Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-Pen too sensitive. how to adjust?

nateobomb

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My pen activates like it is touching the screen a half-inch above it. totally unusable. I popped the button off but there is no dial to adjust like on the note 2 pen.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a guess but do you have Increase Touch Sensitivity turned on?
Settings > Display and Wallpaper Increase Touch Sensitivity.

Good Luck!

nateobomb

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung support finally got back to me. Problem solved apparently:

We are afraid to inform you that, there is no possible option to adjust the sensitivity of S-pen. we would have surely helped with it, if there is an option.

We once again apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you. Hope you would understand the situation.

amc747

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, just change the S pen tip and it worked. My phone came with 4 or 5 replacement tips in the box along with an extractor tool.

RobC3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I second the suggestion to change the nib in the pen or try another pen altogether if possible. It's not super common but it's a known issue that can come up here and there with Wacom EMR digitizers and pens.

Daniel Mahler

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem.
Smacking the S-pen flat against the table as recommended on galaxy-note2.wonderhowto.com appears to have fixed it. Go figure ...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Necropost - just for future info:

Touch sensitivity is for the digitizer - and your finger. It has nothing to do with the electromagnetic layer in the screen that "sees" the pen, but you can make the screen work when you're wearing gloves, which is the problem it's advertised to fix.

If changing the tip doesn't work, pop off the switch cover - there's a sensitivity control in there. (I can't believe that Samsung "we know our phones as well as we know Martian" "support" missed that one.)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Four options:
Turn airview off if its on
Update wacom in the "secret menu"
replace the tip
smack the pen against a table

There is no adjustment screw on the Note 4 S-pen

Gruff Davies

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
Me too. Turning off air view did nothing. Reset the device, nada. I read the "smack against the table" fix skeptically but it actually worked (second time). Bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12