I Rooted my Sprint Note 4, uninstalled Touchwiz Home launcher and restored it but it keeps crashing, why?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Rooted my Sprint Note 4, uninstalled Touchwiz Home launcher and restored it, keeps crashing.

Hey guys, so I rooted my Note 4 a couple of days ago and got Titanium. Before doing all of this I downloaded Nova Prime and made that my default launcher and I made sure I Backed up TouchWiz Home and TouchWiz easy home. Then I went ahead and uninstalled them with Titanium. Nothing was wrong with the phone after doing that so I went ahead and I restored them both back using Titanium, the only problem now is that Touchwiz easy home seems to work but whenever I try to use Touchwiz Home launcher I get the message "Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home has stopped" This is my first Android device too by the way. Is this a big deal? How would I go about fixing this to stop this error from popping up? I tried going into application manager and clearing data and the cache for Touchwiz Home and restarted the phone but the problem still persists. Should I just uninstall the Touchwiz Home launcher again to just stop this once and for all since I am using Nova Prime as my main launcher now? Thanks so much in advance

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rooted my Sprint Note 4, uninstalled Touchwiz Home launcher and restored it, keeps crashing.

If you're happy with Nova, you honestly don't need TouchWiz at all. There's really not much you need TouchWiz for, as everything the phone can do seems to work just fine with Nova, and Nova's smaller and lighter, plus much more customizable.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Rooted my Sprint Note 4, uninstalled Touchwiz Home launcher and restored it, keeps crashing.

OK sounds great if that's the case I will just go ahead and uninstall it and the touchwiz easy home launcher. I have read online before that Touchwiz shouldn't be deleted because if you wanted to boot the phone in safe mode or to do a factory reset that it won't work if touchwiz isn't there? Is this true or am I misunderstanding? (I may be thinking of the actual ROM and not the launcher) Also I wanted to install Xposed framework and Wanam Xposed, will these work fine with no Touchwiz launcher on the phone? Much appreciated again

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

That I don't know. But as long as you don't need to do those things, you shouldn't need TouchWiz, and if you really needed to do a factory reset, you could reinstall TouchWiz for that, I'd imagine. I'm sure someone with more knowledge into the full intricacies will be around to answer with all the details.

Aziel Oropeza

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

I agree. If you ever need TouchWiz, you can easly just reinstall it since you already have it backed up. So there's nothing to worry about mate

Sent from my GS3R using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae