Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Shattered rear lens cover:(

Cole Harp

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So I shattered my Note 4 rear lens cover last night when I dropped it from thw height of my pocket. I am 6'3" so it fell a good ways onto some solid concrete. Unfortunately, no case (its is otw now: shipping) So now I am stuck with a shattered rear glass. But good news being the shatter is north of the actual camera lens and it still takes 100% clear pictures. I always keep my phones in mint condition and would like to get it back to that point. Anything I can do at this point? Maybe a link to replacement parts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• download_20141028_101515.jpg
    download_20141028_101515.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 302

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Shattered rear lens cover:(

Damn that Verizon logo is ugly lol.

Anyways I would search on eBay I guess or go to some repair shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cole Harp

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Best coverage haha, but I just called a iFixit shop and they can get it but are charging $99........ PASS.

So my next question, the S5 camera and the Note 4 cameras look all too close to not be the same size. Would this piece from the S5 fit the note 4?

Cole Harp

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

S5 rear camera.. that's close. And I'm sure would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-28-10-26-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-28-10-26-28.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 475

Cole Harp

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Note 4 and S5 same size lens. Will it fit though?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-28-10-37-22-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-28-10-37-22-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 457

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Best coverage haha, but I just called a iFixit shop and they can get it but are charging $99........ PASS.

So my next question, the S5 camera and the Note 4 cameras look all too close to not be the same size. Would this piece from the S5 fit the note 4?

Honestly that's probably the best you'll get now ....and my guess is no ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pgluckydog

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Shattered rear lens cover :(

Got home today and was horrified that my 1 week old Note 4 has a cracked camera lens. NEVER dropped or treated rough - transported in pockets and front seat of car. This thing has been treated like a baby. W T F!? This has to be a design flaw of the most delicate glass ever used on a phone camera lens. Amazingly the camera still functions but it would be nice if there were a replacement glass available. It appears to be a stuck on with tape adhesive . Its tempting to take it off but there is nothing to protect it and it has a circular dark graphic on the back. Man - Just way dissapointed and doesn't look like there are any parts out yet. This totally stinks and I wonder as the days and weeks go by, how many others will post their cracked glass, too. And it would even be better of Samsung stepped up with a fre repair kit for their defective design of this camera lens.

Pgluckydog

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Had to download app to post pics...

Attachments

• 2014-10-31 21-0-53.jpg
    2014-10-31 21-0-53.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 20141031_191201-1.jpg
    20141031_191201-1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 294

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Got home today and was horrified that my 1 week old Note 4 has a cracked camera lens. NEVER dropped or treated rough - transported in pockets and front seat of car. This thing has been treated like a baby. W T F!? This has to be a design flaw of the most delicate glass ever used on a phone camera lens. Amazingly the camera still functions but it would be nice if there were a replacement glass available. It appears to be a stuck on with tape adhesive . Its tempting to take it off but there is nothing to protect it and it has a circular dark graphic on the back. Man - Just way dissapointed and doesn't look like there are any parts out yet. This totally stinks and I wonder as the days and weeks go by, how many others will post their cracked glass, too. And it would even be better of Samsung stepped up with a fre repair kit for their defective design of this camera lens.

A design flaw because YOU broke your camera lens. 5 million phones out there and a few broken lenses doesn't make it a bad design.

LukeJM93

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

A design flaw because YOU broke your camera lens. 5 million phones out there and a few broken lenses doesn't make it a bad design.

This.
I refuse to believe anyone's lense broke of its own accord.

Pgluckydog

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

"Design flaw" may be a harsh. I will clarify and state design weakness. I've never had a phone glass or phone camera lens shatter. This came out of my pocket and no rough handling. Never the slightest drop. The glass lens cover is very thin.

"Only a few breaks?" The phone has only been out a couple weeks and time will only tell. Based on my experience I predict there will be many more. Its a glass sticker and hopefully there is a replacement available soon. In the mean time I've cut out a plastic peace of front cover to take the place of the shattered glass. Doesn't look as nice but functions until spare parts become available. After forking out the $750 cash for this phone (because Verizon unlimited) I'm in no hurry to spend 100 more. And if that were the only option then I'd probably buy a new phone out of principal. Phone is great but just not happy with broken glass however it may have happened. And if I did drop or do something to have cause it, I'd no doubt, fess up.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I had two break on the galaxy s5. Samsung repaired then for $75. It is a crappy lens cover

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis