While I am getting good battery life from my new AT&T Note 4, one thing of concern is that the Android System, Core Apps, and OS are at the top of the list of things consuming my battery.

To address this, I turned off Wi-Fi persistent location reporting and disabled any pre-installed bloatware that I didn't need. I also reformatted my microSD card, since I saw in another forum that this solves the problem. But nothing I did made those three things go to the bottom of the list where they belong.

Also, I seem to be getting abnormal usage from Google services, despite disabling everything related to Google Play (books, games, movies & TV) except for the Play Store itself. I disabled Google Search (Google Now) as well, since I find myself never using it.

Can someone please help me? Why are these system apps on the top of the list and how do I get them to move down so that the screen is at the top?
    Attached Thumbnails Android System battery drain-uploadfromtaptalk1414544447886.jpg   Android System battery drain-uploadfromtaptalk1414544467505.jpg  
    10-28-2014 08:10 PM
    It may or may not have to do with yours but i disabled the pedometer from Shealth and motions which significantly dropped my android system ussage (i dont use the pedometer or gestures),May work for you too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 08:48 PM
    I did disable S Health completely, and all of the motions and gestures are turned on except for Direct Call, which I never use.
    10-28-2014 08:51 PM
    I am having the exact same issue with my AT&T Note 4. I have tried restoring at least 3 times with no luck. All I do is listen to about 15 minutes of music per day (via mSD card, not streaming), text work and family and occasionally surf the web. I really don't use it an awful lot and yet my AS is averaging 23% and AOS 14%. Right now my screen time is only 1.5 hrs and after 7 hrs of being off of the charger I am at 67%. This is getting ridiculous... I have tried all the suggestions that I have read online to no avail. I don't want to try restoring again because even though it does lower the AS briefly, it ends up right back over 20%....
    11-05-2014 01:24 PM
    You all ought to read and participate in the many other threads. Not being snarky. There's a lot of info out there. One person on the Android System thing found it was constantly indexing a document for some unknown reason.

I had an issue like that with my Note 3 a year or so ago. There are many causes for these things and there are a lot of answers already here.

I think generally...if Android System uses more than screen then it is doing something you don't want it do to. If you read all the threads you may find 6 or 7 besides the indexing thing I just saw this morning. Good luck!
    11-05-2014 02:35 PM
    I have learned that wireless Qi charging, and in some cases USB charging from a laptop, can get the phone's battery level monitoring out of whack. To fic that, you perform a "Clear Cache Partition" (Google it for step by step, and be sure to let it run to completion" and then power off the battery and let it charge with a wall plug charger plugged directly into the phone. Charge it until 100% and then let it keep charging at least another 30 minutes or more. This recalibrates the battery level monitoring and can cure all kinds of problems relating to the battery indicators, battery life, rapid discharge, etc.
    12-26-2014 07:50 AM