Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Battery Saving Tips

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Saving Tips

Put it in ultra power saving mode when you sleep. You will lose 0-1% of battery :)

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

First time android user and I was wondering if there are some things I can do to get better battery life?

i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot/Tethering. Toggle on only as needed. (Switch to "Battery Saving" Mode).
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum Acceptable to you.
3. Sign out of any unused Google Services like G+, Google Now, etc.
4. Disable Location Reporting/History.
5. Beware of constantly syncing in background Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, Google News and Weather, Google Currents, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more and change settings to stop the syncing of data you don't need. Delete the Apps you never use.
6. Turn Off Hot Word "Hotword Detection" Always Listening Mode in Google Search if you don't use it.
7. Turn Off Auto Camera/Photo Upload or at least set it for Upload on WIFI Only.
8. Turn Off Vibrate on Touch for Display, Keyboard, etc.
9. Turn Off Touch Sounds and Unlock Sounds.
10. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use a dark wallpaper if possible.
11. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
12. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
13. Uncheck "Always Scanning" in WIFI settings.
14. Turn Off Always Vibrate in Gmail/Email.
15. Be careful of using too many Live Widgets and what/how often they sync.
16. Set MS Exchange Sync at 30 Days or Less.
17. Do NOT use a Task Killer App or Battery Saver App.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

First time android user and I was wondering if there are some things I can do to get better battery life?

Before you start turning things off and everything, what kind of battery life are you getting?

Has it been like this since you got it? And what are some of the apps you have installed?

Posted via the Android Central App

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot/Tethering. Toggle on only as needed. (Switch to "Battery Saving" Mode).
2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum Acceptable to you.
3. Sign out of any unused Google Services like G+, Google Now, etc.
4. Disable Location Reporting/History.
5. Beware of constantly syncing in background Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, Google News and Weather, Google Currents, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more and change settings to stop the syncing of data you don't need. Delete the Apps you never use.
6. Turn Off Hot Word "Hotword Detection" Always Listening Mode in Google Search if you don't use it.
7. Turn Off Auto Camera/Photo Upload or at least set it for Upload on WIFI Only.
8. Turn Off Vibrate on Touch for Display, Keyboard, etc.
9. Turn Off Touch Sounds and Unlock Sounds.
10. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use a dark wallpaper if possible.
11. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
12. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
13. Uncheck "Always Scanning" in WIFI settings.
14. Turn Off Always Vibrate in Gmail/Email.
15. Be careful of using too many Live Widgets and what/how often they sync.
16. Set MS Exchange Sync at 30 Days or Less.
17. Do NOT use a Task Killer App or Battery Saver App.

TL;DR Turn off all of the cool stuff the phone does 👎

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Download greenify

The list above is pretty awesome.

By far the best advice. Greenify is awsome. And most importantly invisible. I don't see a single change to my phone, except more battery life, by using greenify. It kills apps that are simply running in the background. Thus reducing direct battery use, and possible wakelocks. I will never use any android device without it ever again.

On my wife's non-rooted one m7 she used to come home from work at 35%. (Very poor signal strength at her desk kills her battery). Now she comes home at 65-70%.

Don't know what it's done for my note 4 because I put it on in the first few days I had it. But I get great battery life.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have really done nothing and I get really good battery life. But, I have noticed that my battery drains a little faster when I use my S-pen. On days when I don't use my S-pen often, after a 10-hour work day, I have about 60-70 percent battery left. On days when I basically am using the S-pen all day I am home with about 40-50 percent battery. **** don't hold back. 95 percent of my days, I'm using my S-pen all day long. It is rare that I won't have the S-pen out and using it.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Another good tip is to disable auto starts use either boot manager or All-In-One toolbox to accomplish that.

Plus if you are rooted.:
Download Xprivacy and decline apps that don't need it online access etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki