I called my friend whom I talk to all the time and he says the new Note 4 sounds atrocious on his end. He says its the worst sounding phone I have had in years. I called my own home phone and left a message and it is very poor and staticy. Using the phone regular seems to be ok, but not as good as previous phones. Anyone else having this issue? Did I get a bum phone? Anything I can do on my end?I should mention it sounds great on my end, just his end is bad. He says there is a psh psh psh noise all the time. I didnt hear that on my home phone but it was pretty bad for a modern phone.
    10-28-2014 11:55 AM
    I've had others tell me this too when I have the phone plugged into my car via wire and using Speakerphone. If I unplug it, the sound is improved on their side. If l plug it back in, it sounds ok on their side.
    10-28-2014 12:46 PM
    I just called Telus tech support and put thew guy on speaker and he practically beg me to take it off speaker. I had alread unchecked the noise canceling feature and it made no difference. THis phone is supposed to have 5 mics for noise canceling and yet its the worst phone I ever had on speake.r He told me to get an exchange phone.
    10-28-2014 01:09 PM
    As I mentioned in other threads. I wonder if all N4s have the same quality components? I know now they are being manufactured in at least 3 different locations, Korea, Vietnam, and China.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 01:39 PM
    I just called Telus tech support and put thew guy on speaker and he practically beg me to take it off speaker. I had alread unchecked the noise canceling feature and it made no difference. THis phone is supposed to have 5 mics for noise canceling and yet its the worst phone I ever had on speake.r He told me to get an exchange phone.
    Do you have a case on it? Maybe that's affecting the mics ability to do noise canceling.
    10-28-2014 04:54 PM
    I have been on speaker phone multiple times with several different people and nobody has reported quality issues... could be a case or defective parts. I run my note 4 naked.
    10-28-2014 05:57 PM
    No case. Fresh out of the store it was having issues. I also did a factory reset and its exactly the same. Terrible.
    10-28-2014 09:02 PM
    No case. Fresh out of the store it was having issues. I also did a factory reset and its exactly the same. Terrible.
    Sorry to hear that. I had this happen once when I first got my Droid X. My wife got one too at the same time. One phone sounded terrible when on a phone call, the other phone was fine. We had to return it.

Don't wait too long. Good luck.
    10-29-2014 08:01 AM
    If you are NOT using a case then you need to return the phone ASAP.

Note that many aftermarket cases for the N4 cover up one of the mics on the bottom of the phone making sound quality really bad. It would seem that different carrier versions of the N4 have the mics in slightly different places.
    10-29-2014 08:17 AM
    Quick question... Do you have a case? Also what carrier phone is it?
    10-29-2014 11:15 AM
    Quick question... Do you have a case? Also what carrier phone is it?
    That was answered above - no case.
    10-29-2014 12:35 PM
    That was answered above - no case.
    Bah Yep I missed that post. Just saw this from yesterday and thought before reading .

Yeah I'd exchange.
    10-29-2014 12:37 PM
    If you are NOT using a case then you need to return the phone ASAP.

Note that many aftermarket cases for the N4 cover up one of the mics on the bottom of the phone making sound quality really bad. It would seem that different carrier versions of the N4 have the mics in slightly different places.
    They certainly are placed in slightly different locations. I stole this so I can't give credit.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Very poor sound while on speakerphone-note4-microphonelocations.jpg
    10-29-2014 01:26 PM
    I noticed that when my phone is going thru my car stereo via Bluetooth, the other side can hear me fine, but I can hardly hear them, I have to turn the stereo volume to MAX just to be able to hear them normal. It seems to happen with HD calls, other calls seem to be fine. Anyone noticed this on their phone. (I have SPRINT).
    10-31-2014 08:28 AM
    FWIW I had a very lengthy call on speaker phone with my parents, I have also tested out via Bluetooth in my car and while the car sounds a bit "tinny" going from cell phone to cell phone, there were no comments on the speakerphone quality and it was sufficiently loud for me to hear them on my end.
    10-31-2014 08:55 AM
    Yup just got mine and seems to be an issue.Dang!
    03-13-2015 02:06 PM
    Sorry to day i have the same experience. Love this phone but speakerphone sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2015 05:48 PM