I don't get a strong Sprint voice signal at my home, and particularly not in the basement. Even when a call is connected, the sound quality is not great. I set up WiFi Calling and connected it to my home WiFi signal, and the call quality is excellent. What a great feature for anyone who lives in a poor signal area -- yeah, I know, Sprint customers! I'm now also able to send text messages from my basement (it used to be that often they would not send, and I'd have to go upstairs to send them).
    10-28-2014 02:36 AM
    I would say yes VOIP over Wi-Fi network are the best trick to get yourself out from the burden of bad reception there are apps available over the store like viber, skype etc. that provides VOIP service, infact tell you a secrete I also use VOIP service when I am at my home !
    10-28-2014 03:43 AM
    I'm on verizon. Which VOIP app would you recommend?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 05:45 AM
    Ok so just stumbled upon this thread and wonder if you could help a noob out pls!! My dad lives in a terrible spot in the UK for signal.when ever you ring him it always goes to answer phone or call breaks up constantly and just disconnects. What is voip and do you both have to be on voip or using same program? Does it cost you money to use??
    Sorry if these are stupid questions but really have no clue. We both have a note 4
    From UK. Ant help would be fabulous thankyou

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 06:21 AM
    My Note 3 has a built-in VoIP app, which works seamlessly, over WiFi and Mobile data...my Note 4 doesn't have it? I have looked everywhere and I can't find it...
    10-28-2014 06:23 AM
    Try google hangouts. You need to install the dialer first. I believe it is voip and is free, but not 100% sure.
    Craig Lawson likes this.
    10-28-2014 06:32 AM
    Hangouts is excellent. I've been using it to make calls in my poor reception areas (Verizon!).
    10-28-2014 08:16 AM
    I don't get a strong Sprint voice signal at my home, and particularly not in the basement. Even when a call is connected, the sound quality is not great. I set up WiFi Calling and connected it to my home WiFi signal, and the call quality is excellent. What a great feature for anyone who lives in a poor signal area -- yeah, I know, Sprint customers! I'm now also able to send text messages from my basement (it used to be that often they would not send, and I'd have to go upstairs to send them).
    Yep I love T-Mobile's WiFi calling -- I can call using my WiFi and text (SMS) and even pictures (MMS) over my WiFi connection. It helps with battery life as well. .
    10-28-2014 09:24 AM
    Viber offers both free call & Video call over WiFi or mobile data! I tested the video call (calling abroad) & the quality is good especially if you have good WiFi signal.

Posted via Tab S 8.4
    10-28-2014 10:47 AM