm speaking mostly about outdoor, direct sunlight. Nothing in the Moto X in terms of software can come close to the Note 4 on the brightest outdoor setting. Indoors, mine still beats both but it's much closer. The Note 4 has almost 100 more pixels per inch, which I understand that doesn't always mean we'll be able to tell with the naked eye but I think there's a reason most tech reviewers say the Note 4 has the best screen of any smartphone ever. I've never seen a review that said that about the Moto X.
    12-26-2014 09:25 AM
55 123