Hello all,

Will the Moto 360 work to its fullest capabilities with the note 4 and vice versa?
    10-28-2014 02:53 PM
    Yup, and nope.
    Yes, the Moto360 works to it's fullest, whatever that means, with the Note 4.

However, although the Note 4 does all it can do with the Moto360, you could get more out of both phone and watch by pairing it to Samsung's own smartwatch line. The Moto360, for instance, cannot sync to S-Health, but it does so to Google Fit, which you can now download for your Note 4. So you're not losing functionality, you could just gain more by going to Samsung's own ecosystem.

That being said, I prefer the 360 and it's actually what I'm using. The watchfaces alone are enough to warrant the purchase

If you do get one (any Android Wear device), I strongly recommend spending that buck on Facer. It's totally worth it.
    RionDunn likes this.
    10-28-2014 03:08 PM
    Yup, and nope.
    Yes, the Moto360 works to it's fullest, whatever that means, with the Note 4.

However, although the Note 4 does all it can do with the Moto360, you could get more out of both phone and watch by pairing it to Samsung's own smartwatch line. The Moto360, for instance, cannot sync to S-Health, but it does so to Google Fit, which you can now download for your Note 4. So you're not losing functionality, you could just gain more by going to Samsung's own ecosystem.

That being said, I prefer the 360 and it's actually what I'm using. The watchfaces alone are enough to warrant the purchase

If you do get one (any Android Wear device), I strongly recommend spending that buck on Facer. It's totally worth it.
    That facer? And what other features would I lose? Would it pretty much be any Samsung software? What about the native messaging app that's preloaded on the note 4, I'm assuming that it will not work with the Moto. I really want the Moto but I use s planner and very few other Samsung apps on a daily basis. I'm really stuck on a decision right now. Fashion or feature?!
    10-28-2014 04:10 PM
    Again, you don't lose features, it's just that some apps are not compatible with Android Wear, like S-Health. But it being a Samsung app, it's compatible with Gear devices.

As for the messaging app, it's totally compatible with Android Wear, but you'll find that if you switch to Hangouts for SMS, you'll have a better experience, like being able to preview images.

The calendar is semi-connected to your watch. SPlanner will display the events and reminders on the watch (because the watch literally will give you any notification that's on your phone and S-Planner gives you that notification), but creating new appointments from the watch will do so onto your Google Calendar. Not sure if this can be changed with Gear watches, but I'd imagine it to be so.

Which apps do you use and what do you expect them to do with the watch? Maybe you're thinking it'll do something that it actually won't, not just with Samsung phones.
    RionDunn likes this.
    10-28-2014 04:32 PM
    My Moto 360 will arrive shortly. I don't use S Health or many other Samsung apps. I hate the gear watches and as Spook said the watch faces are beautiful. I was going to buy the Basis Peak (I still might) but I shall see how the 360 fairs! I hope we'll as I have not been able to find a watch that suits me enough to keep. From the original gear, basis carbon steel, Garmin vivofit and gear 2 neo. All returned or sold. Don't let me down Moto. Please.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-28-2014 04:45 PM
    Grabbed a 360 from BB today since they finally got them in stock on the island.
    10-28-2014 06:07 PM
    Again, you don't lose features, it's just that some apps are not compatible with Android Wear, like S-Health. But it being a Samsung app, it's compatible with Gear devices.

As for the messaging app, it's totally compatible with Android Wear, but you'll find that if you switch to Hangouts for SMS, you'll have a better experience, like being able to preview images.

The calendar is semi-connected to your watch. SPlanner will display the events and reminders on the watch (because the watch literally will give you any notification that's on your phone and S-Planner gives you that notification), but creating new appointments from the watch will do so onto your Google Calendar. Not sure if this can be changed with Gear watches, but I'd imagine it to be so.

Which apps do you use and what do you expect them to do with the watch? Maybe you're thinking it'll do something that it actually won't, not just with Samsung phones.
    I just don't want to be buying something that isn't compatible or comes with less features then my kick *** note. But I am really concerned about fashion, as stupid as it sounds. A watch is a watch, and it's definitely a part of fashion. Especially when you are in front of business all day selling cell phones. It's alot of money to drop on a device and I want to make sure it's something that I'll love. If I miss out on 10% of features than that's totally fine. But if it's like 50% then I might as well get a Samsung watch.
    10-28-2014 07:58 PM
    I have the 360 working on note 4 and any notification you receive on phone will show up on watch. only problem i have seems to be with vibrations worked on note 3 and can not get it working with note 4. Called moto today and that was a waste of time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 08:17 PM
    I have the 360 working on note 4 and any notification you receive on phone will show up on watch. only problem i have seems to be with vibrations worked on note 3 and can not get it working with note 4. Called moto today and that was a waste of time.

Haha that probably turned you away because it's a Moto product running on a Samsung. Do you think it's worth having the Moto running on the note 4 or should I stick with the new samsung watch?
    10-28-2014 11:01 PM

I believe it was the update that minimize the vibrations
    10-29-2014 02:15 AM
    Mine was working fine prior to the update.

10-29-2014 07:37 AM
    Mine is still working just fine, vibrating and all with the new update, having used it on a Note 3 before and now using it on a Note 4.
    10-29-2014 10:54 AM
    I just don't want to be buying something that isn't compatible or comes with less features then my kick *** note. But I am really concerned about fashion, as stupid as it sounds. A watch is a watch, and it's definitely a part of fashion. Especially when you are in front of business all day selling cell phones. It's alot of money to drop on a device and I want to make sure it's something that I'll love. If I miss out on 10% of features than that's totally fine. But if it's like 50% then I might as well get a Samsung watch.
    You don't miss out on what the Moto360 can do. That's for certain. BUT, the Note 4 being a Samsung and the Gear being a Samsung watch, they have extra features that are not common to any Android Wear watch, like integration with S-Health (and by that I mean the ability to use your watch to feed step count and heart rate info into S-Health automatically). I'm not sure if there's a deeper interaction with SPlanner or not, but that might also be a possibility.

I suggest you just go to BestBuy and try one out. In my case, the Samsung one hurt my wrists after 10 minutes. And since I don't really use SHealth, I didn't mind it didn't play nice with the Moto360 (there are other fitness apps out there that do, anyway, if that's your thing).

BUT, if you want even more features, then the Gear S it's the better choice since it doesn't even need a phone to work as a smart watch, but app support and tricks and downloads, of course, will not be as vast as it'll be for Android Wear devices (remember, the Gear S uses a proprietary OS; Tizen, I believe.)
    10-29-2014 10:59 AM
    You don't miss out on what the Moto360 can do. That's for certain. BUT, the Note 4 being a Samsung and the Gear being a Samsung watch, they have extra features that are not common to any Android Wear watch, like integration with S-Health (and by that I mean the ability to use your watch to feed step count and heart rate info into S-Health automatically). I'm not sure if there's a deeper interaction with SPlanner or not, but that might also be a possibility.

I suggest you just go to BestBuy and try one out. In my case, the Samsung one hurt my wrists after 10 minutes. And since I don't really use SHealth, I didn't mind it didn't play nice with the Moto360 (there are other fitness apps out there that do, anyway, if that's your thing).

BUT, if you want even more features, then the Gear S it's the better choice since it doesn't even need a phone to work as a smart watch, but app support and tricks and downloads, of course, will not be as vast as it'll be for Android Wear devices (remember, the Gear S uses a proprietary OS; Tizen, I believe.)
    10-29-2014 10:59 AM

Ahh I see. That makes alot of sense now. That's how they jam all those extra features into the Samsung Gear S, by using tizen. Also, the cost of the gear s is probably going to be huge, having 3G and wireless capabilities.

You've help me make up my mind. I will not need the extra features as I don't even use s health.

Moto 360 here I come!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-29-2014 12:14 PM
    Nice choice, sir. Hehe. And really, as soon as you get it, go purchase Facer. It's worth the buck. Waaaay worth it. (Well, actually, first charge your watch and let it update to the latest firmware, it helps A LOT with the battery life).

After you download Facer, go to Http://facerepo.com and enjoy the wealth of watchfaces options you'll find there for free
    RionDunn likes this.
    10-29-2014 12:22 PM
    Nice choice, sir. Hehe. And really, as soon as you get it, go purchase Facer. It's worth the buck. Waaaay worth it. (Well, actually, first charge your watch and let it update to the latest firmware, it helps A LOT with the battery life).

After you download Facer, go to Http://facerepo.com and enjoy the wealth of watchfaces options you'll find there for free
    Hey! Thanks for all your help! That's incredible!
    10-29-2014 06:21 PM
    Glad I could help And those are only the free ones. There are quite a few free and paid ones in the Play Store that add a few more animated options, so you'll have a lot of fun with these watchfaces alone, plus all the other things your watch can do now.
    10-29-2014 06:23 PM
    Glad I could help And those are only the free ones. There are quite a few free and paid ones in the Play Store that add a few more animated options, so you'll have a lot of fun with these watchfaces alone, plus all the other things your watch can do now.
    That's awesome. Now I just have to hope that the watch will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to see what this thing can do!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:12 PM
    Hey, I was wondering about charging the 360 over night. What kind of battery is in the 360. Is it okay to leave it on the charger over night?
    10-30-2014 11:20 PM
    Well, depending on your use (and especially after the updates you'll get... ) you might stretch this puppy out for more than a day. With regular use for me I make it through a day without problems with about 30% left by midnight. However, if you're a REALLY heavy user, which you'll probably be for the first few days of toying with it, a daily charge will be needed, a mid-day one even. On a 'quiet' weekend, I've been able to make it last for almost two days, but that's with barely any notifications and just looking at it to tell the time.

As it stands, I still charge it every night now, even if it has 50% battery left at night. The battery is a 320mAh Lithium one, so no worries about memory effects or overcharging or wearing it out too soon (for Lithium batteries, whose life is measured in charge cycles, one cycle of 0 to 100% charge is the same as two charges from 50% to 100% or four charges from 0% to 25%... you get the idea). That being said, this thing charges fast. You can go from 0 to 100% in about an hour. Perfectly safe to leave it in the charger at night, and the night stand mode that kicks in while charging is actually pretty nice to have as a bedside clock.
    RionDunn likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:28 AM
    Well, depending on your use (and especially after the updates you'll get... ) you might stretch this puppy out for more than a day. With regular use for me I make it through a day without problems with about 30% left by midnight. However, if you're a REALLY heavy user, which you'll probably be for the first few days of toying with it, a daily charge will be needed, a mid-day one even. On a 'quiet' weekend, I've been able to make it last for almost two days, but that's with barely any notifications and just looking at it to tell the time.

As it stands, I still charge it every night now, even if it has 50% battery left at night. The battery is a 320mAh Lithium one, so no worries about memory effects or overcharging or wearing it out too soon (for Lithium batteries, whose life is measured in charge cycles, one cycle of 0 to 100% charge is the same as two charges from 50% to 100% or four charges from 0% to 25%... you get the idea). That being said, this thing charges fast. You can go from 0 to 100% in about an hour. Perfectly safe to leave it in the charger at night, and the night stand mode that kicks in while charging is actually pretty nice to have as a bedside clock.
    I agree it looks awesome sitting next to your bed. Thanks man! That's greatly appreciated!
    10-31-2014 12:19 PM
    There's a watchface that mimics the stand mode Looks a bit dark in the sun but it does look cool.
    10-31-2014 01:49 PM