"Choose Input Method"

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a notification in the shape of a keyboard and when I pull down in the notification section it says choose input method. I only have Samsung (default), Swype and Google Voice typing in the settings section under keyboards and input methods, and they all have checkmarks beside them. I didn't place the checkmarks there. The notification itself gives a dropdown and the only box checked is the Samsung kb.

Will unchecking everything but the Samsung kb in the settings section fix the recurring notification?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you install a keyboard, those checkmarks under settings are there so you can use them. The keyboard notification, although I hate it too, is Google's 'easy' way of letting you switch keyboards or input methods while inputting text (it should only come up when you're typing).

If you only leave one option checked on your Input Settings, then yeah, the Choose Input Method notification does not appear because you really don't have a choice, you can only use the stock keyboard that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL