Does the Note 4 improve/fix these horrendous Note 3 issues?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wifi works fine but it worked fine for my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 too.

Camera is much improved over the note 3 especially low light and motion. The 6 plus is still better.

Battery life seems much better. But my iphone 6 plus gets slightly better.

Sd card access on pc is still slow when looking at pictures

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Camera is much improved over the note 3 especially low light and motion. The 6 plus is still better.

You have the Note 4 and Iphone 6+? Oh, I'm jealous...very jealous.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

l No Use For A Name l

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah not going to lie I want to play around and use a 6 + for awhile. Mainly because most of the things I jail-broke an iPhone for when I had it have been fixed .. So the curious side of me wants to play with it :).
My wife has the 6 plus. It's not as good as the note 4 at all..... imo

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited:

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

How do the note 4 and 6 plus camera compare in day light shots with and with out motion?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
IMHO an iPhone 6 plus is no different than using an iPhone 5 or a 6 or an iPad... and that's not a bad thing for 'average' users. For me though, I need more. Thus, I went with Android. And yeah, the Note 4 is much better than the 6 plus, but the iPhone's camera still produces better results in general. A lot of it has to do with the software, but it does. So kudos to Apple for at least having that to their advantage on my list :) Some say the screen on the iPhone looks better than the Note even if the Note packs more pixels, but that depends on your point of view. I still prefer the Note 4's display over the 6+'s,but that's just me.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think this right here makes it very clear that you're ready for a change of scenery. Sony, Motorola, HTC, and LG make amazing alternatives if you're tired of Samsung. I certainly wouldn't say any of them are more creative except maybe HTC, and possibly LG with the buttons on the back.

In the most polite way possible i'd say do yourself a favor and give another manufacturer a try

Yup, I totally agree on that. After supporting Samsung for many years, it's time to dip your feet into new territory & seek new experience.

It's time to go iPhone? Sony? HTC? :)

Posted via Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's preceisly why I need both. To me, no one phone is going to be perfect. But the iPhone 6+ and Note 4 together? That's a nasty-sliq combo.

Sent from my LG G-PaD??????

As you said ... best of both worlds :D. I am trying to talk my gf into an iPhone 6 (she has a Galaxy S4) -- I know she will love it since she doesn't tinker or anything like that .. she is just resistant to change at first :p.

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I totally agree on that. After supporting Samsung for many years, it's time to dip your feet into new territory & seek new experience.

It's time to go iPhone? Sony? HTC? :)

If I knew FOR SURE if Sony was releasing a Xperia Z Ultra 2 next year, I wouldn't even bother thinking about getting a Note 4 or another Samsung product in general. Sony is now what Samsung used to be a few years ago and even better. I could go to a Z3 or Z4 but they simply are too small, I can't go back to smaller

zu3.jpg

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
That's precisely why I need both. To me, no one phone is going to be perfect. But the iPhone 6+ and Note 4 together? That's a nasty-sliq combo.

??????

No way in hell that slime of a company and its iCrap products will get a cent from me. I'll go back to flip phones before I ever own a iCrap

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah not going to lie I want to play around and use a 6 + for awhile. Mainly because most of the things I jail-broke an iPhone for when I had it have been fixed .. So the curious side of me wants to play with it :).

If you used an iPhone since it's conception.....the iPhone 6 and 6+ are no different except for bigger screens....and better cameras.

IMHO, the iPhone 6's camera blows chunks on the N4's camera. Not just in pic quality but in videos as well. I can churn out 10 pics on the 6 versus 4 on the N4. Now if you turn off OIS on the N4, the speed increases substantially but pic quality suffers.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If I knew FOR SURE if Sony was releasing a Xperia Z Ultra 2 next year, I wouldn't even bother thinking about getting a Note 4 or another Samsung product in general. Sony is now what Samsung used to be a few years ago and even better. I could go to a Z3 or Z4 but they simply are too small, I can't go back to smaller

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/postimages/108579/zu3.jpg

Man, a 1/4 of the size of that Sony is bezel.....kinda like the iTerd....

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall those issues with my Note 3. What I do see from the Note 4 that I saw quite often with my Note 3 is when I try to back out of reading a text message, I'll notice that for some reason the touchscreen thinks I am pressing a space bar and will save the "message" as a draft. I've also noticed that if you hit the back button 3 times to back it up to a prior screen, it doesn't keep the amount of times you hit the back button in queue. I'm guessing they did that in an attempt to make the phone seem more fluid, although I remember my HTC would go back 3 screens if I hit the back button 3 times. The other final annoyance is when I'm typing fast and look at what I've typed, I'll see complete garbage. My HTC had much better logic when it came to predictive text.

Geir Friis

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No way in hell that slime of a company and its iCrap products will get a cent from me. I'll go back to flip phones before I ever own a iCrap

Sounds like, to me, that you should manufacture a phone yourself. That is the only way you will be happy:) That said; your critical attitude is what moves mobile phone development forward. --There is a lot of room for improvement!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How do the note 4 and 6 plus camera compare in day light shots with and with out motion?
To preface I am not a professional photographer. Day shots without motion the note 4 is excellent. The iPhone 6 plus is very close, imo. With motion, the iPhone 6 plus has the edge. Both can take pictures of moving cars (local street) with minimal blurring in burst mode though the iPhone provides noticeably better detail. The Note is limited to 30 shots per burst. Not sure if the iPhone has a limit but i got to about 90 images on a single burst.

Focus wise the iPhone does better overall though tapping on the screen does help to focus. Keep in mind that you must look at the screen to make sure it is in focus, especially with motion.

Camera was the only thing that I was considering getting the iPhone for especially lower light with motion. And no doubt the iPhone is better here but with burst mode, the note isn't too far behind. The iPhone still provides less percentage of blurry pictures and at low light, better detail.

Besides that, I like that the iPhone has no special modes, just shoot. With the note, depending on the situation, you may need to select a mode to get better shots

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Well it sounds like the Note 4 isn't remotely worth the cost and hassle to upgrade too for the pitiful camera upgrade and worthless screen change IMO as I didn't see much improvement from 720P on my Note 2 to 1080P on my Note 3. I'll save my Jump! upgrade till next year when hopefully sony will announce and release a powerhouse Xperia Z Ultra 2 or HTC releases M9 Prime.

Thanks for the blunt and honest info, thats what I needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam