It appears that I have a small scratch in the upper left portion of my display. I am unsure if I caused this (no drops) or if it came with a scratch (highly unlikely), either way though it's there.

I didn't think it would be enough of a reason to warrant an exchange, so I was wondering if you guys knew of any tips or tricks to fix the scratch. It's only visible at certain times and you can slightly feel it when running your fingernail or s pen across it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have T-Mobile Jump, so I might check to see how the warranty covers it.
    10-28-2014 06:47 PM
    Get a tempered glass cover for the face of phone. Will hide scratch and prevent more from happening. I got mine from the store when I purchased phone and they installed it.
    10-28-2014 06:56 PM
    It appears that I have a small scratch in the upper left portion of my display. I am unsure if I caused this (no drops) or if it came with a scratch (highly unlikely), either way though it's there.

I didn't think it would be enough of a reason to warrant an exchange, so I was wondering if you guys knew of any tips or tricks to fix the scratch. It's only visible at certain times and you can slightly feel it when running your fingernail or s pen across it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have T-Mobile Jump, so I might check to see how the warranty covers it.
    Enjoy and use your things and realize that they will inevitably get banged up, dented, and scratched in regular daily use. This will not be the first or last time such things will happen. Your only other option would be to lock everything in a glass case at home. But then what good would it be to you? Ain't much in this world that's flawless. Lower your anxiety level and relax. Many times nobody notices such things but you. It will not matter to you tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] happens. You leave marks as you go through life. It's only fair that life leaves marks on you. That is the cost of pleasure.

"Why do you care about scratches!?!?!??! It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch! Are you really going to baby it for another two years? My cell phones are always beat up. If i wanted to keep them as collector's items i'd put them in a safe and never use it!" Maybe you have new owner euphoria - it will pass don't worry!" - motocrazy8
    marrzie, Wolvi31, Tkbredx and 2 others like this.
    10-28-2014 06:56 PM
    Cheapest way is to get a tempered glass like another member mentioned.
    10-28-2014 07:00 PM
    +1 for tempered glass. Screen stays flawless
    10-28-2014 07:11 PM
    Enjoy and use your things and realize that they will inevitably get banged up, dented, and scratched in regular daily use. This will not be the first or last time such things will happen. Your only other option would be to lock everything in a glass case at home. But then what good would it be to you? Ain't much in this world that's flawless. Lower your anxiety level and relax. Many times nobody notices such things but you. It will not matter to you tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. sh*t happens. You leave marks as you go through life. It's only fair that life leaves marks on you. That is the cost of pleasure.

"Why do you care about scratches!?!?!??! It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch! Are you really going to baby it for another two years? My cell phones are always beat up. If i wanted to keep them as collector's items i'd put them in a safe and never use it!" Maybe you have new owner euphoria - it will pass don't worry!" - motocrazy8
    I needed this. Thanks, sir.

Thanks to everyone else for the responses, also.
    10-28-2014 07:11 PM
    I needed this. Thanks, sir.

Thanks to everyone else for the responses, also.
    That's crazy. My devices don't get banged up. I "baby them",, (actually I just take care of them), glass protectors and very very thin case. Every year I get the newest, not 2 years. My device is always mint and I get a pretty penny for them that all but pays for the new device, between the phone and any accessories which is usually many.. So I would suggest to just slap a glass protector in and forget about it,, at least you will feel good knowing it won't happen again.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    10-28-2014 08:35 PM
    It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch!
    You know, the Rolex watch is also a "tool." It too will eventually get scratched up.
    Jaguars927 and CamillaBowles like this.
    10-28-2014 08:36 PM
    My device is always mint and I get a pretty penny for them that all but pays for the new device, between the phone and any accessories which is usually many.. So I would suggest to just slap a glass protector in and forget about it,, at least you will feel good knowing it won't happen again.
    Where do you get "a pretty penny" for your phones, if one were to adopt your way of doing things?
    10-28-2014 08:38 PM
    EBay,, I sold my note 3 with a bunch of accessories for 550 dollars. Did same thing with my note 2. I collect many accessories.

Jaguars927 and msndrstood like this.
    10-28-2014 08:52 PM
    Enjoy and use your things and realize that they will inevitably get banged up, dented, and scratched in regular daily use. This will not be the first or last time such things will happen. Your only other option would be to lock everything in a glass case at home. But then what good would it be to you? Ain't much in this world that's flawless. Lower your anxiety level and relax. Many times nobody notices such things but you. It will not matter to you tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. sh*t happens. You leave marks as you go through life. It's only fair that life leaves marks on you. That is the cost of pleasure.

Wow...that was the most profound and deep thing I have read in weeks. Well said sir.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-28-2014 09:57 PM
    I put a tempered glass screen protector on at the same instant I removed the plastic cover from the factory packaging. It never even has a chance to get a speck of dust on it. Many of the TG screen protectors have a silicone adhesive layer that will make the scratches disappear. I would get one on it.

Jmho

ps, then there is jeweler's rouge and some elbow grease, that will get rid of them scratches
    10-28-2014 10:51 PM
    BTW there are also some great screen protectors out there, it doesn't have to be tempered glass. As long as you apply them correctly they can feel just the same as glass without the added bulk.
    10-29-2014 12:05 AM

In some ways I agree with you. It's all in perspective. HOWEVER, when you pay 904.00 outright for a device or tool as you say. You maintain and take care of your investments. If you want to get more than a year out of it considering the cost, it behooves one to take a small amount of time to either slap on a screen protector or something. If you poo money I can understand the complete lacksidasical attitude. But if I spend that kind of money on something I want to get pleasure out of it for a few years to come.

just my 2 cents.
    dlgus likes this.
    10-29-2014 12:08 AM
    I agree!! It must be taken care of. I also sell my phones when the new one comes out and I get top dollar because I take care of it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jaguars927 likes this.
    10-29-2014 02:46 AM
    In some ways I agree with you. It's all in perspective. HOWEVER, when you pay 904.00 outright for a device or tool as you say. You maintain and take care of your investments. If you want to get more than a year out of it considering the cost, it behooves one to take a small amount of time to either slap on a screen protector or something. If you poo money I can understand the complete lacksidasical attitude. But if I spend that kind of money on something I want to get pleasure out of it for a few years to come.

just my 2 cents.
    of course. i take very good care of all of my stuff. i'm not saying don't take care of your stuff. i'm just saying inappropriate language edited by Moderator] happens and don't stress over it.
    10-29-2014 07:30 AM
    Enjoy and use your things and realize that they will inevitably...
    Wow, it's exactly what I think and I really like the way you tell it. I may want to copypaste it if you are ok.
    12-04-2014 12:32 PM
    Wow, it's exactly what I think and I really like the way you tell it. I may want to copypaste it if you are ok.
    sure.
    12-04-2014 12:42 PM
    Maybe you already figured this out since it has been so long, but I don't think you can trade in your phone if it has a scratch on the screen. You will eventually have to get a replacement through the insurance covered by the JUMP program, and the down payment is about $150. This same thing happened with my note 3 (although the screen was actually cracked not just scratched), and now like you I have a scratch on my note 4 .
    05-05-2015 12:20 PM
    I agree!! It must be taken care of. I also sell my phones when the new one comes out and I get top dollar because I take care of it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Absolutely agree. I have over £2000 worth of drills i use on a daily basis but look after my "tools" so they last a little longer and work more effectively as they start to age. Get a tempered glass protector... cases are more personal, I use the Spigen slim armour and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it
    05-09-2015 03:12 PM
    I have never, ever scratched a screen, through numerous phones for numerous years and never used a screen protector. I never put mine in my purse, ever, never. It goes in a pocket by itself, nothing else there. I never carry it when I'm walking (except if I am on a call or looking quickly for something). I never lay it face down and I do baby my phones.

I just recently sold my 6 month old S5. Not a sign of wear on it, not one. It could have been put in the box and given as new as a gift, and no one would have known better. I'm sure eventually I'll get a scratch on one of my screens, but I am just super careful and super aware with my phones and it has never happened yet, even before Gorilla Glass was used.
    05-10-2015 02:27 AM