I just had my first phone call with my new Verizon N4, the call is clear, but the sound is pretty bad. Coming from the moto droid line, It sounds like everything is flat in the N4, no bass or anything.. almost like it isnt even stereo. I had to turn the volume way down because it was actually kind of ear piercing. Are there any adjustments I can make, or is this something I have to live with?

edit: after being on the phone for about 15 minutes, my ear still still feels like there is a knife in it.
    10-28-2014 09:39 AM
    You may want to look into an exchange. I can't comment on the Verizon version (I will ask one of our guys if he has this issue who has the Verizon Note 4) -- I have the T-Mobile one and all my calls (VoLTE and WiFi) are clear and not ear piercing. The only time they're ear piercing is if I crank the volume all the way on the phone.
    10-28-2014 10:20 AM
    I'm on Verizon as well and the sound is very piercing. Bought a moto x and the sound for music and conversations is way better. Love th note features but really having a hard time the sound. It may go back.
    10-28-2014 10:48 AM
    I'm on Verizon as well and the sound is very piercing. Bought a moto x and the sound for music and conversations is way better. Love th note features but really having a hard time the sound. It may go back.
    OK so it isnt just me.. i dont know if samsung's speakers are really bad or if the moto speakers are just amazing.. I think if i dont return it, it will only be because i talk on the phone maybe once every few days.
    10-28-2014 11:01 AM
    I'm on Verizon and haven't noticed any issues. But admittedly I've only had a few calls so far.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-28-2014 11:14 AM
    I'm on Verizon and haven't noticed any issues. But admittedly I've only had a few calls so far.

What phone did you have before this one? I guess if you had a phone that sounded so flat and hollow, you wouldnt notice.
    10-28-2014 11:15 AM
    What phone did you have before this one? I guess if you had a phone that sounded so flat and hollow, you wouldnt notice.
    iPhone 5. I may not have the most discriminating ear, but my VZW Note 4 sounds fine during phone calls. I haven't noticed any difference between it and my iPhone.

I'd take yours back in for an evaluation and/or exchange.

10-28-2014 11:22 AM
    I've had various phones throughout the years.. iPhones, Samsung's, HTC etc. And I haven't seen any real issue with them. I did try Verizon once but left due to the call quality.
    10-28-2014 11:24 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me if there are different components in these phones, as from what I have gathered, the N4 is being made in at least two factories. My speaker and earpiece sound crystal clear. They are very pleasant to listen to.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 12:08 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me if there are different components in these phones, as from what I have gathered, the N4 is being made in at least two factories. My speaker and earpiece sound crystal clear. They are very pleasant to listen to.

Good Point ... The Verizon version has shown changes from the other Note 4s that AT&T / T-Mobile have.
    10-28-2014 12:11 PM
    I believe the Verizon Note 4 is manufactured in China and others in Korea. I think things coming out of Korea are just manufactured better.

10-28-2014 01:58 PM
    I believe the Verizon Note 4 is manufactured in China and others in Korea. I think things coming out of Korea are just manufactured better.

Mine says manufactured in Vietnam and I'm on tmo.

10-28-2014 02:05 PM